I GOTTA TESTIFY! I finally found a staple conditioner...well, sort of!

pink219

Well, I still haven't found a single conditioner that works for my extra dry 4b hair. However, I have stumbled upon something that works for ME!!!
Who knew if you mix nexus humectress (the generic version from Sally's at least) and Aphogee 2 min reconstructer together I would get soft hair. I'm trying to keep my fingers out my hair as I type this!

The humectress alone did NOTHING for my hair, but I didn't want to toss it because that's wasted money. Aphogee 2 min. typically has my hair feeling the same as before I put it on... dry. Then I got a master idea...

I washed my hair with conditioner, then I applied the humectress and combed it through my hair and then the Aphogee, and I left it on for about 35 minutes and then rinsed out. I then sprayed the Aphogee provitamin leave in and a drop or two of castor oil on my hair and let it air dry in braids, and while my hair doesn't look like much, it is the softest it has been in a while...typically when I airdry my hair is not really soft.

It's OFFICAL I have just found my staple conditioner for the rest of my hair life (I feel that strong about it). Who knew these two conditioners would work so well together... I know I didn't!

Just thought I'd put this out there. Anyone else feeling experimental!

shinyblackhair

I might try this too. The Humectress raves had me scratching my head like what so good about this stuff...and that was on my thick relaxed hair, I know it would do nothing on my natural...I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Aphogee 2 min on my relaxed hair and def have to pick it up...I think your mixing of the two sounds like a FAB idea OP...I'm going to try it. Sounds like a good way to boost the Humectress.

Thanks for sharing.

Angel of the North

I mix either aphogee 2 min or nexxus keraphix with nexxus humectress (old cone free formulas) usually when I'm pushed for time and can't do 30mins of protein DC followed up with 30 mins of moisture and I LOVE THE RESULTS!!!! So I feel you girl

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Your getting protein and moisture in one DC, good job.
I will try this Tuesday, considering I have both products....

30something

That is nice that you found your stable conditioner.. sounds like a time saver too.

I mixed Silicon Mix and Aphogee 2 mins left it in for 30 with heat 5 mins cool yesterday and results were really good. I have Humectress old and new formula I have to try this next.

JJamiah

girl they are a great combo,

I am so happy for you that it works for your hair.

I have used Aphogee 2 minute & Nexxus Humectress

Then I became the mixologist

Aphogee 2 minute Nexxus Humectress & Silk Elements Megasilk

Then I just nixed the humectress and my staples are

Aphogee 2 minute & Silk Elements Megasilk (Olive oil or creme container)

Silky smooth every time!

Have you tried the humectress under the saran wrap 20 minutes under the dryer! Heaven!!!!

JJamiah

Your getting protein and moisture in one DC, good job.
I will try this Tuesday, considering I have both products....

This is what keeps my hair in great conditioner I do both weekly. Aphogee 2 minute and Silk elements Megasilk Moisture.

I didn't this week and I am TERRIFIED, I tried another protein same moisture :perplexed