I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

Gibsongal

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

Just checking in. Poo'ed hair with Curls Cleansing Creme. Used Giovanni SAS deep moisture con for about 5 minutes in the shower, and used my GVP Infusium mixed with Carefree Curl Gold, and Skala Ceramide G3 as a leave-in. Sealed with castor oil. My braids feel great.........But....

I slapped on an old half-wig that I found in the closet and it itches like crazy!!! I could hardly stand it. I've already soaked one of my wigs in fabric softener, but it still irritates me. I hope I'm not allergic to synthetic (sp) wigs. Does anyone know what else I can do? Or should I just throw them out and buy some more?

NikkiQ

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

Did a moisturizing shampoo today.Gonna do a nice long DC tomorrow after work and I too have a case of the fuzzy braids lol. It's only been 4 weeks, but they're starting to show their age. I'll take them out in about 2 weeks and get a fresh set. I can't wait until my new wigs come in on Wednesday!!! :wiggle:

sheba1

Just checking in. Poo'ed hair with Curls Cleansing Creme. Used Giovanni SAS deep moisture con for about 5 minutes in the shower, and used my GVP Infusium mixed with Carefree Curl Gold, and Skala Ceramide G3 as a leave-in. Sealed with castor oil. My braids feel great.........But....

Mmm mmm mmmm! That sounds :lick:

I slapped on an old half-wig that I found in the closet and it itches like crazy!!! I could hardly stand it. I've already soaked one of my wigs in fabric softener, but it still irritates me. I hope I'm not allergic to synthetic (sp) wigs. Does anyone know what else I can do? Or should I just throw them out and buy some more?

When in doubt, throw em out! That's my motto. :yep:

Did a moisturizing shampoo today.Gonna do a nice long DC tomorrow after work and I too have a case of the fuzzy braids lol. It's only been 4 weeks, but they're starting to show their age. I'll take them out in about 2 weeks and get a fresh set. I can't wait until my new wigs come in on Wednesday!!! :wiggle:

I can't wait either!! You're gonna be so fly with your new wigs!!

As for me, I found an old growth mix I made up some time ago. I don't even remember all that was in it. I know it had megatek, mn, castor oil and some other stuff. I added some sulfur to it and put it in a squirt bottle. I applied some to my scalp this evening, gave myself a head massage and now I'm baggying til morning when I'll cowash. I'll do this at least three times per week. HHG, deep moisture divas! Night night... :yawn:

MrsHouston

Great Thread ladies. I've been doing this since April and hoping to continue until mbl. This method really works for me. I've gotten 4 inches in 5 months.

Kacie

I'm in and I agree with LadyP...those wig caps are the devil. I didn't realize all the damage it did until after my stretch was over. I plan to wrap my head in saran wrap, then wig cap, then wig it.

What is your PS of choice? Lacefront Wig with 6-8 individual braids underneath
Are you natural or relaxed? Relaxed
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Keracare Humecto
What are you using to seal before braiding? Coconut Oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Rosewater
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Fermodyl 619 (emptied vial into spray bottle)
How often will you wash? What method? What products? Plan to wash once a week with diluted Breakthru or Porosity Control poo and followup with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm or Intense Hydrator.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? I will take down every six weeks and use Aphogee 2 step hard treatment.
What else might you add to reach your goals? I will apply MT to my scalp every other day, as I'm trying to use it up. I also just started in on a 2 month supply of Hairfinity vitamins.

NikkiQ

did a DC today after work using my Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment. Left it on for over an hour. I applied it using the relaxer method-applicator brush- to get to the NG under the braids better...even though I can just lift the braids off of my head now lol. Got about an inch of growth in the back and I've had them in for 4 weeks this past Saturday. Yay!!! :pulpdance:

locabouthair

Ladies, PLEASE dont take this the wrong way because I'm not trying to be a debbie downer but be careful of how you are securing your wigs. Someone probably already mentioned taking out the combs in the wigs and using bobby pins instead but be sure to change the placement of the pins. I was using bobby clips to secure my wigs and I would always place them at the temple and now those areas are very thin. 10 months later and I still dont see any change. I was trying to give my hair a break but all I did was give myself bald spots in the process. I wore my wig for 8 months consistently. If I had only worn it occassionally I doubt I would have the thin temples.

Anyway, I dont want to discourage anyone ( we all want the same goal, healthy growing hair). I just dont want anyone's hair to end up like mine. Just be careful how you place the pins.

luvmesumhair

Hi Sheba and LadyP. I would like to join myself. But a few questions.....

After you put in your DMM and Seal, and then you are ready to wash/co-wash (Meanwhile, you are washing the DMM out of your hair at the same time), do you then dc UNDER THE DRYER? After that do you wash out the dc THEN reapply the DMM and seal? Or do you DC (under the dryer), DO NOT WASH dc out. Proceed to seal? Also, for those of you who are washing/co-washing 2 or 3 times a week, are you DMM'ing EVERY single time?

Do you or some of you consider the DMM your DC? Just without heat?
After you do the DMM, do you let that airdry before putting on your wig?
Just to clarify, when you M & S'ing (not DMM), do you do that on top of the DMM?
Are you M & S'ing once or twice a day as well?

luvmesumhair

But for now, I will answer your questions:

What is your PS of choice? Wigs
Are you natural or relaxed? Texlaxed
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Have to think about this one. But its something with Ceramides added.:yep:
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? VO5, AOHSR or Tressemme? Mixed with Safflower Oil (for Ceramides)
What are you using to seal before braiding? Castor Oil or some type of grease.
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Bee Mine Luscious or (Forgot the name) Leave in. Seal with Hot 6 Oil.
How often will you wash? What method? What products? Every two weeks while STILL in braids. CON Poo or Co-Wash with VO5 Moisture Milks.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Aphogee 2 Step. Every 6 weeks
What else might you add to reach your goals? Vitamins: A Multi and Gelatin(need to find out what brand LadyP is using), Upping my water intake, Working out/Cardio
How long to you plan on leaving the braids in? 1 to 2 months. Really gonna try for 2 months!

Last edited:

smwrigh3

Ok ladies....I got my wigs in the mail today so I am about to do this for the first time so here is wat I am going to do and if I am wrong please let me know for next time.. or maybe u can save me (if I see it early enough)

I am about clairfy my hair with ORS shampoo then deep condition with heat with ORS and let it air dry a little the I am going to add some JBCO to seal in the conditioner and start braiding this hair up. then end.:look:

I am going to make my braid spray tomorrow b/c I still need some things. I chose to mix S-curl, Aloe vera, JBCO and I think Grapeseed or Jojoba oil. So I will spray my braids every morning before adding wig and then again at night before I moisturize with ORS and seal with grapesead oil. Since I am joining the CO challenge I will apply JBCO to my scalp on Wednesdays and Sundays.

I am new at braiding so I hope my braids last a month... (please let them last a month:pray:)

Okey dokey I think I got it! I will be back after I apply the conditioner to my hair!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•

I am still in-- I just wont "officially" start until this Friday when I get out of this sew in.

I am looking forward to this !!

Chameleonchick

Question:
How do you wear a full wig with braids under it? Like how does the wig stay on? I hope this wasn't answered already.

jerseyjill

Cornrow your hair down. Put on a wig cap and the wig will stay.

sheba1

Hi Sheba and LadyP. I would like to join myself. But a few questions.....

After you put in your DMM and Seal, and then you are ready to wash/co-wash (Meanwhile, you are washing the DMM out of your hair at the same time), do you then dc UNDER THE DRYER? After that do you wash out the dc THEN reapply the DMM and seal? Or do you DC (under the dryer), DO NOT WASH dc out. Proceed to seal? Also, for those of you who are washing/co-washing 2 or 3 times a week, are you DMM'ing EVERY single time?

Welcome, @Luvmesumhair! :wave:

I DMM before I put my braids in and seal the ends so my hair will retain moisture better throughout my time in braids. After that I either cowash and seal or moisturize and seal daily. Your hair will stay plenty moisturized if you do it this way, and you'll find that your head along with your moist hair under the wig will provide plenty of heat for a nice sort of steamy environment.

I DC on dry hair before cowash from time to time.

Ok ladies....I got my wigs in the mail today so I am about to do this for the first time so here is wat I am going to do and if I am wrong please let me know for next time.. or maybe u can save me (if I see it early enough)

I am about clairfy my hair with ORS shampoo then deep condition with heat with ORS and let it air dry a little the I am going to add some JBCO to seal in the conditioner and start braiding this hair up. then end.:look:

I am going to make my braid spray tomorrow b/c I still need some things. I chose to mix S-curl, Aloe vera, JBCO and I think Grapeseed or Jojoba oil. So I will spray my braids every morning before adding wig and then again at night before I moisturize with ORS and seal with grapesead oil. Since I am joining the CO challenge I will apply JBCO to my scalp on Wednesdays and Sundays.

I am new at braiding so I hope my braids last a month... (please let them last a month:pray:)

Okey dokey I think I got it! I will be back after I apply the conditioner to my hair!

Woohooo!! Welcome @smwrigh3 :wave:

That is some wig regi you put together there. Looks awesome! I think your braids will last beautifully for the month. :yep:

I am still in-- I just wont "officially" start until this Friday when I get out of this sew in.

I am looking forward to this !!

Me too, @yaya24 I am really excited about seeing my hair after I do this for a few months! I really needed this kind of environment to stay out of my hair. To quote @your hair is your glory I will "love my hair by leaving it alone".

Question:
How do you wear a full wig with braids under it? Like how does the wig stay on? I hope this wasn't answered already.

Cornrow your hair down. Put on a wig cap and the wig will stay.

cosign :yep:

I even find that the braids help my hair to stay on better. It's something for my bobi pins to stick into securely.

Chameleonchick

^^^ okay so you are still using bobby pins, that makes sense. I have only used bobby pins on half wigs.

BonBon

Still going with the challenge, however I do a baggy at night since I don't have enough money to buy another DC right now. I have the replenishing paks but they don't feel right sealed with oil for some reason so will have to hold out.

I straightened my hair yesterday so I can have a before pic and plan on doing no heat for a year (except my bang to blend with the wig). SO is on board and lecturing me about the rules LOL:rolleyes:

nzeee

Sigh! I want to do the low manipulation thing but im concerned all this fuzziness :hair: it might twist and tangle.

Is anyone else having this sort of trouble? What are u doing to combat it?

i totally feel you on this bklynLadee. as sheba1 said though, for the 4wks we have the braids in there's no reason to fret about tangles. especially if you continue to moisturize and since your hair is accessible there's less chance of it just matting up on you like might happen in a weave. i'll be wearing my hair out in single braids for a bit but because of my hairs love of freedom i know i can only get away with 4-5wks TOPs before i stop getting invited to meetings at work ;o)

KaramelDiva1978

I'm in, I'm in!! I have lots of wigs, but I am investing in lace fronts this weekend. I found two that I love on beautyofnewyork.com. This will be my first lace front, so I may be coming to you ladies for more input on how to do the lace so that it will be blend. I will be back in cornrows on Friday and hiding my hair until December. I'm really, really excited about seeing the growth. I still can't upload pictures so I'm going to change my avatar to show my starting length as of this weekend. HHG Everyone!!

KaramelDiva1978

My starting pic is now in my avatar since I still cannot upload any pictures.

What is your PS of choice? My natural hair will be in cornrows
Are you natural or relaxed? I am natural 4a/b
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Kimmaytube's leave in
What are you using to seal before braiding? JBCO or Blue Magic Coconut conditioning oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? water in a spray bottle
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? I will moisturize overnight with glycerin and water and seal with JBCO
How often will you wash? What method? What products? once a week with a water bottle of CON green label and amla
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Aphogee 3 minute every 4 weeks
What else might you add to reach your goals? I may add vitamins and megatek

babyt87

So i thought I replied to say I was in but obviously Im hullucinating :-S loool

What is your PS of choice? Half Wigs - Recently got my first one and I'm loving it! shoulda bought a couple more of the same style. I need to be brave and take out the combs but Im worried it will just fly off my head :nono:
Are you natural or relaxed? Relaxed. Last relaxer mid July.
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Still trying to decide. Im thinking some sort of conditioner (Tresseme) mixed with aloe vera, and wheat germ oil.
What are you using to seal before braiding? EVOO
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Still deciding... Maybe my braidspray??? I will get back to you :look:
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? I use my homemade braidspray every night, baggy and then seal in the morning before putting on my wig
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I will co wash every week with Tresseme, Aussie, VO5, Sauve etc
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Every time I take out my braids (hopefully every 6-8 weeks) I will use either my ORS Replenishing Packs or my ORS Hair Mayo or my egg and conditioner concoction.
What else might you add to reach your goals? Im currently in the sulphur challenge, I've ordered some MN to give me a boost, I am egg cocktailing daily. and whatever other bandwaggon I can jump on :look::grin:

Distorted Barbie

I'm in, I'm in!! I have lots of wigs, but I am investing in lace fronts this weekend. I found two that I love on beautyofnewyork.com. This will be my first lace front, so I may be coming to you ladies for more input on how to do the lace so that it will be blend. I will be back in cornrows on Friday and hiding my hair until December. I'm really, really excited about seeing the growth. I still can't upload pictures so I'm going to change my avatar to show my starting length as of this weekend. HHG Everyone!!

from Sheba1: To post a pic in your post you can right click the picture wherever it's online and select "copy image url". Then come to your post and click the little insert image button Paste the url that you just copied into the box and click "ok".
Originally Posted by Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I saved my pics to picasa.............i wish they would make embedding easier again!

luvmesumhair

Welcome, @Luvmesumhair! :wave:

I DMM before I put my braids in and seal the ends so my hair will retain moisture better throughout my time in braids. After that I either cowash and seal or moisturize and seal daily. Your hair will stay plenty moisturized if you do it this way, and you'll find that your head along with your moist hair under the wig will provide plenty of heat for a nice sort of steamy environment.

I DC on dry hair before cowash from time to time.
==================================================================
Hi Sheba. Thanks for answering. So basically I am going to start off like this...(pls correct me if I am wrong. I am hoping I understood you right.)

To Prepare for DMM Challenge:
First I am going to chelate/clarify my hair. Put in DC of choice and DC w/heat for 30 mins. Rinse out. Air dry w/ some leave-ins about 80/90% (hair does not like to be combed while wet). Detangle and section. Spray with my special spray to dampen. Add DC of choice. Seal then braid up.

To maintain until next wash:
Spray braids (I would probably get me some braid spray for this). Seal (got to figure out how to do that if in cornbraids(sp). Do I Just rub the oil on top of braids?) then baggy overnight. Next morning, throw on wig.

Washing and Conditioning (hair is still in braids)
Wet braids a little w/distilled water via a spray bottle. Put conditioner on top of braids. DC w/heat for 20/30 mins. Hop in shower, rinse, co-wash or wash w/poo. Hop out of shower. Pat braids dry with towel. Add MORE conditioner on braids real good. Add oil on top of that and baggy (do you think that would be to much baggying?) overnight. Put wig on in the morning.

Protein(Every six weeks)
Take braids down. Chelate. Put on Aphogee 2 step (follow instructions) Rinse. DC w/moisturizing conditioner w/heat. Leave DC on. Seal and etc.....

Is this right?

TIA!

Last edited:

ceecy29

Hey ladies!!! Any suggestions for a natural looking wig/lacefront close enough to 4b hair and reasonably priced? I'd really love to join in the retention fun. TIA!!!

luvmesumhair

Trying to post a starting pic. I am having problems. I don't see "copy image URL" when I right click the pic.

All I see is "copy image location" and this is what comes out. I see a pic for a brief moment but when I click "save changes", it turns to jibberish.:ohwell:

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Taking my braids out today and my wigs will be delivered this afternoon!!! :pulpdance: :woot:

smwrigh3

Still going with the challenge, however I do a baggy at night since I don't have enough money to buy another DC right now. I have the replenishing paks but they don't feel right sealed with oil for some reason so will have to hold out.

I straightened my hair yesterday so I can have a before pic and plan on doing no heat for a year (except my bang to blend with the wig). SO is on board and lecturing me about the rules LOL:rolleyes:

I think I am going to have to find a new DC as well.... I use ORS but my hair felt gummy yesterday as I was braiding up.. its was all sticky and gross like.. lol So I am going to see how my hair feels when I take these braids down... if I don't like it I am going to DC with ORS (I am not losing my staple) and washing it out and then adding a different conditioner like HE hello hydration to leave in (if that's not breaking the rules)

Aggie

I just finished moisturizing my hair with my mixture of TW protective mist bodifier and S-Curl Moisturizing Spray.

sheba1

Hey ladies!!! Any suggestions for a natural looking wig/lacefront close enough to 4b hair and reasonably priced? I'd really love to join in the retention fun. TIA!!!

Hrmmm I haven't seen one that comes to mind. What style would you like? I will definitely keep my eyes open.

Trying to post a starting pic. I am having problems. I don't see "copy image URL" when I right click the pic.

All I see is "copy image location" and this is what comes out. I see a pic for a brief moment but when I click "save changes", it turns to jibberish.:ohwell:

Hmmm, maybe the wig is behind a private wall? Like is it a place where you have to log in to access the photo? That might be causing the problem.

I read your game plan and it looks great! The only thing I do differently is that if I DC on dry hair, I hope in the shower to rinse it out and cowash and then seal only when I get out. I do not bother to DMM and seal because my hair is plenty moist from the DC and the cowash. Also when I put my wig on it gets all nice and steamy under there so it's like I get a steam treatment, to boot!

There is no right or wrong. Just do what you feel and you will get beautiful results. :yep:

Taking my braids out today and my wigs will be delivered this afternoon!!! :pulpdance: :woot:

Woot woot!! Get it Nikki girl!

I think I am going to have to find a new DC as well.... I use ORS but my hair felt gummy yesterday as I was braiding up.. its was all sticky and gross like.. lol So I am going to see how my hair feels when I take these braids down... if I don't like it I am going to DC with ORS (I am not losing my staple) and washing it out and then adding a different conditioner like HE hello hydration to leave in (if that's not breaking the rules)

Yeah, LadyP mentioned that she didn't care for sealing in the ORS, also. Maybe something that's really moisture rich. As I understand ORS has a bit of protein? I love sealing in the Sally's GVC matrix biolage conditioning balm knock off into my hair before braids. Just yummy :lick:

I just finished moisturizing my hair with my mixture of TW protective mist bodifier and S-Curl Moisturizing Spray.

Oooh sounds nice!!

NikkiQ

I have a serious case of the fluffy hair right now lol