I Can’t Believe I Did The “Medium Chop” (From BSL to Below SL … Pics Inside)

Cien

Pink is my signature color
Your hair looks great!!!!! very pretty and healthy!! :grin:

Your pics are inspiring me to go ahead and get about 3 inches of my scraggly ends cut off........

Maynard

Thanks so much to all of you for the compliments, ladies. I genuinely appreciate the kind words. I'm going to have to make sure I treat my hair like fine lace for the next few months now trying to grow this back out.

Smitge: I had a stylist named Terry. She's only been with the shop since May of this year, but she's been doing hair for 11 years. Although she did a great job on the cut, she burned me quite a few times with the flat iron. When I complained to her, she was really nonchalant about it saying "it happens sometimes". Yeah, but I'm gonna need you to NOT set my scalp on fire, mkay? Plus, her detangling method left much to be desired. Homegirl was raking through my hair with a shampoo brush. Ummmmm ... noooooooooo.

Tishee: I normally go to Balisi, but I just wanted to try the salon because my friend kept raving about how great they are. Seriously ... I think Balisi is better and her prices are more reasonable to boot. I don't think I'll try Too Groovy again, but you might have a better experience.

Well then that confirms it! Too Groovy and I simply weren't meant to be! I have been to Balisi and I love her. I aint gonna cheat on her :sekret:
:lachen:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Maaaaaaaan ... once again, I just wanna thank everyone for the positive feedback. It's a big adjustment for me, but you ladies are really making me smile. :grin:

Just like several ladies have already mentioned (Diya, Ineedhair and Oshuncurls), the cut does make it feel like a whole new head of hair. Getting even a small trim can make your hair look worlds different. Sometimes, ya just gotta let go of the scragglies.

As a matter of fact, if you look at my June 2007 picture, you can see how different it looks from the May picture (I got a 2-inch trim in the June photo). I had people PMing me asking me how I thickened it up in one month. Truth is, that little cut made it look thicker (well actually that and no heat and a color rinse). I have to remember that the next time I'm reluctant to trim.

Thanks again!!!

Last edited:

TaraDyan

Thank you, XXtacy and LadyEsquire.

:wave: Hey Too Groovy sister!!! Your hair looks great!!!! They always do a great job to my hair!!

Whip, I should have known you go to them, as nice as your hair looks (it looks like it has been "Too Groovied"). Maaaaaan ... they blow the kinks out like the Dominicans, don't they?

ChocalateDiva

It looks very nice. BUT- I still wish that we could figure out a way to transplant all dat hair you cut onto my head!:ohwell:

TaraDyan

It looks very nice. BUT- I still wish that we could figure out a way to transplant all dat hair you cut onto my head!:ohwell:

:lachen:Thank you. There was so much hair on the floor, I could have swept it, put it in a Ziploc bag and mailed it to you.

Iansan

Your hair looks great. I did a medium chop from almost waist length to an inch above brastrap in April. My hair is back to midback now and healthier than ever. Your hair will grow back in no time and look even better than before.

TaraDyan

Your hair looks great. I did a medium chop from almost waist length to an inch above brastrap in April. My hair is back to midback now and healthier than ever. Your hair will grow back in no time and look even better than before.

Wow!! Thank so much for posting that personal example. You've given me some hope.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
YOUR HAIR IS AMAZING!!! :notworthy:

Great decision to trim. It looks lively and healthy. The shine is incredibly. :clapping:

Now watch the growth take off once again! :dance7::yay:

kittenz

You're hair is looking good girl!! :yep: It looks so much fuller now and the style is very cute. Just wait it'll all be back in no time and it'll be all natural.:yep::grin:

TaraDyan

Thanks, Serenity, Caligirl and Kittenz.

You're hair is looking good girl!! :yep: It looks so much fuller now and the style is very cute. Just wait it'll all be back in no time and it'll be all natural.:yep::grin:

I know. I was sitting here thinking that I'll just have to go through this kind of cut again because I'm STILL not fully natural yet. :sad:

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I love your siggy. I just went from almost APL TO SL. Your hair will be thicker and longer in no time. BTW your hair is gorgeous.

zzirvingj

It looks very nice. You have some beautiful hair! Last time I went to the salon I went to Too Groovy and Akelah did my hair. I plan to go again in a couple of months for an "end of the year press" :grin:

You have some beautifully shiny hair there, girl!

TaraDyan

I love your siggy. I just went from almost APL TO SL. Your hair will be thicker and longer in no time. BTW your hair is gorgeous.

Thank you. Why did you have to cut your hair to SL?

I love it!:grin: And it's still a really nice length. How long have you been transitioning?

I've been transitioning for 6 months. I have anywhere from 3 to 5 inches of new growth, depending on where you measure it on my head.

It looks very nice. You have some beautiful hair! Last time I went to the salon I went to Too Groovy and Akelah did my hair. I plan to go again in a couple of months for an "end of the year press" :grin: You have some beautifully shiny hair there, girl!

This was my first Too Groovy experience and they were good, but they're a little pricey. I went to the one on Ponce de Leon, but I heard there was one in Buckhead. Which one do you go to?

By the way: I absolutely LOVE your hair and I stalk your fotki on the regular. I love your thickness, the fact that you're fully natural ... everything!

glam-

Wow! Looks gorgeous- so full, healthy & lush! Enjoy the new look and you'll be back to your old length in no time.