Howse's conditioner and dew.........*thumbs down**

G

Re: Howse\'s conditioner and dew.........*thumbs down**

I think I read in another thread that someone follows it with ORS Deep condi. /images/graemlins/naughty.gif

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I think I read in another thread that someone follows it with ORS Deep condi.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree, that's a no-no. I wash my hair every 3 days and alternate between the UBH and the ORS. On Monday I use the UBH followed by Mizani Moisturfuse, on Thursday I use the ORS Hair Mayonnaise, and 3 days later I use the UBH again. I just started doing this about a month ago. Before that I used the UBH for 2 months straight, every 3 days. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Integrity

Mindymouse said:
I think I read in another thread that someone follows it with ORS Deep condi. /images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mindy, i think that is fine cos ORS is more of a moisturing conditioner than protein. really. I find that the egg protein is way at the bottom and the proteins or amino acids in egg are not too strong IMHO ! i also followed UBH with ORS in my last wash and my hair did get moisturised and nicely soft.

pebbles

Pandora,

I think that maybe you should use the ORS and the UBH on seperate days. The ORS definately makes hair soft. However I wonder how this will affect your hair in the long run? Do you know what I mean? Is there another moisturizer you could substitute for use after the UBH? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Integrity

i dont intend to do that agin cos both products are precíous (not to mention expensive!) to me!

i have moisture plus and the other leave-in like s-curl and pink oil so i am OK /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

G

Pebbles, where do you get Mizani? Sally's does'nt carry it and I'm trying desperately not to support the chinese or asia stores.

pebbles

Here's a link. Rayne was nice enough to post it for me. Mizani Relaxer Scroll down and click on Mizani. Happy shopping! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BronxDiva

[/ QUOTE ] I agree, that's a no-no. I wash my hair every 3 days and alternate between the UBH and the ORS. On Monday I use the UBH followed by Mizani Moisturfuse, on Thursday I use the ORS Hair Mayonnaise, and 3 days later I use the UBH again. I just started doing this about a month ago. Before that I used the UBH for 2 months straight, every 3 days. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried the Mizani moisturefuse and my hair didnt have any slip to it. What gives...... /images/graemlins/confused.gif Maybe I should put olive oil in it like I do with the humectress.....

pebbles

Sorry to hear that!! Maybe you could try olive oil in it. I've read some other ladies mention that it did nothing for them either. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leshia

Re: Howse\'s conditioner and dew.........*thumbs do

Supergirl said:
Leshia, JUST FOR SUPPORT, sweetie--it also felt drying to me too. And, you are entitled to your opinion. I guess some people have gotten such great results with this product that they're seeing you as some sort of "weirdo" because it didn't work for you. I guess I'd do the same thing (secretly) if someone said Elucence (the haircare dream) didn't work for them /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, if you need any suggestions for specific products, let me know. I really love Elucence. It is very moisturizing. And if you just want a light spray conditioner to use on non-wash days, the pantene light detangler is nice. /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

Hugs to YOU!

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome support supergirl! I'll consider the Pantene to which you're referring. If I can't talk to you guys about my hair likes and dislikes who CAN I talk to, right? Hugs right back to ya.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I get mine at Wal Mart Supercenter. Where I live the 8 oz. Tropical Coconut is $0.96. The 16 oz. is $1.86.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a mistake. I meant to say that where I live the 15 oz Tropical Coconut is $0.96. The 22.5 oz is $1.86. Sorry!

Giannie

Wow! /images/graemlins/blush.gifoo: I go away for awhile and come back and it's like a firing squad up in here on Giannie. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm only going to say this once, and sincerely hope that we can squash this and move on to important hair care issues okay? okay?
WHOMEVER was offended by the things that I mentioned weeks ago regarding "Dew", "junk", "immature" etc. etc. etc, I extend to you, my deepest heartfelt apology. Those statements were not intended to hurt anyone's feelings or rattle anyone. I never thought that anyone would have the time to cut, paste, and decipher my words and syllables to that extent. /images/graemlins/grin.gif If I knew then - what I know now, I would not have even responded to this subject. I just love the products and what they have done for my hair, that I didn't take into consideration others would not feel as passionately about them as I do.
My apology pertaining to anyone who has had hair breakage was genuine, because I can relate to hair breakage. I am not going to take up anymore of anyone's time with this. I do respect the fact that we are all here to offer help, give advice, provide facts and opinions about hair and its upkeep. I hope I am never again in a situation in this forum where I have to defend my opinions this way. For the person who understood my point...thanks for your support, you got it! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Giannie /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Giannie

Hi Pebbles, I do appreciate your going out on a limb for me. You were not wrong in doing so. However, I did offer an apology to anyone who was offended, hurt, or rattled by my statements. I HONESTLY didn't think my statements would be misconstrued and magnified to the extent that they were. I was shocked to come back to the forum after being away awhile, and see all of this going on /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Believe me, I have never caused such an uproar with anyone about anything. Bad choice of words, YES! If I knew then what I know now, would I have posted....NO!

I do realize that everyone here has the right to express their opinions. I was just expressing mine about a product that I love and that has given me amazing results like yourself. A better choice of words will be chosen should I decide to post again.
I am glad you realized that I didn't mean any harm. I just wanted to thank you for going out on that limb and seeing beyond those words. An apology was warranted and an apology was given. I'm not going to waste anymore time with defending my name here. If anyone has the time and energy to keep this subject going back and forth...more power to you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Giannie
ps my hair looks great today /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pebbles

Hi Giannie, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Don't worry about it. You, Leshia and all the other ladies involved in this thread are classy women, and I'm certain they will accept your apology and move on. It takes a big person to apologize, and another big person to accept. /images/graemlins/smile.gif As far as I'm concerned, it's over.

Note: I'm glad to hear you're having success with Cathy Howes as well! Here's to continued success! /images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Leshia

pebbles said:
Note: I'm glad to hear you're having success with Cathy Howes as well! Here's to continued success! /images/graemlins/cheers.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I found the answer to this....Tracy mentioned maybe needing a little extra conditioning (moisturizing) after this. I washed my hair again the next evening with just cholesterol and the breakage stopped immediately. I *think* I've figured out how best this conditioner works on my finicky hair. I'll only use this one when I'm out of my other proteins though! Still loving the ORS Hair Mayo too much to think otherwise!

Gianne, we all forgot about this thread until you bumped it back up. I was a bit offended by your choice of words but by no means hold a grudge. I thank you for your apology and hope that you continue to post!

pebbles

Gianne, we all forgot about this thread until you bumped it back up. I was a bit offended by your choice of words but by no means hold a grudge. I thank you for your apology and hope that you continue to post!

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks Leshia. That's gracious of you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leshia

pebbles said:

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks Leshia. That's gracious of you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. We're all here to help one another and to inform. I'm learning to much from all of you to even think about running someone away! Trial and error, live and learn...No harm done, right? You're doing an awesome job, by the by...*wink*

pebbles

You're doing an awesome job, by the by...*wink*

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks Leshia! I appreciate that! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dutchess

Hello everyone, I am new here this is my first post so please work with me. I've read almost everything in this forum and have gotten some awesome tips and advice, you all are great. I was particularly interested in the Howse's conditioner and dew subject because I recently started using the products. I had to see for myself why Cathy Howse was so popular and getting so much attention and recognition. I read the book, purchased the products and my experience with them have been phenomenal. On the other hand, my roommate didn't like them at all after she bought 2 large bottles of dew and conditioner. She didn't have anything nice to say. Her sentiments were similar to some of the people here. She actually gave the dew and conditioner to me. YES!!! Literally just weeks into my UBH program, my roommate started to take notice of my hair. My hair was growing, getting fuller and had a healthy glow to it. She was going to the salon weekly (she can afford it) Her hair was still pretty much the same length and she was experiencing problems with breakage. Suffice it to say, she started using the products again following the directions carefully and taking my advice. I was so proud of her. Now she can't stop representing about the UBH products and I must say that her hair is looking pretty healthy these days. We both use other products from time to time that we learned about. It's all a learning process for trial and error, you know? A year ago, I was still washing my hair every two weeks, getting my hair trimmed every 6 weeks, brushing my hair, not moisturizing everyday and overall misinformed about the special needs and care of African American hair. Thank you for all the information whether it be positive or negative, knowledge is power!

Dutchess

Giannie, I am new here and was browsing these pages. Right, wrong or indifferent I respect the stand you made. It got ugly for a minute, but you are a class act and it was admirable how you handled the situation. Next time don't stay gone so long you see the difference a day makes.

I would like to know more about what you do to care for your hair. Take care!

pebbles

Dutchess,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif You seem to have a routine that is working well for you. I wish you continued success on your hair health journey. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Giannie

Welcome Dutchess, your heiness. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Class recognizes Class. I have a regime similar to the feature of the month; and everything seems to be working well with that. I have gotten some very good advice and tips here. A lot of these people are very knowledgeable when it come to hair types, products and styles. Enjoy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dutchess

Thanks for the warm welcome pebbles, my hair regiment is working well, however, I am always willing to tweak and fine tune it. I printed out your information and will be going to beauty supply to try some of the products you use.
Thanks again and have a great day!

My hair is maybe type 3b, 13 1/2 inches long on the sides and 16 inches long in the back. My goal length is 20 inches all over, however, I would be satisfied with just the normal growth cycle as long as I can keep it healthy.