I finally joined... 4a/b'ers help needed

anhdds2011

Hey Ladies! I have been stalking the threads for years, literally and have finally decided to subscribe.

A bit about my and my hair.

My last relaxer was Nov 2007, and I BC'd in Aug 2008. Hair length is currently SL. 4a/b

I had a bump in the road when I got a Dominican blowout, which was beautiful, but a lot of my hair hasnt reverted, so Im considering a relaxer. I'm ready for a change and a regimen that is overly product intensive. My plan is to be BSL by Dec 2010.

I need you guys help, any 4a/b ladies, could you give me some regimen tips. Thanks!!

ryanshope

Welcome to the board!! I am 4a/b, natural since 02/09. Have you thought of doing a Brazilian Keratin treatment to deal with the hair that hasn't reverted back?

jennboo

Hello!

Since you are considering straight hair (via relaxer) why not forego that and just become a heat-styled natural (no chems, but straight hair)? Would that be a consideration?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Hello!

Since you are considering straight hair (via relaxer) why not forego that and just become a heat-styled natural (no chems, but straight hair)? Would that be a consideration?
welcome!!
i agree with the above. also, don't be too quick to assume that your hair won't revert-have you tried some protein treatments?

sharifeh

:welcome:

When did you get this dominican blowout? The ladies on this board have had similar situations but most of the time, their hair has reverted.
Many people here swear by the BKT, read up on it!

anhdds2011

Welcome to the board!

This thread should help with regimen building
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=50291

This one is a 4a/4b encouragement thread
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=37059

HHG!
ETA the BKT is the Brazillian Keratin Treatment. If you do a search you'll find a lot of info. It's an alternative to relaxing

Thanks! I'll check those out!! I havent gotten an exact regimen yet, actually im kinda all over the place with my current one. But I'll check these out.

anhdds2011

My hair frizzes sooooo bad, immediately with straightening techniques. Im very much a DIY -er and I actually had the blowout in June, and my hair still is basically permed along the spot that the stylist didnt put heat protectant on. I havent tried any protein treatments yet tho. I'll have to research some. THANKS SOOOO MUCH LADIES! You guys are definitely an inspiration.

Mook's hair

before making any decisions I suggest that you start looking through photo albums of ladies with your same texture. Also I agree that your hair still may revert. Sleep with deep conditioner in it overnight. And then run a hot bath. Lay down on your back in the tub with your hair submerged in the water. for 5 or 10 minutes. Gently massage your hair while it's under water; sometimes this helps forge moisture into your strands.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Brazilian Keratin Treatment is a new hair-straightening process that produces great results and works well for up to 4 months.
However, there is one big danger! The treatment uses the preservative formaldehyde, a chemical that causes [COLOR=#0000ff !important][COLOR=#0000ff !important]cancer[/COLOR][/COLOR]

(The FDA does not restrict the use of formaldehyde in [COLOR=#0000ff !important][COLOR=#0000ff !important]cosmetics[/COLOR][/COLOR]
.).

Dr. Ellen Marmur, a dermatologist at Mount Sinai [COLOR=#0000ff !important][COLOR=#0000ff !important]Medical [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff !important]Center[/COLOR][/COLOR]

in New York, said that formaldehyde kills everything it comes into contact with.
BKT uses a type of protein called keratin to straighten hair. But experts say it’s formaldehyde that makes the treatment work.

http://www.hair-styles-secrets-revealed.com/hair/202/brazilian-keratin-treatment-danger/

SiobhanM

After reading Dr. Ali Syed (avalon/kera care) blog post and the comments.
I would never get BKT.
i really dont think getting your hair straight is worth risking your health.
Im not saying everyone will experience the same side effects but honestly why take the risk of endangering your self just for straight hair.
PLEASE READ HIS BLOG POST AND COMMENTS.

http://www.dralisyed.com/2009/07/keratin-formaldehyde-revelation-cancer.html#more

THESE COMPANIES ARE LAUGHING STRAIGHT TO THE BANK BECAUSE OF THE IGNORANCE OF CONSUMERS.
**LADIES PLEASE TAKE NO OFFENSE.**

other than that
WELCOME!!
I HOPE YOUR REVERTS HONEY. I have a section that i always leave out from my sew ins. so its flat ironed quite a bit. For a while it wouldnt revert but it finally did after some patience. Sorry if that didnt help.

SiobhanM

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Brazilian Keratin Treatment is a new hair-straightening process that produces great results and works well for up to 4 months.
However, there is one big danger! The treatment uses the preservative formaldehyde, a chemical that causes [COLOR=#0000ff !important][COLOR=#0000ff !important]cancer[/COLOR][/COLOR]

(The FDA does not restrict the use of formaldehyde in [COLOR=#0000ff !important][COLOR=#0000ff !important]cosmetics[/COLOR][/COLOR]
.).

Dr. Ellen Marmur, a dermatologist at Mount Sinai [COLOR=#0000ff !important][COLOR=#0000ff !important]Medical [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff !important]Center[/COLOR][/COLOR]

in New York, said that formaldehyde kills everything it comes into contact with.
BKT uses a type of protein called keratin to straighten hair. But experts say it’s formaldehyde that makes the treatment work.

http://www.hair-styles-secrets-revealed.com/hair/202/brazilian-keratin-treatment-danger/

WHEWWW. I JUST POSTED ALMOST THE SAME THING! DIDNT SEE YOUR POST.
I guess the more information the more better. :yep: