I did it and I'm proud of myself..

lennet93

I know this may not sound like a big deal to most but for me it is, today I actually washed my own hair. I usually dont wash my own hair, I always go to the salon twice a week for a wash and rollerset but today I said what the heck and washed and conditioned my hair. I'm happy because when I used to do my own hair it always felt dry and brittle afterwards but not today it feels so soft and it actually feels thicker. Here's what I did I pre poo'd with suave herbal care conditoner and black castor oil, I mixed the two together and saturated my hair with it and put on a conditioning cap for about an hour. When I rinsed it out my hair felt so soft, then I shampooed with NTM and conditioned with Doo gro mega thick anti thinning conditioner( which I love). I sprayed some dove moisture mist on it let air dry a little then I used NTM silk touch, sealed with vatika oil and put my hair in two braids to air dry until it was about 75% dry. I took the braids out and let air dry completely. I think I can get used to this...now all I need to do is find an alternative to rollersetting because I cant rollerset to save my life..:)

gymfreak336

bkgirl0816 said:
I know this may not sound like a big deal to most but for me it is, today I actually washed my own hair. I usually dont wash my own hair, I always go to the salon twice a week for a wash and rollerset but today I said what the heck and washed and conditioned my hair. I'm happy because when I used to do my own hair it always felt dry and brittle afterwards but not today it feels so soft and it actually feels thicker. Here's what I did I pre poo'd with suave herbal care conditoner and black castor oil, I mixed the two together and saturated my hair with it and put on a conditioning cap for about an hour. When I rinsed it out my hair felt so soft, then I shampooed with NTM and conditioned with Doo gro mega thick anti thinning conditioner( which I love). I sprayed some dove moisture mist on it let air dry a little then I used NTM silk touch, sealed with vatika oil and put my hair in two braids to air dry until it was about 75% dry. I took the braids out and let air dry completely. I think I can get used to this...now all I need to do is find an alternative to rollersetting because I cant rollerset to save my life..:)

Congrads!!!!

Its all about baby steps. I know when I was starting out, imagining life with my curling iron seemed impossible. But now its rare if I bring it out once a month. As far as rollersetting goes, it gets better. Trust me. Try using the snap covered rollers first because it lets you concentrate on learning placement first. Then as you progress, leave the snap covers off and use a couple of clips. By gradually weening myself off of the covers, I was able to finally learn how to rollerset. Do some board searches and look in some photo albums for pictures of sets. That will help give you an image to keep in the back of your head as you learn. I know I printed out a couple of pics and instructions and taped them to my mirror as I worked. Good luck lady

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
Congratulations, I remember when I first washed my own hair. I wouldn't give up on the rollersets though I'm finally getting mine to come out good, it just takes a little practice.

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
Congrats! I just did the same about a month ago. :lol: I was so proud, I had never washed my own hair successfully either.

I'm not giving up on roller sets!

Divine Inspiration

Congrats!!

That IS a big deal. Do you know how many women don't even have shampoo/conditioner at home because they do NOT wash their on hair? It's a huge deal that you tried and that you liked it.

I had a similar experience when I started my haircare journey. I was so amazed and impressed that I could wash my hair whenever I wanted! It was very exciting for me. :lol:

Enjoy your new found freedom. Rollersetting, from my experience, just takes practice. ;)

HHG!
{DI}