Natural Ladies!!! I Found the Cure for Frizz...

loverofnaps71

...and shrinkage!! Ladies, many of you know that I've spent two years as a natural looking for a product that will keep my curl definition, reduce shrinkage and provide shine. Well, ladies, I've finally found the cure! And the price is right, too!

This product also helps to keep curl definition and is NOT sticky and doesn't cause flaking, filming and hardness. I can't believe how beautiful, curly and shiny my hair is!

This stuff is terrific. Here's a description as well:

Fx Curl Booster Fixative Gel

A high-performance, hard-bodied styling gel formulated especially for naturally curly, wavy or permed hair. It instantly revitalizes dull, lifeless, frizzy curls by infusing vitamins, proteins & silicones, giving your curls greater definition, bounce and shine.

I purchased from Target for $3.99. Probably can get it cheaper at Rite-Aid or Walmart.

H

honey_jammz82

Wow, thanks for posting, I am trying to curb my pj-ism, but for that price I will give it a try!

Shatani

Re: Natural Ladies!!! I Found the Cure for Frizz..

okay, where can i get it, how much is it, and how do i use it??
~T~

loverofnaps71

After daily conditioning, I added a leave-in [I'm back to using Paul Mitchell's "The Conditioner"]. Then, I put about a quarter of the gel in the palm of my hand and spread throughout my hair. That's it!

I spent about $3.99 at Target for it. You could possibly get it for less at Walmart. My hair is soft still since this morning...

Good luck ladies!

Bklynqueen

I just started using this for my 2-strand twist style- it's great!

kitten73

I see you live in BK, I am in the Bronx. Where did you find yours? I would like to try this on my daughter's hair.

Carlie

Wow, let me print this out. I have 2 sisters who are natural and I'm sure would love to hear about this!!!
Thanks!

FrizzMizz

Could you list the ingredients, loverofnaps? Are the cones the first few ingredients? I'm pretty leery of gels!!

alibi

hair bored

Yeah, thanks LON! I will definitely give this a try!

loverofnaps71

[ QUOTE ]
FrizzMizz said:

Could you list the ingredients, loverofnaps? Are the cones the first few ingredients? I'm pretty leery of gels!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the ingredients. I don't think the cones are first, but there is some "ols." Not all ingredients ending in "ol" is bad. I also think it's wise to use a leave-in and/or loose oil first, THEN use the gel. I hate gels, too, but I think this is more like a serum than a gel. My hair has been soft all day long...

Good luck!

loverofnaps71

[ QUOTE ]
Bklynqueen said:
I just started using this for my 2-strand twist style- it's great!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a terrific idea. Perhaps I'll incorporate this product along with my avocado butter for my twist-outs! Thanks for the idea!

loverofnaps71

Oops...forgot to paste the ingredients:
FX Special Effects
Curl Booster Fixative Gel

8.0 oz.
Price/Unit: $0.75/oz.
Price: $5.99

Quantity:

Instantly tightens limp lifeless locks.
All day curls.
Curl Booster Fixative Gel is a high performance, hard bodied, styling gel formulated especially for naturally curly, wavy or permed hair.
It instantly revitalizes dull, lifeless, frizzy curls by infusing vitamins, proteins & silicones, giving your curls greater definition, bounce and shine.

Instructions
To Use: After shampooing, distribute evenly through damp hair. Scrunch hair with hands and let dry naturally or style as usual.

Ingredients
Propylene Glycol , Cyclomethicone , Dimethiconol , Cyclomethicone , PVP , VA Copolymer , PVM , MA Copolymer , Vitamin E , Keratin Protein , Phenyl Trimethicone , Silk Protein , Hexylene Glycol , Polyacrylamide , C13-14 Isoparaffin , Laureth-7 , Purified Water Aqua , Chamomile Extract , Fragrance Parfum
Avoid contact with eyes. Rinse thoroughly with water if this occurs. Keep out of reach of small children.

auntybe

I also brought some to use this weekend. I guess I'll go back to the store.

sunflower

I've seen this before and always wondered if it was a good product. Well it is on my weekend to buy list.

loverofnaps71

Good luck. I see that it does in fact have cones in it, as well as "ol" ingredients. I haven't had any problems with my hair, but if you think you're going to be sensitive to these ingredients, then I wouldn't advise you use it. I think adding oil prior to application is helping because my hair is still quite soft and shiny...

loverofnaps71

I'll definitely keep ya'll informed of my progress. Oh, and I found it at K-Mart for $2.99!!!! For that price, definitely worth a try...

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I am soooooooooo mad. I started to buy this from Meijers yesterday and bypassed it because I'm trying to curb my PJism. *sigh* ::sneaking back to Meijer::

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!

....must...fight....PJs....urge....getting...stronger...

loverofnaps71

[ QUOTE ]
PittGirl06 said:
....must...fight....PJs....urge....getting...stronger...

[/ QUOTE ]