Why did I even try to go to a stylist?!

sareca

I left home at 5AM to go to my braiding appointment. The appointment was at her house, 40 miles from mine. Anyway, I called because I'd gotten lost and she says "Your appointment was yesterday." I was like What? I vividly remember her calling and changing my appointment time. I guess she wrote down Sat anyway. So I asked her "why didn't you call?" She said "oh I usually don't call." :eek: She doesn't call to confirm and she doesn't call when the appointment is late or missing. What kind of business is she running? :mad:

I was so upset. I'd been looking forward to this appointment for months! But this wasn't our only incident. My first appointment I went to her house and she'd moved. :mad: She was like "Oh, I TOLD YOU I was moving." Like it was my fault! I said "Yeah but you didn't tell me TODAY." Long story short (I know too late) I came home, braided my own hair (it took 8 hours) and I love it. Not to mention my $160 is still in my pocket. :grin: I won't be going back. :nono:

Last edited:

Catina72

You grow girl!! You BRAIDED your own hair:eek: :notworthy I know thats right!! Lets see pictures now.....

sareca

That's it. I braided it w/ kinky twist hair and curled the ends.

ekomba

sareca said:
That's it. I braided it w/ kinky twist hair and curled the ends.

wow u did a good job Sareca i cant even braid lol :grin: that looks nice it came out great! and the money is still in u pocket girlfriend:cool: :grin: :lol:

imani97

You did a great job! You really don't need to deal w/ her anymore especially since you can do as good a job if not better. :)

sareca

Thanks ya'll. :blush: They look better when pros braid 'em, but at least they aren't too tight or too small when I do it myself. :)

neonbright

I want to do my daughters hair that way, the lady that used to do her hair has moved to Louisiana. Man I am thinking about do it myself...

kitchen_tician

Sorry about your experience. But your braids are 'bangin!!! :up: You did an excellent job. I want some braids JUST LIKE THIS!!! So pretty. Girl, you are an LHCF Hair Soldier. :knight:

I wish it was possible for you to "coincidentally" bump into to her at the store. :driver: Then she'd be sooo shocked :eek: to see that you did them yourself. I'm sure she'd be critical, but that's what hatas' do. :p

Last edited:

sareca

Ya'll are so sweet. :kiss: I feel so much better now. :bouncegre Think I'mma go buy myself something pretty w/ my extra cash. :woot:

Tee

sareca said:
Ya'll are so sweet. :kiss: I feel so much better now. :bouncegre Think I'mma go buy myself something pretty w/ my extra cash. :woot:

Yeah, get online and get to shopping. You know you and the Mailman and UPS man are like distant cousins now!! You deserve to order something.

MizaniMami

Sareca, you need to have people paying YOU to do them braids. Girl you got mass skills!!! They look so pretty!!!

goldensensation

sareca said:
Thanks ya'll. :blush: They look better when pros braid 'em, but at least they aren't too tight or too small when I do it myself. :)

They look great, and I totally agree with you! Why give your money away to someone who will make your braids way too tight. ;)

plainj

Good for you, sareca! Sounds like she won't be in business too long if that's how she treats her customers. Your braids look GREAT. You sure don't need her anymore.

nicki6

WOW!!:eek:
You did an AWESOME job!!:up: If you're in Houston, you can DEF get my business if you are so inclined:sekret:

MissYocairis

sareca said:
I left home at 5AM to go to my braiding appointment. The appointment was at her house, 40 miles from mine. Anyway, I called because I'd gotten lost and she says "Your appointment was yesterday." I was like What? I vividly remember her calling and changing my appointment time. I guess she wrote down Sat anyway. So I asked her "why didn't you call?" She said "oh I usually don't call." :eek: She doesn't call to confirm and she doesn't call when the appointment is late or missing. What kind of business is she running? :mad:

I was so upset. I'd been looking forward to this appointment for months! But this wasn't our only incident. My first appointment I went to her house and she'd moved. :mad: She was like "Oh, I TOLD YOU I was moving." Like it was my fault! I said "Yeah but you didn't tell me TODAY." Long story short (I know too late) I came home, braided my own hair (it took 8 hours) and I love it. Not to mention my $160 is still in my pocket. :grin: I won't be going back. :nono:

She sounds like a lazy, inconsiderate liar to me who takes her clients for granted. How classic to pretend "she told you" or "your appt was yesterday". That's BS. Her lazy arse probably did not feel like braiding that day and coped out on you and made it seem like your fault. She's a swindler. I would never go to her again! :mad: