summer styles 2009 FROM MARIE CLAIRE?! WOW MUST-SEE

SEMO

I feel like I've seen this before, but thanks anyways for posting it. I agree with you and especially liked these two styles below:

tmhuggiebear

Yes, I saw this. I actually frequently write to marie claire, seventeen magazine, and cosmo, to feature moer african americans. I'm glad to see the letters work!!

lil_xelle

Thanks for the post , It's nice to see AA in a major magazine. I hope it not only continues but expands as well :)

anon123

Those were not bad, actually. But what am I to do with my hair?! :lol: Are all the curly "styles" just wash and gos? Is that first a twist out?

tailormade84

the article stated "Deep condition hair three times a week with a super rich conditioner to flight frizz and breakage. "

whoa now....i dont even wash 3xweek....though it sure does throw water on all those old wives tales about frequent washing making your hair mold and fall out :) lol

Last edited:

varaneka

I cowash everyday usually and only shampoo once a week. I prefer wash & go's b/c I've put my hair through hell w/ all the chemical processing. smh lol

I'm trying to keep my hair on my head! haha

Vonnieluvs08

At least its a start. Next time they could show more styles and how-tos like they have for the normal audience. They should try to be more inclusive which would help sales since I never think to buy this mag since it doesn't cater to me in any way.