I did it

DazzlingD

Ok ladies I did my hair w/out the hairdresser for the first time. And I owe you guys a lot of THANK YOUs for helping me get her. Yesterday I washed my hair and did a braid out. It looks really cute and feels so soft. I washed with Aphogee's Evening Primrose Shampoo. But before that I did a hot oil treatment with castor. I let it sit in my hair for about 30-45 minutes. Then I washed it. I deep conditioned with ORS Hair Mayonase. Followed by a moisturizing conditioner. I used Humectress by Nexxus. I then towel tried my hair and put a little bit of humectress in it and put a lot of curl activator. My sister cornrowed it for me. I then sat under the dryer for 20 minutes to dry my hair a little bit. Then I let the rest air dry. I am so proud and happy of the way it turned out. It looks so soft and healthy. Thank you ladies for helping me. You truly are my hair goddesses /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

Integrity

Feels good doesn't it?? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Most stylists would have you think haircare is rocket science to keep you in bondage but it is actally pretty simple. Congratulations!!!

Armyqt

That's great DazzlingD. It's great to be independent when it comes to doing your own hair and taking care of it yourself. Keep up those hot oil treatments. They do work wonders. Congratluations!

pebbles

Hi DazzlingD,

Congratulations! /images/graemlins/clap.gif I'm glad it turned it well for you. I see that you like the ORS and Humectress. I love the ORS and I use the Humectress a lot as a hairdress and it works well for me also. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daviine

Congratulations!!!

You're so lucky to have your sister to cornrow your hair. Those make for the best braidouts.

I can't really cornrow well, and it's tiring to try to do on yourself so I get lazy and make plaits. The top sometimes isn't "braided out" and then doen't match the braided out hair whenever I get lazy.

I'm glad it worked out for you. So is your sister as obsessed, I mean dedicated to hair as you are? Or does she not know yet about your dedication?

AZJeepgurl

That's great news, DazzlingD!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Keep up the good work and you'll save tons of money!

AZ /images/graemlins/wink.gif

LondonDiva

You only e-mailed me the other day asking for hair advice, before I gave you the URL for this board /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I didn't realise in such a short space of time you'd be hooking up heavy hairstyles.

You see you're there already.

You go girl!

Lita

Good for you /images/graemlins/smile.gif.Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

elliot

DazzlingD-
Now you can use the money you would have given the hairdresser to buy more wonderful products! (Or in my case, to buy more lotto tickets /images/graemlins/mad.gif) CONGRATS
/images/graemlins/drunk.gif
Elliot

chyna

Congrats to you...I have been contemplating doing a twist/out myself. Perhaps I will give it a try! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

DazzlingD

Thanks for the congrats everyone. Its been a week now and my hair is dying to be washed and the braid out is looking tired. As a matter of fact I had to cover it with a head wrap because it looked so bad. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Hey can anyone tell me where I can find a good seamless comb. I know I am not supposed to comb my hair but I can't just drop a habit like that so easily./images/graemlins/nono.gif These things take time. So I figured if I am going to use a comb it should be the right one. Also can anyone suggest a brush, but please not the $94 brush. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif