Cathy Howse's Ultra Black Hair Growth II

KM24

Cathy Howse\'s Ultra Black Hair Growth II

I recently ordered her book and her products. I found the book to be informative, although her commentary on other writers on black hair care seemed to come across as being childish. I'm sorry to say, but I was disappointed with her conditioner and her "Dew." I didn't feel that my hair got enough moisture from either one. Maybe her hair type is 4A and mine is type 4B, I don't know. The book did give me some good information on how to care for black hair, though.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Re: Cathy Howse\'s Ultra Black Hair Growth II

Welcome!

pebbles

Hi KM24, welcome!

I personally like her products and they've worked very well for me, but that hasn't been the case for many others. Many of the ladies here have tried it and did not get good results. We've pretty much come to the conclusion that what works for one person will not always work for everyone. Just keep searching for a product that will work for you. I would say follow her theory of frequent washing and deep conditioning, just substitute other products and see how that works.

Tebby1017

I have never purchased her conditioner, but instead I make it myself (based on her first book). I have had really wonderful results with it and I know that it really improved the condition of my hair.
You might want to try making it yourself...as for the "Dew", maybe consider curl activator.

BTW, welcome to the club.
Tebby

Common

[ QUOTE ]
I have never purchased her conditioner, but instead I make it myself (based on her first book). I have had really wonderful results with it and I know that it really improved the condition of my hair.
You might want to try making it yourself...as for the "Dew", maybe consider curl activator.

BTW, welcome to the club.
Tebby

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you make the conditioner??

Tebby1017

I'm not home right now...so I'll give you the recipe off the top of my head....if I'm wrong I'm sure someone out there can correct me

16 oz. of Protein or Reconstructive Conditioner (I use ION)
8 oz. of Olive Oil (Can also substitute w/Jojoba Oil)
4 oz. Coconut Oil
2 teaspoons of Peppermint oil (as a stimulant; some people use other types ie Cinnamon, rosemary, etc., but I also like peppermint)

Combine all ingredients, shake and store. Use this following every shampoo treatment ( I can't remember but I think she recommends washing hair twice weekly) and use heat for best results.

I hope I got all of this right...One more thing...sometimes the coconut oil kinda solidifies. If this happens just run the conditioner bottle under warm tap water or microwave for a couple of seconds...this works better for me.

Tebby

Integrity

HER CONDITIONER TO ME IS SIMILAR TO THE FASNTASIA TEA TREE NATURALS intensive conditioner, it also has oils, stimulants and protein. it is cheaper too.

mrsdst

I really like her Dew. I have relaxed 4A hair. I have not found anything I like as well. I usually wear my hair straight. Other moisturizers usually do not wear well on straight hairstyles.
I fould other conditioners I like better than hers. I made my own formulation.
The jury is still out...

mrsdst

Babygurl

I have been looking for her conditioner recipe forvever thanks so much!!