Humidity Defying Leave-ins/Products - What's your favorite?

greight

I'm tired of having my twist out looking like a shrunken fro 2 hours later :rolleyes:

I searched the board and got ORS Loc Gel and John Freida Serum. Any more suggestions? What's hot in the streets? I know to avoid glycerin, obviously, but I need something that is moisturizing and won't leave me with dry hair either.

It took YEARS to find a friggin good leave-in combo. YEARS.

tamm

After using your leave-in twist your hair with eco styler gel then add a layer of oil (any oil) over the gel so the gel won't dry crunchy it will keep your twist outs defined for days

Egyptjones

Coconut oil works well for me whether my hair is in a wash n' go or straight. One n' Only Argan Oil also works well.

The product search is EXHAUSTING, isn't it?

greight

After using your leave-in twist your hair with eco styler gel then add a layer of oil (any oil) over the gel so the gel won't dry crunchy it will keep your twist outs defined for days

Tried this before and it has glycerin in it and had not enough hold to keep it together. I really want to like it but it's been sitting in my bathroom for the longest :ohwell:

Coconut oil works well for me whether my hair is in a wash n' go or straight. One n' Only Argan Oil also works well.

The product search is EXHAUSTING, isn't it?

I'm in the North East so coconut oil might start freezing on me. But I'll definitely try One n' Only!

Salerm 21 leave-in

Will put this on my list to buy!

darlingdiva

I got good results with Redken's Smooth Down Detangling Cream Leave-In when it was being sold. I still have a tube of it.

I plan on trying Matrix Biolage's Smooththerapie Detangling Cream when my Redken is done.

Maybe you can give Matrix's Smooththerapie line a try.

Also, Redken's Smooth Down Sleek Obedience is also good. I believe it's still being sold.

Pompous Blue

Bumping...any suggestions to avoid frizzy twist outs?
An_gell I purchased these products from Phyto-usa.com during their 50% off sale -

Phytodefrisant straightening balm
Phytolisee express smoothing mask.

in combination with my usual leave-in and gel (Donna Marie Buttercream and Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha gel or Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic gel.)

I do flat twists and the twist-out shrinkage now is maybe 30% to 40%; not the usual 50% - 70% in Florida's 90% and above humidity. The frizz was greatly reduced and my "wack-patch" stayed defined and less frizzy.

This combination is a keeper for me. Also, please note, although the website says "The straightening effect is boosted with continued use", I don't know that it does since I've only been using it for a week.

This is my regimen for flat-twists outs and braid outs this Summer.

I am natural, 4C-Z.