I gave myself a haircut (pics) no longer BSL

Spongie Bloom

wow you got some pretty hair girl might hav eto give in and buy the boundless tresses, you are also in the UK so i guess they ship it over here, do you indigo? cause that colour is fierce

LondonDiva

wow you got some pretty hair girl might hav eto give in and buy the boundless tresses, you are also in the UK so i guess they ship it over here, do you indigo? cause that colour is fierce

Thank you!

That's my own hair colour. I haven't 'indigoed' in a while, and if I use colour it's one of 3, whichever I can get my hands on'

Adore
Bigen
Profectiv

(All in Jet Black)

PM Integrity she's the UK source for Boundless Tresses. ;)

Nenah

Your skin looks beautiful. Your lipstick and eyebrows are on point. You will be back to brastrap in no time.

Demi27

It looks good.

I can't wait for the day when my hair gets long enough and I can cut my hair.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I can see the difference in thickness (perhaps i need to get summa dis BT myself ), I can understand why you wanted to cut. It looks beautiful!!!!:yep:

CenteredGirl

You bet it's a move forward. Nothing that a few months won't fix lengthwise.

But I agree with others, your hair is HEALTHY and looks fantastic after the big cut. YOu are so pretty that you are one of them girls that can literrally wear a bag on your head and still get holla backs!

MrsBKJ

Your hair looks amazing Diva! very pretty!!
And your skin and makeup is wow too!
Thanks for sharing

Uzz

Lioness

I was at BSL, but I wasn't claiming it because for me I want it blunt at that length and not a few hairs grazing it.

It may not seen like much, but I had some awful scraggly ends. The Boundless Tresses I'd used over the months had boosted my thickness that the ends seemed really thin.

I relaxed (or texlaxed) like I normally do in sections and after each one was relaxed, cut it when it was wet. The length is the same all the way around. I think i did a good job and am happy with the progress I've made as well as this relaxer and cut. I don't see it as a set back, but a move forward. I know now what works for my hair and how to speed up the growth and thickenss. So I'm really looking forward to being a true blunt cut bra strap length. My hair feels heavier, swings when I move it :grin: and feels and looks thicker too as there are no more see through ends.

It's all even now and there are no snags when I run my hands through it. For those contemplating chopping those ends rather than saving them I say do it. I was a 'hanger on' and after this will feel no way about taking out the scissors and cutting off the deadbeat ends.

Please excuse the flyaways I wasn't able to laden my hair down with hairspray or oil sheen and mess up a whole day of working on my hair.

This is after a relaxer in January 08. You can see the difference in thickness. The line is where I chopped.

March 08
After texlaxing with Affirm in 3 seperate sections. Cutting each section, I blowdried and lightly flat ironed. Added some Vitapointe for the shine (1st time using it) and bushed it a little.

The ends are all blunt, but from the way i flat ironed (I was trying to catch a train and had to hurry up) I ironed it in 300 different directions.

In relation to the bolded, ITA.

I cut 3" off my hair in September 07 when I was at the top of BSL. This took me up to APL. I cut because my ends were not as healthy as they could be..and I knew that when I reached BSL again, it would be thicker and healthier. IMO health comes before length.

I'm back at BSL and much happier with the thickness and texture of this length... LD you made the right choice in the long term.

You did a good job relaxing; it looks like you got it done professionally.

You're stunning :)

LondonDiva

You hair and everything else looks great!

How can I get my eyebrows like that? :look: No seriously....

Thanks.

Actually my eyebrows are about 4 weeks overdue for a threading. It's an Indian technique, I get it done at an Indian hair salon every 2 weeks and costs £3 ($6). I'm growing them out to get it done again. In this pic I have a little eyebrow pencil on, you can actually see it underneath the brow, I didn't blend it in too well:ohwell:. You know how these cameras pick up every damn flaw.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=eyebrow+threading&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

This woman charges £24 ($48) :nono:, she's doing nothing different the Indian women do at Sajna (the place I go to in Tooting), I guess she's capitalising on this technique which you can learn and do yourself, or go somewhere else on the cheap.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?xml=/health/2007/10/02/heyebrows102.xml

http://www.shavata.co.uk/index.html

here's a video on it
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1138037498&channel=495713462

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=996637401&channel=769302903

Last edited: