I dumped my stylist!

Sorry so long but it had to be said. I had an appointment today to get my hair washed. I had decided that today would be my last appointment with her but hadn't told her yet. I've been going to her for about five years. She's a nice person so I felt bad. I told her that I am going to go natural and I will do my hair myself. I wish I would have done this sooner. I had a time for 11 am and I didn't get out of there til 1:30! I got it washed and flatironed but she had me and 2-3 others at the same time.:wallbash: This is normal for her. Why did I ever put up with this? I am so glad and thankful that I found this site. I learned that I can take care of my own hair and do a better job at it. I am more gentle with my hair and I like my rollersets better. Besides I knew that if I would continue to transition I would have to BC because she can be rough when she washes and combs my hair. She didn't use a heat protectant and she sprayed oil sheen on it while she flatironed it!:nono: She uses the Marcel iorns which I hate. I gained length and health since I joined LHCF. Thanks so much for the information, tips and support. On a side note: while I was there a mom brought in her daughter who was 12 or so for a touchup. Another sylist was saying she did't need it yet because she didn't have much new growth. Mom insisted that it had been four weeks so she gave her one. The poor child said it was burning and she wasn't even close to being done. She told the child to stop complaining and take it for as long as she could.:sad:

OMG.... poor kid I bet she had sores in her head. That's terrible. But Congrats to you on your move to be it DIY-er!

Sorry so long but it had to be said. I had an appointment today to get my hair washed. I had decided that today would be my last appointment with her but hadn't told her yet. I've been going to her for about five years. She's a nice person so I felt bad. I told her that I am going to go natural and I will do my hair myself. I wish I would have done this sooner. I had a time for 11 am and I didn't get out of there til 1:30! I got it washed and flatironed but she had me and 2-3 others at the same time.:wallbash: This is normal for her. Why did I ever put up with this? I am so glad and thankful that I found this site. I learned that I can take care of my own hair and do a better job at it. I am more gentle with my hair and I like my rollersets better. Besides I knew that if I would continue to transition I would have to BC because she can be rough when she washes and combs my hair. She didn't use a heat protectant and she sprayed oil sheen on it while she flatironed it!:nono: She uses the Marcel iorns which I hate. I gained length and health since I joined LHCF. Thanks so much for the information, tips and support. On a side note: while I was there a mom brought in her daughter who was 12 or so for a touchup. Another sylist was saying she did't need it yet because she didn't have much new growth. Mom insisted that it had been four weeks so she gave her one. The poor child said it was burning and she wasn't even close to being done. She told the child to stop complaining and take it for as long as she could.:sad:
i thought the bolded was a normal period of time to spend in a salon. every salon i've been to had me in there this amount of time except the dominicans.

I got a touch up, rollerset, trim and style and was out in that time and my beautician was working on about 3-4 of us. She's GREAT!

But does she own any heat protectant? I would've asked. Good thing you'll be taking care of your hair yourself. For the longest I neglected my hair until I found the hair boards, then I found my beautician about 2 years ago. I've still been slipping in between, but she's the best I've ever had. Good Luck Shea!

THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME 2 WEEKS AGO.

KUDOS TO YOU!!! i too, dumped my stylist that day!!!!

Back