I experienced massive hair fall....

diamoness

My hair has been coming out in big clumps from the scalp for about 2 months now. Being that my hair sheds alot during the winter, I didn't think I should have been concerned. But, after an emergency visit to my doctor for severe abdominal, lower back and leg pains, he informed me that I had had a miscarriage and the fetus hadn't "passed" we calculated it must have occured 4 to 6 weeks ago. I was probably 6-8 weeks pregnant and didn't even know it. Just when I think things can't get any worse,upon doing an ultrasound, they also discovered a tumor in my uterus. Next thing you know they'll be tellin me it's cancerous. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Anyway, I washed my hair today and that beautiful thick hair you see in my signature IS no more. There is no other alternative, it must be cut!!!! Are there any websites that have cute short hairstyles of black women cuz I can't find any. Any and all responses are appreciated, Thanks!!!

pebbles

My goodness Diamoness! I'm so sorry to hear this. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I will definately keep you in my prayers. I don't know of any websites with short hair styles, but I'm sure some of the other ladies may know of some.

Take care of yourself.

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Hidiamoness,
I don't know of any websites but I wanted to give you a hug and loan you my guardian angel in your time of trial. Take heart, hard times don't last, tough people do.
It is well in Jesus Name, Amen

leejure

I am so sorry to hear that! /images/graemlins/frown.gif i will pray for you and your health. Your hair will grow back, believe that. Concentrate of getting better and everything else will follow.

Take Care!

-lee

Armyqt

Diamoness, sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I know that is probably very hard on you, not to mention the tumor. Let us speak victory over this. This tumor will not be cancerous. Speak it into reality. You have my 100% support. You are in my prayers.

Sorry I don't have any links to nice haircuts, but I love the pixie cut that Halle Berry sports. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you! Don't you even think about cancer. Don't let those thoughts get into your head. You are healed.

I don't know of any short hairstyle sites, but there is a magazine targeted at white women named Short Hair or Celebrity Short Hair or something like that. I always took photos from this magazine to the hairdresser when I was wearing my hair real short. Monica and T-Boz always have cute short styles. Maybe you can find some photos of them.

You are in my prayers.

honeycomb719

I'm sorry to here about your lost and other health problem /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Just pray about it. Your beautiful hair will return.
Remember stay in pray /images/graemlins/wink.gif

JenJen2721

Diamoness,
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your baby. You are in my prayers. Pray and believe and you will have your health again.

I also second the Halle Berry hair thing. Her hair is beautiful!

LondonDiva

diamoness you are in my prayers. I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this right now. Let go and let God girly. It works everytime. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

OneShinyface

I pray that you merely have a fibroid tumor, which is something very benign -- I had several. And I'm sure your hair will grow back. The loss is from the sudden hormone changes. Maybe you don't have to cut it. I've lost a lot of my hair and I refuse to cut it. I'm wearing it in a bun until what was lost grows back.

Praying your health issue turns out for the best...
OneShinyface

Camille

Amen to that ! Girl don't be calling down any negative words on your body and your psyche right now. I'm sure your family is there for you and in addition, you have over a hundred women right here who love you and will see you through this.

VALLEYGIRL

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The loss is from the sudden hormone changes. Maybe you don't have to cut it

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Oneshinyface maybe you don't have to cut it.
You are in my prayers and my thoughts as well. Now is not the time to be neagtive believe you are well and you will be. Now is the time to have mountain-moving FAITH!!!!

Try not to stress about your hair along with everything else that is going on. Try to keep you hands out of it and manipulate it as little as possible.

You will be fine!!!!

Valleygirl

Nikki

Hi Diamondness,
I am very sorry to hear what your going through, You will definitley be in my prayers..As far as your hair is concerned the Halle Berry cut is a good idea...Go to your main page (msn or yahoo) and put in a search "Halle Berry photos" and a whole bunch of sites will pop up.Print and bring to your stylist... Diamondness i know you're going through a hard time right now but the main thing you can do right now is to try to stay stress free.. extra bubble baths, do more relaxing things, meditate, read the Bible, he is always listening to us, he may not always be there when we want him but he is always on time, and also remember too, from this point on to only put healthy nutritous things into your system.. Stay strong.. we are all here if you need someone to talk to...

Julia

Diamoness,

May God's abundant Grace and Peace be with you at this time. I am truly sorry to hear about what has happened to you. However, there is always a calm after every storm. There are so many people that are praying for you - even if you cannot pray right now we all are interceeding in prayer on your behalf.

God Bless you, Much Love

Islandgirl

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I am sure everything will be ok. (stay positive about your health) Keep praying.

A website that has a variety of short hairstyles is http://www.clickonbeauty.com From there you click on the short hairstlyes gallery, and there are a tremendous amount of styles on this gallery. I hope you find a haircut that you like!

sweetcocoa

Diamonesss I am so sorry to hear about this! I do agree it is probably benign. I have a co worker who had a tumor the size of a cantelope removed last year..she had to have a hysterectomy, but she is doing great now. Once your hormones settle down, your hair will stop shedding. It's also all the stress you are under. We are all praying for you. Get yourself healthy again, and your hair will follow suit....you'll see.

moni

And this too shall pass. Keep your faith in God and you'll be fine. I'll be praying for you too.

godzooki

I'm so sorry for your loss. even if you didnt know about it until too late it's still as stressful, I know, I recently lost a baby at 8wks also! I too lost some hair. My sister in law had the same thing happen to her but she was 5 months and her skin started getting hard and her hair started falling out and she kept telling people that the baby had stopped moving. turned out it had died 4 prior and had'nt "miscarried". she eventually regained her hair. Sorry you have to cut your hair but if the damage is that great then you know whats best for you. Good luck in the tumor diagnosis. don't stress too much. benign tumors and fibroids are really common in black women. my sister in law had 10 at once and my mom had one the size of a 4 month fetus. sorry, hope I'm not grossing anyone out.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
diamoness,

It sounds like you've been through the ringer. I'll echo what the others have said. Also, I have had 5 friends who have had benign fibroid tumors of the uterus. They've all had them removed, but sometimes they come back. It is very difficult to wait to find out what's going on and that adds more stress. I've been there. Hang in there.

If you're still looking for short hairstyles, I recommend going to the Especially Yours wig website. They have a lot of short haired wigs and wigs are modeled after real hair, right? http://www.especiallyyours.com/

I will think positive thoughts for you. Take care of yourself.

Dionne

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope your tumor isn't serious and I hope you health and hair return soon. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tracy

Diamoness..... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hi baby..... /images/graemlins/frown.gif Sorry can't express how I feel. Someone said you have over one hundred women here who love you and they couldn't be more right. We laugh together, we cry together - and beyond a shoadow of a doubt I KNOW you WILL get through this and we'll be here for you all the way.

That said - if ur in NY I know a bangin' salon that does the bangin' cuts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif And if you tell them you actually want to grow your hair out again but have to cut due to an illness, they may even be able to recommend a cut that will allow a graceful grow out. They're good like that. Whatever you do make sure you love your new look as much as possible. A positive self image will go a long way toward helping you heal right now - and that's what is most important.

Don't lose hope. We'll make sure you're pretty while you get better. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hugs, love, prayers and positive vibes all go out to you love.

You are in my thoughts.

~Tracy

Zola

Diamoness,

I don't have any additional information for you regarding the cut. I just wanted to let you know that I am so very sorry about your loss and that you are in my thoughts.

diamoness

Thank you so much for being so supportive and the encouraging words. IT TRULY MEANS ALOT....you all have brought me to tears just knowing that yall are praying for me. I havn't lost my faith! Even through all this stuff that's going on with me, I did get some great news! I have been accepted into my top choice grad. school /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif
And I HAVE decided to get a new, more professional look as far as hair and how I dress. I will be pampering myself from head to toe throughout the entire spring and summer b/c I deserve it. I have no doubt in my mind that the tumor is benign and refuse to stress over it. God will surely see me through. Thanks again to everyone. Oh and thanks for the links ladies. If I don't find a short style I like on the web or in any magazines, I'm sure my stylist will hook me up!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif GOD BLESS YOU ALL....AND YOUR HAIR /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Madison

I see that we posted at the same time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thank Goodness that things are starting to look brighter for you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
diamoness said:
Thank you so much for being so supportive and the encouraging words. IT TRULY MEANS ALOT....you all have brought me to tears just knowing that yall are praying for me. I havn't lost my faith! Even through all this stuff that's going on with me, I did get some great news! I have been accepted into my top choice grad. school /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif
And I HAVE decided to get a new, more professional look as far as hair and how I dress. I will be pampering myself from head to toe throughout the entire spring and summer b/c I deserve it. I have no doubt in my mind that the tumor is benign and refuse to stress over it. God will surely see me through. Thanks again to everyone. Oh and thanks for the links ladies. If I don't find a short style I like on the web or in any magazines, I'm sure my stylist will hook me up!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif GOD BLESS YOU ALL....AND YOUR HAIR /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

CONGRATULATIONS on your grad school acceptance! You have the right attitude about everything. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Good for you!!!

beana3

This has been very unfortunate, but YOU WILL GET THROUGH this!! Everyone here is praying and rooting for you... stay encouraged. I dont want to say too much, but just know that my deep sentiments and hopes for your continued health are with you.