I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

would've been 5 weeks this weekend lmao. sad huh? My braids weren't flush to my head anymore. they were being pushed to the side. It just makes me anxious to see the results when I flat iron in December :yep:

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

would've been 5 weeks this weekend lmao. sad huh? My braids weren't flush to my head anymore. they were being pushed to the side. It just makes me anxious to see the results when I flat iron in December :yep:

I know exactly how you feel! I have the hardest time keeping my sew in over 4 or 5 weeks. I may not even take the braids out but it's like I've got to be able to get under those tracks.

Looking forward to seeing our hair in Dec :D

I know exactly how you feel! I have the hardest time keeping my sew in over 4 or 5 weeks. I may not even take the braids out but it's like I've got to be able to get under those tracks.

Looking forward to seeing our hair in Dec :D

Exact same thing I did. took the weave out at almost 4 weeks and was gonna keep the braids in for another 2, but when they started to unravel at the ends I decided to take them out and really treat my hair before the next set of just braids.

Hmmm, maybe the wig is behind a private wall? Like is it a place where you have to log in to access the photo? That might be causing the problem.

I read your game plan and it looks great! The only thing I do differently is that if I DC on dry hair, I hope in the shower to rinse it out and cowash and then seal only when I get out. I do not bother to DMM and seal because my hair is plenty moist from the DC and the cowash. Also when I put my wig on it gets all nice and steamy under there so it's like I get a steam treatment, to boot!

There is no right or wrong. Just do what you feel and you will get beautiful results. :yep:
==============================================================
Sheba I don't know. LOL I will try to do it when I get home.

OK re what you would do differently. Now I got it! :)

Hello yall,
I am still on this challenge even though i have been silent for a while ( too busy I guess). But i still have the set of single braids I put 3 weeks ago (september 2nd). And I took a peek yesterday to my hair and i think I am getting very close to APL :). I am 6 months and 3 weeks post as of today ( yay me) and I no longer have the rush to relax or straigthen my hair... that probably means that i am definitively ready to leave my relaxed days behind and move to another journey. I do not inten to BC. Only dusting and I figure out at some point, the relaxed ends will be all gone. Plus I feel like the relaxed ends are preventing my NG from forming SSKs... is it me or it this true?
HHJ to all :)

Ok, no more sideline cheering for me.....I'm in!

What is your PS of choice? 15-20 cornrows braided straight back with tucked (bobby-pinned) ends under partial wigs
Are you natural or relaxed? Natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Suave Humectant mixed with EVOO, honey & castor oil put on hair in sections before braided. I also plan to dry DC weekly before co-wash.
What are you using to seal before braiding? Shea butter
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? African Royale Braiding Spray (ARBS) mixed with Infusium 23
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? AEBS/Infusium 23 mix to moisturize daily, coconut oil on top of braids to seal daily, and castor oil/shea butter mix on my ends after wash
How often will you wash? What method? What products? Co-wash weekly with Suave Humenctant mix, Suave Naturals Almond mix, or a VO5 condish mix. Will also incorporate a final ACV/water rinse into my reggie. I also plan to poo with Suave humectant shampoo after each braid takedown.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? We'll have to see. I'm still a little scared of protein treatments lol. I did try the Aphogee Reconstructor 2 minute before I braided, and my hair felt great afterwards. I will try the 2-step when I take the braids out in 4-6 weeks.
What else might you add to reach your goals? I work out 5-6 days/week. I also rub a castor oil/neosporin blend on my edges nightly. I'm also going to try to remember to take a daily multi-vitamin.

:woot: Welcome Bride91501! :wave: You certainly will inspire us in a year or two with that regi you've put together!

So tell me what kind of wigs you're wearing? I know they're hawt! :D

Ok, no more sideline cheering for me.....I'm in!

What is your PS of choice? 15-20 cornrows braided straight back with tucked (bobby-pinned) ends under partial wigs
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Suave Humectant mixed with EVOO, honey & castor oil put on hair in sections before braided. I also plan to dry DC weekly before co-wash.
What are you using to seal before braiding? Shea butter
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? African Royale Braiding Spray (ARBS) mixed with Infusium 23
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? AEBS/Infusium 23 mix to moisturize daily, coconut oil on top of braids to seal daily, and castor oil/shea butter mix on my ends after wash
How often will you wash? What method? What products? Co-wash weekly with Suave Humenctant mix, Suave Naturals Almond mix, or a VO5 condish mix. Will also incorporate a final ACV/water rinse into my reggie. I also plan to poo with Suave humectant shampoo after each braid takedown.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? We'll have to see. I'm still a little scared of protein treatments lol. I did try the Aphogee Reconstructor 2 minute before I braided, and my hair felt great afterwards. I will try the 2-step when I take the braids out in 4-6 weeks.
What else might you add to reach your goals? I work out 5-6 days/week. I also rub a castor oil/neosporin blend on my edges nightly. I'm also going to try to remember to take a daily multi-vitamin.

Wow, your regimen sounds very similar to mine!

I would join the challenge, but I'm not nearly hardcore enough to do so for 12 months. I will mix it in with the long term protective styles I plan on doing every other month. So I'll be wigging it this month only for now. Hopefully I can be an unofficial member?:

What is your PS of choice? 6 cornrows braided straight back with ends pinned up under a half-wig
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? I have my own version of the method. I sprayed my hair with my leave-in and then added my shealoe butter before cornrowing. Its a mix of shea butter, aloe vera gel, and H6O.
What are you using to seal before braiding? Shealoe butter
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? My leave-in spray (I23, H6O, and I just began adding some Bodycology body cream that I love, that has glycerin)
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? My leave-in mix daily and I don't plan on sealing because there is oil in the mix. I'll seal the ends of my cornrows with H6O or shealoe butter as needed though.
How often will you wash? What method? What products? Wash w/ diluted moisturizing shampoo weekly and condition with either Suave Trop coconut or Lekair. I'll also finish with a lemon rinse.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? I henna every 8 weeks, and for the last 4 weeks I use Aphogee 2-minute weekly. But by that point I'll be wearing styles that last 1-2 weeks and no wigs.
What else might you add to reach your goals? Nothing really. Just staying healthy as I can be, as usual.

What is your PS of choice? WIGS
Are you natural or relaxed? RELAXED
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? TIGI SERIOUS CONDITIONER
What are you using to seal before braiding? COCONUT OIL
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? WATER
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? SPARY MIXTURE W/INFUSIUM/CODISH
How often will you wash? What method? What products? COWASH WEEKLY W/ WEN
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? USE MT AND OVATION WEEKLY
What else might you add to reach goals? I have a mixture of MT/WGO/JBCO I WILL PUT ON MY SCALP EVERYDAY.

Last edited:

Hello Everyone, I'd like to welcome CaroleMelanie and cartelise to the group. CaroleMelanie PM'd me her regi so I thought I'd post it here.

CaroleMelanie said:
Hi Sheba1

Count me in! Great Challenge - good luck ;-)

What is your PS of choice? Wigging it
Are you natural or relaxed? Relaxed (I am a 4a/b/c 17 weeks post relaxer – stretching for as long as I can – might transition)
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Not sure yet (never braided or wigged it before). I’ll look into and get back to you on this one
What are you using to seal before braiding? Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Avocado Oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Not sure yet (never braided or wigged it before). I’ll look into and get back to you on this one
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Not sure yet (never bradied or wigged it before). I’ll look into and get back to you on this one
How often will you wash? What method? What products? Twice wkly – shampoo/co-wash(Nexxus), black tea rinse(Liptons), DC(Bee Mine), ACV rinse, Kimmaytube Leave-in (somehow) & moisturise scalp with oils
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Aphogee two step every other month
What else might you add to reach your goals? Spritz with Aloe Vera Juice, Rosemary combo (Not sure yet of exact mix. I’ll look into and get back to you on this one)

Welcome Ladies! HHG!

Hey Ms. Sheba! I wanna thank you so much for starting this thread...I've learned so much already!

Attached are the 3 I've bought so far. The first one will be my everyday wig. I love it. The last 2 were my "cruise/vacation" wigs (my friend calls them my show wigs lol)

1. "Dream Girl" by Janet Collection
2. "Evony" by Outre
3. "Kelly" by Newborn Free

Attachments

• Evony Wig.jpg
    Evony Wig.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Kelly NBF Wig.jpg
    Kelly NBF Wig.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Dream Girl by Janet Wig.jpg
    Dream Girl by Janet Wig.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 56

Hey bride91501 :wave:

I'm learning a bunch too! I loooooove your every day wig! :drool: Might have to get me one :look:

my braids made it through there first wash...this wigging it thing is a breeze!

my braids made it through there first wash...this wigging it thing is a breeze!

It is easy, isn't?? I'm really enjoying this.

The braids being fuzzy actually don't tempt me as much to take them down.

Hey ladies,
Ok I have a dilema... I have a wedding coming up very quick ... a friend of mine decided to get married with a 3 weeks notice for various reasons. I have had my self made braids in for the past 3 weeks and they started looking frizy... So its either i take them down next week at 4 weeks ( i wanted to keep them in for at least 6 weeks) then flat iron for the wedding ... or work it out with the braids. Do you have any idea how I can make them look better without having to take them down... Maybe just re-do the front rows? Or make it a messy style put add in flowers to make them look better?
Thanks a lot in advance
PS: I just washed them and DMM'ed ( since I am doing that every week. I checked one braid last week and I was doing ok moisture wise, no smushy hair , the Mega tek is maybe balancing the moisture) So I am good to go for the week... I am enjoying this challenge soooo much. With a 40hrs+ per week job, a part time master's and a side business, i sure needed something like this that basicly make me leave my hair alone for a week. Thanks a lot Sheba !!! You are a savior

Hey there Poutchi :wave:

I say take the braids down, enjoy your hair and then get back to business when you're ready to put it away again. Have you taken a "before" picture? If not, use it as an opportunity to do that. I'm going to straighten my hair in December to trim, do a picture and then continue on the braided path :yep:

Please count me in!

What is your PS of choice? Wigs
Are you natural or relaxed?Natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? AOHSR, Kenra MC
What are you using to seal before braiding? JBCO
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Water
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? I will spray my hair with water, seal with CO and follow with KBB hair milk every other day
How often will you wash? What method? What products?I will wash once a week, co-wash once a week. I use Shea Moisture curl shampoo, and Yes to cucumbers/WEN to co-wash
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often?Aphogee two step
What else might you add to reach your goals? I need to forget about my hair. I am hoping to be SL in december.
________
Honda nsr series

Last edited:

I bought my first lace front wig finally and I will be sporting that and a couple of others for a while.

i have in a sew-in now and i spritz my praids underneath with a mix of water, aloe vera gel and juice, oil and some shea moisture leave in ( the old version b4 target)...i'm going to do sew-ins definitely until the beginning of 2011, but i'm definitely looking into half wigs for so i can have easier access to my hair and cowash whenever i want without worrying about tracks loosening, plus i like the idea of taking it off when i go to bed and when im around the house...i saw a few cute synthetic half wigs but idk how they will hold up over time, even though b/c theyre so cheap they can easily be replaced....i wish i could find a cute affordable kinky curly human hair one though...i might even look into lacefronts but i will still leave my edges out...round hairlines arent the bizness lol...i wonder how i would secure it though?

Officially in as of today!! I had my hair braided at ther African salon earlier. The lady complained about the amount of conditioner i had in my head. LOL But it came out fab..i have the circular cornrow style.

I've discovered that my hair favors twists over cornrows. Therefore, I'm twisted under Valencia Girl. This is by far the best wig I've ever worn. Its so natural. Anyhow, while cleaning out my fridge I realized I had some Afroveda Curl and Define Cream so I will be using that daily to moisturize, but I'm still gonna do my actual twists with my Healthy Hair Butter.

Attachments

• Wig 3 VALENCIA GIRL.jpg
    Wig 3 VALENCIA GIRL.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 33

Hi ladies :wave:

now that the birthday weekend is over, time to focus. I plan on doing an Aphogee 2-minute treatment this week and then get a fresh set of braids done this weekend. :yep:

Welcome, VirGoViXxEn :wave:

:giggle: I can't wait to roll up in the spot and get my hair braided with all this stuff in my hair! hahaha I know it's gonna cause a ruckus but hey.. I'm payin :look: I will probably get my hair braided professionally after I do my trim in December.

I've discovered that my hair favors twists over cornrows. Therefore, I'm twisted under Valencia Girl. This is by far the best wig I've ever worn. Its so natural. Anyhow, while cleaning out my fridge I realized I had some Afroveda Curl and Define Cream so I will be using that daily to moisturize, but I'm still gonna do my actual twists with my Healthy Hair Butter.

That wig is beautiful, Evallusion. I'm always on the look out for natural looking wigs with a nice bang. :yep:

Nice that you've got that stash of Afroveda curl and define tucked away! Welcome!

halleys curls is coming out with 1/2 wigs soon...if they have the texture i want at a reasonable price i'm definitely getting one...if i get that i'll definitely be wigging my way to waist length hair lol

Week 1 ended for me. On my little six individual braids, I did a wash with diluted porosity control poo, 5 minutes with suave humectant, then a little suave humec for a leave in. Although slightly poofy, my hair is soft.

halleys curls is coming out with 1/2 wigs soon...if they have the texture i want at a reasonable price i'm definitely getting one...if i get that i'll definitely be wigging my way to waist length hair lol

Oh this is cool.... Thanks for the heads up.

Feeling a little down today. Just accessed my old fotki and saw in 2007 I kept it simple and didn't style a lot and my hair was growing steadily. In between then and now I had a lot of setbacks and times where I slacked :( Now I'm only a few inches past 2007!
I thought my hair had stopped growing, but maybe it was just the ends breaking off all along. My GR was definately 0.5 pm then so I am expecting that through the challenge :D

Feeling a little down today. Just accessed my old fotki and saw in 2007 I kept it simple and didn't style a lot and my hair was growing steadily. In between then and now I had a lot of setbacks and times where I slacked :( Now I'm only a few inches past 2007!
I thought my hair had stopped growing, but maybe it was just the ends breaking off all along. My GR was definately 0.5 pm then so I am expecting that through the challenge :D

I know the feeling my hair is only a couple inches longer from 2008 until now..its thicker and healthier but no length really (but at least I am 14month post/transitioning to texlax right now)...this challenge I want length!

Thanks for the heads up !!! :yahoo: it's about time an online vendor capitalized on their premium hair to make half wigs/ side part wigs. Honestly why did it take these people so long. Don't they want my PJ money??? :lol:

ETA: I wonder if they got the idea from the Island beauty and this is why she had to take her vids down :scratchch

I decided to do my own flat twists for this week to wear under my braids until I can get someone to braid my hair for me. Hope they come out okay

Back