I gave myself a haircut (pics) no longer BSL

LondonDiva

I was at BSL, but I wasn't claiming it because for me I want it blunt at that length and not a few hairs grazing it.

It may not seen like much, but I had some awful scraggly ends. The Boundless Tresses I'd used over the months had boosted my thickness that the ends seemed really thin.

I relaxed (or texlaxed) like I normally do in sections and after each one was relaxed, cut it when it was wet. The length is the same all the way around. I think i did a good job and am happy with the progress I've made as well as this relaxer and cut. I don't see it as a set back, but a move forward. I know now what works for my hair and how to speed up the growth and thickenss. So I'm really looking forward to being a true blunt cut bra strap length. My hair feels heavier, swings when I move it :grin: and feels and looks thicker too as there are no more see through ends.

It's all even now and there are no snags when I run my hands through it. For those contemplating chopping those ends rather than saving them I say do it. I was a 'hanger on' and after this will feel no way about taking out the scissors and cutting off the deadbeat ends.

Please excuse the flyaways I wasn't able to laden my hair down with hairspray or oil sheen and mess up a whole day of working on my hair.

This is after a relaxer in January 08. You can see the difference in thickness. The line is where I chopped.

March 08
After texlaxing with Affirm in 3 seperate sections. Cutting each section, I blowdried and lightly flat ironed. Added some Vitapointe for the shine (1st time using it) and bushed it a little.

The ends are all blunt, but from the way i flat ironed (I was trying to catch a train and had to hurry up) I ironed it in 300 different directions.

ladylibra

IKWYM, i adore blunt cuts. part of the reason i'm so conflicted right now because my hair is full of layers... i just wanna hack them all off... :look:

LondonDiva

beautiful and I love your lipstick can you tell me the brand and color.

HA HA I knew there would be one asking me

Well the liner and lipstick are both MAC

The lipstick has been discontinued I got in in Houston in December 2005 It was Viva Glam III in Matte. UGH you know they only do those for a season.

The liner (still current as I know) is called Velvetta. They compliment each other colour wise very nicely.

LondonDiva

IKWYM, i adore blunt cuts. part of the reason i'm so conflicted right now because my hair is full of layers... i just wanna hack them all off... :look:

If it's still i layers, give it a rest and wait a while. I had a BAD BAD BAD break off due to colour and spent a couple years growing it out with braids. I couldn't even bare to look at it, so 'covered' it instead with kinky twists. It was cut out literally, had an upside down V going on. The top half was longer than the bottom half. Trust me if I didn't cut it like this 2 days ago I was tempted to go ultra short like the old Halle cut. I had just had enough of it looking *****.

ladylibra

If it's still i layers, give it a rest and wait a while. I had a BAD BAD BAD break off due to colour and spent a couple years growing it out with braids. I couldn't even bare to look at it, so 'covered' it instead with kinky twists. It was cut out literally, had an upside down V going on. The top half was longer than the bottom half. Trust me if I didn't cut it like this 2 days ago I was tempted to go ultra short like the old Halle cut. I had just had enough of it looking *****.

i'm trying to hold out until the longest layer is at the top of my brastrap (where my longest layer is now). so another year basically. then i might go ahead and cut it all even, if i can wait that long... :lachen:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Your hair looks great, LD. It's definitely not a set back because it looks healthy.

And your make-up is on point too! :gorgeous:

LondonDiva

I love your hair!!! :drunk:

Off topic...what makeup do u use?? Its flawless:grin: !!

I'm a MAC girl, but trying to make the switch to mineral make up. I hear it's lighter and better for you, so may try Avon's one.

I use MAC NC45 (Studiofix) and the blot powder in Dark over that. I have uber greasy skin and need something extra to combat the shine. I use Max Factor Lash Perfection mascara, I can only use those plastic brushes now. And eyebrow pencil in stud (by MAC). I also wear 2 MAC blushes Harmony (Matte) which is a close skin tone match (nothing worse than women looking like rosy clowns) and Honour (Frost) over that a light gold over the Harmony for a little sparkle. I always say to my friends if they can, always get your hair, nails and make-up advice/done by the gay guys. At the make-up counters they really know how to work their magic, plus no woman no matter what her damn profession is, is gonna make you look better than her. And if she says she is, she lying:lachen:

Gay guys, man.....to them your like a blank canvas to work their creations on. I've always been let down by the women at the MAC counters. if I want to look like CoCo the clown I'll join the d*mn circus. I'll wait till Javier is free:grin:

IMHO men make better make up artists and designers than women.

LondonDiva

Ooooh thank you for all of the compliments ladies. :kiss3:
That night I did have one brotha tell me he could quite happily watch me the whole evening :lachen: When I checked periodically he was doing just that. A me dat!! :lachen::lachen::lachen: We had a nice chat, he was polite and respectful, but I was more interested in the soca tunes.

I'm really happy with my cut. I was working up to it for a whole week and was actually excited at the prospect of snipping it away, I just couldn't wait for the weekend to approach.

I can see why people get scissor happy indeed. It's kind of like an addiction.
I'm more anal about my hair now, I won't even let the ends touch anything, and I'm really going to try and eat a lot healthier to my skin, hair and overall health on track. I eat very bad and although my weight is fine, my skin and energy levels are suffering so I'm using this as a new start to get everything in check.

LondonDiva

i'm trying to hold out until the longest layer is at the top of my brastrap (where my longest layer is now). so another year basically. then i might go ahead and cut it all even, if i can wait that long... :lachen:

If you can wait until then, then I say go for it.

ajoyfuljoy

Wow LondonDiva you clean up very nicely!

I'm sure that no matter what your hair looks like you will always look nice :yep:

Mimi22

I love the MAC fafi blush Hipness...its lightly pink and I dont look so clownish! I love their eyeshadows, definitely investing in them once the summer rolls around!

I'm still wary about MAC foundations & powders. Last time I went, the MAC artist gave me a powder 2 shades darker! My mom and everyone was like :nono:

I love bobbi brown now! I had a gay girl fix me up though. Does that still count??
Thanks for the input LD! :grin:

LondonDiva

GOTTDAMN!!!....2005 throwback, lock it up and throw away the key pictures.

Here's a pic from 05 where the breakage kicked in fierce from a bad colour job.

I read that bastid Shamboosie's book and he said the only colour black women who were relaxed could safely use was Clairol Textures n Tones.

This was with 4 months new growth, But it looked hella bad with breakage, colour on the ends and new growth combined.

So for those who have doubts, trust me over time your hair can definitely recover.

After the relaxer.............

In 2005 this was a 4 month comparison shot. Feb-Jun 05
My hair was EATEN OUT. BTW this growth at the time was from MTG