I did Aphogee, it worked but now I'm seeing broken hairs again!!!Freak or not?

*ElleB

And let me add that I did the APhogee two weeks ago.

After the treatment I would comb my hair and get NO HAIRS in the comb! But then closer to a week later I would see broken hairs all over my shirt again, and getting more hair in the comb, and all in the sink!
BTW, I comb my hair to wrap it and unwrap it, and that is when it is manipulated the most, and then I simply part it to moisturize!

What is going with this head of mine??

Which aphogee?? I hope it wasn't the heavy-duty one. If it was, your hair has too much protein! The hardcore aphogee should only be used every 6-8 weeks...

*ElleB said:
And let me add that I did the APhogee two weeks ago.

After the treatment I would comb my hair and get NO HAIRS in the comb! But then closer to a week later I would see broken hairs all over my shirt again, and getting more hair in the comb, and all in the sink!
BTW, I comb my hair to wrap it and unwrap it, and that is when it is manipulated the most, and then I simply part it to moisturize!

What is going with this head of mine??

That was my first and ONLY time using it...And my hair was in bad condition...Breaking with like a COMB full of Hair when I just ran a comb thru it once... Now, the little hair I get isn't nearly as much, but it is bothering me....So, I don't think too much protein is the problem...

I honestly think this maybe my problem this very second. May have been too much protein. Someone suggested that I just use moisture to balance my moisture Levels. I am going to wash, acv rinse, and deep condition.

MizaniMami said:
I honestly think this maybe my problem this very second. May have been too much protein. Someone suggested that I just use moisture to balance my moisture Levels. I am going to wash, acv rinse, and deep condition.

Wow, if that is the case then that Aphogee is some crazy stuff! I use it once and it's overload?? Wow, I mean I know that my hair ALSO has a lot of work to be done to it further...It was very damaged...

Maybe the conditioners that we followed up with were't moisturizing enough. I don't know but if it is moisture we will see tonight because tonight is my wash night.

hi elleb-

did u follow up with their moisture balancing conditioner?im about to do my first aphogee treatment this weekend.i bought the shampoo,the treatment,and the moisture balance conditioner cuz it recommended that u follow up with their moisture balance conditioner.

To atrinibeauty and MizaniMami

Yes, I followed with their Balancing Moisturizer, which I felt did my hair good....(at least i thought) AND I used my NTM Deep Recovery Mask...

*ElleB said:
To atrinibeauty and MizaniMami

Yes, I followed with their Balancing Moisturizer, which I felt did my hair good....(at least i thought) AND I used my NTM Deep Recovery Mask...

personally I hate the moisture balance conditioner provided or reccommended for the aphogee treatment. It's simply not moisturizing enough. Try something like ORS's Moisture Replenishing Pak, this provides very light protein and ample amounts of moisture! You can also try Elasta's DPR-11 which is very moisturizing, since you've used the Aphogeee, hold off on using any heavy proteins stick to moisturizing conditioners.

Alli77 said:
personally I hate the moisture balance conditioner provided or reccommended for the aphogee treatment. It's simply not moisturizing enough. Try something like ORS's Moisture Replenishing Pak, this provides very light protein and ample amounts of moisture! You can also try Elasta's DPR-11 which is very moisturizing, since you've used the Aphogeee, hold off on using any heavy proteins stick to moisturizing conditioners.

Thanks I will...I've been slacking on taking care of the hair for the last two weeks....Well, as in washing and deep conditioning...I have been moisturizing and wrapping it...Maybe it's the wrapping?

*ElleB said:
Thanks I will...I've been slacking on taking care of the hair for the last two weeks....Well, as in washing and deep conditioning...I have been moisturizing and wrapping it...Maybe it's the wrapping?

It could be the wrapping. But living in the cold NYC area it's so easy to slack during the winters! My original regime for this year has been altered because of this blasted weather! You can slap on some conditioner at night and wash the following morning, that way you get your deep treatments in. Plus being that it's so FRIGID and WINDY out you MUST keep your ends protected (buns, baggie technique, braids, twists etc...).

Back