I gave myself a haircut (pics) no longer BSL

diamondlady

Absolutely Wonderful and Brave. Your hair is Beautiful!!! I get my eyebrows threaded every two weeks also but they don't look at good as your

deborah11

You are so beautiful. Your skin is flawless and your hair is pretty also. it will grow back in no time because your hair grows fast.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
LD your hair is beautiful, I must say you have alot of courage, because I don't think I could have taken so much off...

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Your hair looks great and I love your make-up too! That shade of lipstick is georgeous on you! Can I ask what kind is? (sorry if someone asked already, haven't read the whole thread).

LondonDiva

Here it is again for those that missed it.

And thank you, thank you, thank you, for all of the lovely compliments. I mean coming from an array of beauties and hair idols of mine, complimenting me like that a sistah feels truly honored. Trust me no big head going on over here.

You are all sweethearts.

HA HA I knew there would be one asking me

Well the liner and lipstick are both MAC

The lipstick has been discontinued I got in in Houston in December 2005 It was Viva Glam III in Matte. UGH you know they only do those for a season.

The liner (still current as I know) is called Velvetta. They compliment each other colour wise very nicely.

janeemat

Wow! Very pretty. How did I miss this. You are a beautiful lady and have the perfect model lips.

MzOptimistic

I was at BSL, but I wasn't claiming it because for me I want it blunt at that length and not a few hairs grazing it.

It may not seen like much, but I had some awful scraggly ends. The Boundless Tresses I'd used over the months had boosted my thickness that the ends seemed really thin.

I relaxed (or texlaxed) like I normally do in sections and after each one was relaxed, cut it when it was wet. The length is the same all the way around. I think i did a good job and am happy with the progress I've made as well as this relaxer and cut. I don't see it as a set back, but a move forward. I know now what works for my hair and how to speed up the growth and thickenss. So I'm really looking forward to being a true blunt cut bra strap length. My hair feels heavier, swings when I move it :grin: and feels and looks thicker too as there are no more see through ends.

It's all even now and there are no snags when I run my hands through it. For those contemplating chopping those ends rather than saving them I say do it. I was a 'hanger on' and after this will feel no way about taking out the scissors and cutting off the deadbeat ends.

Please excuse the flyaways I wasn't able to laden my hair down with hairspray or oil sheen and mess up a whole day of working on my hair.

This is after a relaxer in January 08. You can see the difference in thickness. The line is where I chopped.

March 08
After texlaxing with Affirm in 3 seperate sections. Cutting each section, I blowdried and lightly flat ironed. Added some Vitapointe for the shine (1st time using it) and bushed it a little.

The ends are all blunt, but from the way i flat ironed (I was trying to catch a train and had to hurry up) I ironed it in 300 different directions.

London Baby WHYYYYY? It was not that much see through ends. I am mad at you:rolleyes: Nonetheless, your hair is still beautiful and I love your skin tone. *walks away, mumbling, it was not that much see through ends, I aint tryna hear that* {{{hugs}}} but I'm still mad!!!!!:grin:

LondonDiva

London Baby WHYYYYY? It was not that much see through ends. I am mad at you:rolleyes: Nonetheless, your hair is still beautiful and I love your skin tone. *walks away, mumbling, it was not that much see through ends, I aint tryna hear that* {{{hugs}}} but I'm still mad!!!!!:grin:

Girl those see thru ends were horrible. I'm sorry this was bad.

"Be mad at me, I don't wants no snaggle toof hairs" **runs off into the sunset**

MzOptimistic

Girl those see thru ends were horrible. I'm sorry this was bad.

"Be mad at me, I don't wants no snaggle toof hairs" **runs off into the sunset**

Awwwww, you know I can't stay mad at you. I'm going to enjoy watching your hair grow back. I don't know if you know it but our hair grew together and I'm now bsb, just like you were. We took/take those viviscal's together. I tend to see us as hair sista's When I look at your hair, I see my own hair. Real Talk...but you had to do what is right for your hair and I know it's going to grow back just as fast as before because your hair grows fast and as I've stated, I'm going to enjoy watching your hair grow back. {{{hugs}}} Your hair is beautiful and healthy and that's what counts:yep:

Last edited: