How Will You Maintain And Care For Hair Twists?

Blue_Berry

Hey everyone, I recently got my natural hair twisted. I was wondering what are some techniques in carry and maintaining the twists and how to go about washing them? This will be my protective style for the month.

I have been wearing my own hair in twists since the beginning of the summer. I wash, steam, and redo them every two weeks. I twist using Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In and the Smoothie. I spray nightly with African Royale Braid Spray and I take sections of twists and braid them at night to stretch them and give them some "crinkles" in the morning.

I have been wearing my own hair in twists since the beginning of the summer. I wash, steam, and redo them every two weeks. I twist using Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In and the Smoothie. I spray nightly with African Royale Braid Spray and I take sections of twists and braid them at night to stretch them and give them some "crinkles" in the morning.

Do you wash your hair with the twists in from time to time?

Last edited:
I've been wearing my natural hair in twist for about two years now. I use to redo them once a week, now that my hair is longer I keep them in for 2 weeks at a time. I love twist because they are soo convenient. Usually nearing the end of my second week in twist and will untwist them and wear a twist out for a few days. I've never washed my hair while in twist, because knowing my hair type I know that they will look frizzy.

I usually wear my hair in twists and refresh the style after two weeks. After the first week I'll wash worth them in. They get fuzzy but they're not perfectly smooth to begin with since I finger comb. I tend to wear more buns and flat twists during week two to try to hide it.

I usually wear my hair in twists and refresh the style after two weeks. After the first week I'll wash worth them in. They get fuzzy but they're not perfectly smooth to begin with since I finger comb. I tend to wear more buns and flat twists during week two to try to hide it.

I'm find wearing twists gave me scraggly ends. Is that normal? I need to find a way to thicken my ends.

I'm find wearing twists gave me scraggly ends. Is that normal? I need to find a way to thicken my ends.

I don't think that my ends become scraggly because of twists. When they get that way is usually a sign that it's time for a trim/dusting.

Back