I finally tried Ecostyler gel (clear) on my entire head & it's so cute!

Geminigirl

I just got the white and blue gel. The pink one is the first one i found and used and it was ok but I used some Vo5 under mines with oil and it dried crunchy I think i will try my homemade spritz underneath as well.

NaturallyMo

Girl, you make me want to go still my ecostyler back from my fiancee. LOL I'm a true Fantasia IC lover, but I may have to give Ecostyler another chance after seeing the possibilities. Your hair is gorgeous.

naturalmanenyc

I detangled in the shower & added HE LTR leave in to my wet hair. I then added the Ecostyler gel with my hands and used a wide toothed comb (instead of my Denman brush) to work the gel through. I sectioned my hair into 4 parts to do that and then used my hands to cover the parts.

If I try it again, I will use the Denman although but those curls tend to be much tighter than I like on me. I do still want to see how it comes out with the Denman.

It came out really nice!!! So shiny and defined.

What method/technique did you use?

Your hair looks great! Just gorgeous! What techniques did you use to apply?

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

No, not totally. I have cut off most of the relaxed pieces though. They should be all gone by December - which will be 2 years since my transition.

Love it!!!!!! I tried it on my new growth a while back and it did define my coils but I will wiat until I'm natural before I try it again.

Have you cut off all your relaxed ends?

Geminigirl

I noticed when I used my KCCC I only use my Denman to detangle and run the leave in through. When I apply gel I only use my fingers to work the gel through my hair. It cause my coils to really clump and define. You should try that sometime.

Geminigirl

also I didn't know if you knew but the button next to the quote button allows you to multi quote. You just click on the people you want to quote and when you are all done you click post reply and they will all come up.

BostonMaria

Where can I purchase ecostyler gel?

They sell it pretty much anywhere.. Sally's, Walgreen's, CVS, Walmart, Target, etc. The one I use is the black gel.

PatTodd

I have put the (black) Ecostyler to the side in favor of clear Proclaim gel but I will be picking it back up!! And look for the other versions too!

vkb247

My last mini chop was in April after a BKT. DH was not happy but there was no point in holding on to a few long strands of relaxed hair just because they were long. He got over it once I showed him the photos.

Your progress is wonderful! I admire your dedication.

I noticed when I used my KCCC I only use my Denman to detangle and run the leave in through. When I apply gel I only use my fingers to work the gel through my hair. It cause my coils to really clump and define. You should try that sometime.

ITA. People think that my hair is so coily but I really just pat the ecostyler in after cowashing and using a leave in and some coconut oil. A user at NC uses activator gel under hers and I want to try that too.

Only the clear and brown types work for me. It's so cheap and easy for flawless results everytime.

camibella

Your curls look very nice.

I use Fantasia IC gel and it flakes if I combine it with leave in and my Scurl moisturizer so if it doesn't flake I'm all for trying it.

robot.

How do you apply your gel?

I have the same product and I love what it does to my edges, but I'm just not sure if I should slop some in my hands and just run them through my entire head or what. :lol:

bgsix

OMG Babygurl you are still around? OMG I know you don't know me but when I started on my hair journey way back a couple years ago you were one of the fotki's I ran across and made me a believer. Your hair is the ultimate I love it.

I know! I know! My heart skipped a beat when I saw her post. :drool: for your hair!!.Sorry for the hijack OP.

Nice looking OP!!!

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

I used Herbal Essences LTR leave in under the gel.

What leave-in did you put underneath? Tia!

I will tell him.:grin:
:yep:You are right it is sooo cute:yep:. Also tell DH that his locs are nice:look:

I just used my hands to apply the gel & a wide toothed comb. I plan to use my Denman to see how that turns out next time.

How do you apply your gel?

I have the same product and I love what it does to my edges, but I'm just not sure if I should slop some in my hands and just run them through my entire head or what. :lol:

I found mine at the local BSS but it was off to the side with the large vats of gel (although I did not buy a large tub). It was not on the aisle with the other products/gels. I had to search for it.

Where can I purchase ecostyler gel?

Neith

How much did you use? Does it make your hair hard at all?

Seriously piqued my interest here :) lol