I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

I just finished week 2. I did cheat and detangle my braids by hand to check on the progress but I put them right back in.

I gotta tell you guys this...:grin::grin::grin:. I finally found something I've been searching for, a silk wig cap. Yep real silk. I ordered it from Pretty Anntoinet's, it's listed as a silk beanie. So now I'm going to use the silk beanie then put a flesh tone wig cap on top before throwing on the lace wig.

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

I just finished week 2. I did cheat and detangle my braids by hand to check on the progress but I put them right back in.

I gotta tell you guys this...:grin::grin::grin:. I finally found something I've been searching for, a silk wig cap. Yep real silk. I ordered it from Pretty Anntoinet's, it's listed as a silk beanie. So now I'm going to use the silk beanie then put a flesh tone wig cap on top before throwing on the lace wig.

Please let us know how you like it, if it fits snugly. I'm gonna try making my own halfwig this weekend and was thinking of sewing a piece of silk into the cap. But if I can get a premade beanie that would be awesome.

Ladies I washed my hair on Sunday and haven't moisturized it since. The reason being, I used Aussie Moist as my DMM conditioner and sealed it in a kukui nut and sunflower oil combo. Two days later, my hair still feels incredibly soft. I like it so Aussie Moist Conditioner will be used as my DMM conditioner for a while:yep::grin:.

Ladies, I think I am going to take these braids out today... I have this wedding coming up and I started redoing the front part but I am just not happy with the look of it ( I know I know I am not the bride and I should stop caring about what my hair look like lol). So I am going to take them down today, Do an Aphogee 2 step and Moisture DC then probably do a bantu knot out for tomorrow and friday. I am thinking of flat ironning for the wedding. I am soo not sure of anything lol. The only reason why I am hesitating on taking the braids out now is that I know I would not have time to put new braids in for the next 2 weeks (but wait... i have a very nice lacefront I can rock for the next 2 weeks...hmmm ). Focus Poutchi. Ok do you guys think my hair will be damaged if I keep it out for 2 weeks (bantu knots out)?

Washed and dmm my hair again this morning. I love that it keeps my hair so soft.

i have a ? re lace fronts

do you HAVE to use da glue......? why can'tchu just slap it on n call it a day lolol...seriously.

do you HAVE to use da glue......? why can'tchu just slap it on n call it a day lolol...seriously.

Hey, I asked this same question. The advice I was given was to use bobby pins. It works I have been doing it. I shake my head beyonce style to make sure it won't fall off lol. It gets pretty windy here. But yeah I just adjust the strap and then use bobby pins near my ears and at the temples. It won't be noticable unless you are trying to wear a high ponytail.

no you don't have to use glue or tape. most LFs come with combs in them anyway so no glue or tape needed.

you guys rock!!! I MAY consider it. cuz see, if ur anything like me, i like to come home, snatch dat joint off, stick it on da door knob and keep it movin..... for da life of me, i just can see working out as much as i do (sweating), and having that glue just ooz down my forehead into my eyes and then i can't see.....can u imagine that....

^^ :lol: I have my hair braided in a beehive and wear LFs every day. Once I'm home, this sucker comes off. I love it. I can access my hair and scalp with no problem. Plus I can change my look if I want to :yep:

I don't glue or tape, I slap and go err day, LOL

Ladies I do not use, glue, bobby pins or a comb with my LF. I just make sure its a reasonably snug (not tight) fit and then secure with straps at the back. Best method hands down. I also do not press to blend my hair but instead leave a few baby hairs out at the front to give a more natural hairline. For this to work tho the LF has to lay flat. I have found this to be the best method for my edges as there is no pressure on my edges. :up:

Question ladies.....Is anyone on here still doing the BTR (black tea rinse) while braided up? If so, how are you doing it? Thank you.

I don't glue or tape, I slap and go err day, LOL

the long dark one in ur siggy...is that a lace front?

i think imma go ahead n do it. i just hope da dern thing don't decide to up jump da boogie n come off...yall know i'm paranoid. *sighs*

now i gotta make an appt n get dis weave taken out. hell, it's been in since June. da newgrowth off da chain. it's so much newgrowth, i can stash a pack of newport shorts up in hea... but it's a curly one so i can get awa wif it. matta fact....*pats da bossom...* where are my newports.....

brb yall...

you guys rock!!! I MAY consider it. cuz see, if ur anything like me, i like to come home, snatch dat joint off, stick it on da door knob and keep it movin..... for da life of me, i just can see working out as much as i do (sweating), and having that glue just ooz down my forehead into my eyes and then i can't see.....can u imagine that....

Exactly what I do... Im waiting for my wig heads to come (order via amazon) but I take that sucka off and spray my braids moisturize put my scarf on and go about the rest of the day! lol

Ok braids are out. What a relief :). I am probably going to wear a wig for the next 4 weeks then i will do some kinky twists in my hair for the rest of the year. My NG has grown a lot. I am part of the hide your hair challenge and cannot post pics. I am probably going to flat iron and split end my hair tonight then i will wear wraps for until the wedding day.

A bird **** on my quick weave last night, not impressed!

However I'm happy it wasn't my real hair bleh!

This tread is very interesting. I'm subscribing. I just got a set of singles extension done last week Friday and hope to keep them in for about 10 weeks. I follow the C&G method. When I''m not in braids - resting period- I use wigs. I will def. incorpartate DMM in my braiding.

hey ladies. Im in my 2nd week of the challenge. Im rocking the beehive. the front is unravleing a little so I didnt wash it last week. Im going to po and DC this weekend and pray these braids last for another two weeks. I do feel alot of new growth. I use MT on my scalp everyday - i think its helping with growth! I am currently 13 weeks post. This challege def helps with the stretch!

Exactly what I do... Im waiting for my wig heads to come (order via amazon) but I take that sucka off and spray my braids moisturize put my scarf on and go about the rest of the day! lol

see, i can't be messin wif those wig heads. chile, one night i got stoopit drunk (and prolly a lil high)....next thing u know, i looked and i think dat wighead gave me da side eye n said sumfin smart....next thing u know we was cussin each otha out.....afta dat, i threw da head OUTSIDE in da trash....dayum dat. no wig heads for me....:nono:

Luckily it wasn't, that happened to my brother .... he left the house with a black fro and came back with a white speckled one :lol:

see, i can't be messin wif those wig heads. chile, one night i got stoopit drunk (and prolly a lil high)....next thing u know, i looked and i think dat wighead gave me da side eye n said sumfin smart....next thing u know we was cussin each otha out.....afta dat, i threw da head OUTSIDE in da trash....dayum dat. no wig heads for me....:nono:

:lachen::lachen:

Ok so my turn for an update :grin:

I ordered a half wig from hairsisters (took so darn long to come) Freetress Lyon Girl. I love it!! My hair is hennaed and my color now it extremely difficult to match .. so since my wig is synthetic I decided to rinse the front portion of my hair black (pics to come soon right now I'm at work :shhh:.

I used my Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner and sealed with Vatika oil and put on a plastic cap and threw on my wig. I baggy for 2 days straight and leave it off for 1 night and go back to the baggy. My hair is sooo moisturized & soft :lick:, I'm loving this method. And it feels a lot thicker (I've been wearing wigs for 4 weeks now).

I'm going to do an ayurvedic tea rinse this weekend ... :yay: I've never been this excited before over hair care lol!

Ok just checking in. When I first started this challenge, I put small box braids in with my own hair. No extentions. They worked well under wigs, but I don't think I'll be doing them again because it took 3 hours to get them out!!!! Next time I'll just do 6 braids, 3 on each side and call it a day.

My hair was extremely moisturized when I took the braids out and I didn't moisturize like I should have, so this method is a keeper. I did have a lot of shed hair, though. I'm a little worried about that. But then again, I didn't comb my hair for a whole month.

Right now I'm doing waist length yarn braids for a hair/fashion show. I'll be keeping those in (hopefully) until Dec.

What type of LFs are yall wearing? I mean like with bangs or something? How are you able to have the hairline with no glue?

Feeling a little down today. Just accessed my old fotki and saw in 2007 I kept it simple and didn't style a lot and my hair was growing steadily. In between then and now I had a lot of setbacks and times where I slacked :( Now I'm only a few inches past 2007!
I thought my hair had stopped growing, but maybe it was just the ends breaking off all along. My GR was definately 0.5 pm then so I am expecting that through the challenge :D

:bighug: I have been there before. It's never too late to get on the ball though!

Thanks for the heads up !!! :yahoo: it's about time an online vendor capitalized on their premium hair to make half wigs/ side part wigs. Honestly why did it take these people so long. Don't they want my PJ money??? :lol:

ETA: I wonder if they got the idea from the Island beauty and this is why she had to take her vids down :scratchch

:woot: I want one of these so bad I can't see straight!

this is a really good idea. and if I'm not mistaken you can probably still even wash and DC in the beehive braids. how much did she charge for that?

Yes you surely can, I do it constantly.

Hey ladies! Just wanted to give an update:

This is my 2nd week in my cornrows, and so far, so good! I was a little worried about overmoisturizing, but when i take down my ends to co-wash and reseal, my ends look great and have lots of elasticity- no breakage. To be on the safe side (can you tell how type A I am? lol) I'm gonna start mixing a little bit of ORS DC in my weekly moisturizing DC mixture, since I know it's more of a protien conditioner.

I've started co-washing more often- 2-3x per week, and I also water-rinse most days during the week following my workout.

Happy growing everyone!

CAUTION: wetting your hair that much will make it mat up... my hair is not really prone to matting, but most people would have serious dreds doing that much wetting for 8 weeks. You'll need to take yours down earlier since you are wetting your hair so much. If I were cowashing that much I'd take the braids out in like 4 weeks.

I need one of those for the winter....

Ladies I washed my hair on Sunday and haven't moisturized it since. The reason being, I used Aussie Moist as my DMM conditioner and sealed it in a kukui nut and sunflower oil combo. Two days later, my hair still feels incredibly soft. I like it so Aussie Moist Conditioner will be used as my DMM conditioner for a while:yep::grin:.

I use Aussie 3 min as my DMM conditioner all the time. I use Kenra MC too of course, but Aussie is my love as well :cloud9:

LMAO! Sorry that happened to you!

OMG! That wig head got shown the door :lachen:

I've discovered that my hair favors twists over cornrows. Therefore, I'm twisted under Valencia Girl. This is by far the best wig I've ever worn. Its so natural. Anyhow, while cleaning out my fridge I realized I had some Afroveda Curl and Define Cream so I will be using that daily to moisturize, but I'm still gonna do my actual twists with my Healthy Hair Butter.

Cute wig!

Checking in! :wave:

Still in my beehive and I can lift them up already so I'll take that as a sign of growth and roll with it lol. Cowashed tonight and plan on shampooing and DCing again this Sunday. I hope to keep these in for another 3 weeks and some change.

I just used the combs inside the wig, no glue & no tape.
I guess it sort of has bangs.

firstlady-vi.jpg

Parting, although I need to lay her down a bit flatter to wear outside the house.
firstladypart-vi.jpg

What type of LFs are yall wearing? I mean like with bangs or something? How are you able to have the hairline with no glue?

Last edited:

I just used the combs inside the wig, no glue & no tape.
I guess it sort of has bangs.

firstlady-vi.jpg

Parting, although I need to lay her down a bit flatter to wear outside the house.
firstladypart-vi.jpg

OOOOHHHHH, I LIKE this wig A LOT!! What's the name of it, where did you find it?? Maybe I should look back at the last few pages and see if it was posted. VERY NICE!

I've been in a half wig this week with my cornrows to the half of my head and two strand twists in back. My loose hair is doing awesome in twists and even though it took two hours, the moisture retention is just ridiculous!! This is the first time I've had twists and I truly see what the hype is all about. Jane Carter Nourish & Shine and ORS twist and lock gel have impressed me with how moisturized my hair has been since Sunday.

The wigs and PS has my hair on the GROW!!

ok is it ok to moisture spry my hair twice a day and protien spray once a day everyday? and shampoo wash with deep con once a week? xx

: CAUTION: wetting your hair that much will make it mat up... my hair is not really prone to matting, but most people would have serious dreds doing that much wetting for 8 weeks. You'll need to take yours down earlier since you are wetting your hair so much. If I were cowashing that much I'd take the braids out in like 4 weeks.

Lady P--- you truly are a doll. Thanks so much for checking in and giving us all tips and pointers. It means so much and is a reminder to me to do the same when I get to where you are! MUAH!

Luckily, my hair is not prone to matting either, but thanks for the advice. I was going to try to keep the braids in for 6 weeks, but I think I will now remove then at the 4 week mark just to be safe. Thanks again!

It's called First Lady by Janet Collection. I have been looking at her for a while and finally bought her on-line.

OOOOHHHHH, I LIKE this wig A LOT!! What's the name of it, where did you find it?? Maybe I should look back at the last few pages and see if it was posted. VERY NICE!

I've been in a half wig this week with my cornrows to the half of my head and two strand twists in back. My loose hair is doing awesome in twists and even though it took two hours, the moisture retention is just ridiculous!! This is the first time I've had twists and I truly see what the hype is all about. Jane Carter Nourish & Shine and ORS twist and lock gel have impressed me with how moisturized my hair has been since Sunday.

The wigs and PS has my hair on the GROW!!

Back