I Am Cutting All My Hair Off

saratess

Since my salon tragedy a couple of months ago I have tried everything under the sun to help my split ends; however, they are all the way up the hair shaft and my hair constantly sheds. So on Friday, I will be getting it cut to about 1.5" in length the most with the back shaved. I will be starting fresh with a relaxer. I hate to do it but I have not choice. I also tried cutting it right below my ear but there is no hope. I will post pics.

baglady215

I admire you too. It'll be great to start with fresh head of hair, with all you have learned here. You're hair will be so healthy!!!

ichephren

Hmmm, your hair looks good from where I'm sitting. Are you sure that you need such a drastic cut...remember when it's gone, it'll take forever to get back to the same length, and even foreverrer to get to your end goal. In my opinion, splits are not that big of a deal. If your hair still looks good regardless, then maybe you just need a series of trims as opposed to one large cut. If you're taking care of your hair in the meantime, I don't think the ends will get any worse. My 2 cents :)

HoneyDew

I just got my hair cut, as well. I did not shave any down, but I did cut about 1.5 inches of rough ends off so that I can start over.

Good luck with your new hair cut.

Estee

Why not forego the relaxer and start off natural for awhile? It'll grow back stronger before you do your next chemical service. Just my $0.02.

amorette

your hair in your march picture looks healthy. What happened since then that is causing it to break and shed, and maybe before you go for the big cut you can try something else...what have you done?

so1913

Remember it's hair and it grows! Do what you feel you need to. I've cut all my hair off before into a cropped cut shaved in back (pics in my album), not because of damage, but out of boredom, lol. The grow out was actually fun because I got to try so many styles, cuts, and shapes as the length grew out. If you take care of it, it will grow back strong and healthy and will be worth it.

saratess

Thanks ladies for the advice.

I have tried the bob cut, aphogee, deep conditioning every week and it has been almost two months and I can hardly style my hair without hairs flying all over the place. I have place new pic in the album of the damage. And one below. By the way the March pic in my siggie is the week after my frightening salon visit. It has gotten worse since.

P.S. Blu that cut is fierce. I might try it.

Attachments

• lt2.JPG
    lt2.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 10