I flatironed on damp hair this morning (pic)...

Not sure if it has already been asked in the 10+ pages...but what flat iron did you use and what protectorant? Thank, by the way you hair is Gorgeous!!!

Not sure if it has already been asked in the 10+ pages...but what flat iron did you use and what protectorant? Thank, by the way you hair is Gorgeous!!!

She used Silk elements for heat protectant and the flat iron is a Solia she has. I think she said 1 3/4 inch.

this came out so beautifully! it looks so shiny and thick.
i'm a 4a natural and i also just tried this method. i don't usually have much of a problem flat ironing my hair, but doing it damp made the whole process go so much faster. my hair was less tangled at the ends and i had no breakage when i used a fine tooth comb to do the chase method. i also didn't have to use such small sections to get it straight. a week later it still feels moisturized.
i love this method!!

Thanks AGAIN for the wonderful compliments.

This phenomena goes against everything I ever thought about flatironing. Today my hair is still very straight and smooth and does not at all feel dry.
I owe alot of this to L'anza products and faithfully DC'ing every week without fail. My hair is doing so much better.

I can't believe how long this thread is!!!!!

WOOOOOOW, your hair looks awesome.:love4:

I have never heard of this before, but am going to research it.

this came out so beautifully! it looks so shiny and thick.
i'm a 4a natural and i also just tried this method. i don't usually have much of a problem flat ironing my hair, but doing it damp made the whole process go so much faster. my hair was less tangled at the ends and i had no breakage when i used a fine tooth comb to do the chase method. i also didn't have to use such small sections to get it straight. a week later it still feels moisturized.
i love this method!!

It took me 10 minutes to do as opposed to 20 or more. Do you have a picture?

Also, I noticed the same thing about less tangling and I was able to run a comb through it without ANY type of popping or snagging or anything!!

It looks wonderful! I have tried it too and I love it. I don't do it often but I love the way my hair feels afterwards :yep:

Back