How will you be changing your regimen for the fall/winter?

Innocent_Kiss

Gosh, I REALLY hate to see the summer go /images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm gonna be increasing my steam treatments A LOT! If I can, I'm gonna invest in a hair steamer ..if not, a plastic cap will do. My permed ends (can't seem to get rid of em) never descriminate. Rain, sun, snow, -- they're always raggedy and dry. My natural hair however dries out like KRAZY. I just bought 2lb of shea butter and 2lb of cocoa butter. Hopefully, that'll get me through a few months. Before the hair steamer, I HAVE to get a decent humidifier. Here's a good post on why purchasing a humidifier is important 2 Birds... One Stone?... Humidifier (thanks skydancer!). As far as hair styles .. I'm sticking with twist (kinky twist, two strands, nubian twist..all kinds), cornrows, and braids. My hair retains MEGA moisture when it's interlocked. Finally, I'll take my mom's advice this winter and "not try to look cute" lol and cover my head up with a hat. How will your regimen change?

Healthb4Length

Same here girl! My hair retains so much moisture when its in braided styles, I am doing the braids challenge, I make sure I moisturize my braids (ends) every day I surge 2 times a day, When my hair is out of braids I Do twistouts/braidouts and I make sure I oil my ends with shea butter or avocado/mango butters. I am just gonna keep it simple (KISS) for the winter. I want to get a steamer too but right now the budget is tight but I'll get one soon enough.

Chaya

I will definitely will be wearing my hair up in the loose french roll when I am outside. Also I will be doing a deep protein and deep moisturizing conditioner each time that I wash my hair.
I will continue to rollerset and wrap my hair at night. I will need to purchase that satin pillowcase AsAP!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
[ QUOTE ]
The only change I'll probably make is getting a humidifier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I am seriously considering investing in a humidifier. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I also don't air dry my hair completely in the winter months. I spend about 15-20 minutes under the hooded dryer then let it air dry the rest of the way.

sengschick

The Bun Master
Well the major thing I HAVE to change is going outside w/this wet head!! I'm sneezing already from just not covering it up during my AM shower. My plan is to become an expert rollersetter /images/graemlins/wink.gif (after my touch-up/correction) and wear twist-out ponys or up-do's in btwn sets. I'm going to keep it moist by washing every 3 days or so. And I'm going to resume the shea/olive/coconut/avocado hot oil treatments for extra protection every other week.

I'm thinking about this hat thing /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif. If I wear one... that means my hair has to be in a low pony... which means it's laying on my coat and then it's out all day too /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif. My permanent hair clip and big head won't all fit into a hat together!!! Maybe I'll just do the Jackie O (the real Jackie O!!) and buy a silk scarf to protect it from the elements. That way my style wouldn't be disturbed.

jewel

No wet hair in cold weather. I am going to try and purchase a phony phonie or put in braids. I am also going to have more hot oil& deep conditioning treatments. I will add heavier moisturizing conditioners to help seal in moisture.
Basically, I am going to let my hair hibernate(sp) until the spring /images/graemlins/sleeping.gif.

aqualung

I'll still bun consistently, but this fall I'm taking Viviscal and biotin.

I plan to rollerset after EVERY wash between now and Xmas so that I don't have so many tangles.

I'm replacing mucopolysaccharides in Surge with those in the Fubu hair oil. Surge 14 tangled my roots, and Surge Ultramax scalded my scalp when melted and then dried hard when cooled. I'm done with Surge.

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only change I'll probably make is getting a humidifier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I am seriously considering investing in a humidifier. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I also don't air dry my hair completely in the winter months. I spend about 15-20 minutes under the hooded dryer then let it air dry the rest of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a humidifier, we used it all last winter b/c the house is so dry. I can't say I noticed a big difference, but I'll pay close attn this time.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
BTW,

I remember reading something once that said a cheap way to "humidify" your home was to keep a pot of water boiling on the stove.

Faith

No changes besides keeping my hair braided under an instant weave. I'll still wash and condition 1-2x/week. But, now I'll probably comb it 1x/month since it will be in 16 braids while under the IW.