I Had to Let Go of 3" & Pics of My New Kinky Curly Weave

Ediese

I Had to Let Go of 3" & Pics of My New Kinky Curly Weave (added more pics lol)

Last month, I posted a thread about my experience at the hair salon when I went to get my hair pressed. The stylist told me that I needed to have at least 2-3" trimmed, and continual trims from there in order to get my hair back to a healthy state. A lot of you agreed that it really didn't look like I needed that much taken off.

Well, I decided to get a trim on Friday because I was planning on getting a weave installed on Saturday. After hearing the same exact recommendation from the stylist, I agreed to have her trim off 3". :sad: I'm no longer BSL, but I really want to get to a healthy head of hair (although it did look healthy -- looks can be deceiving). I also went in when I got home, and chopped some of my relaxed ends. I'll chop off the rest when I take out my weave in a couple months. At this time, I'm not even concerned with the length. I just really want to get rid of the 'dead' ends that both stylists are talking about. I HATE to see it!

I got my hair weaved on Saturday, and hated it! I told her not to leave any of my hair out in the front, so it didn't look natural. :wallbash: What a waste! I went to another stylist, and had her take it out and redo it. It looks much better now. I left some hair out at the top and on the sides. I had to cut all the relaxed ends, so my hair now blends with the weave. Anyway, here are pics of my install. It's kinky curly weave (3c/4a I believe). It can be manipulated to be big and wild, or really nice defined curls. I wore it pulled back in a bun today, and it's really realistic looking. Anyway, you be the judge.

This is the mess I had taken down. I had someone else redo..this time leaving out some of my hair on the top and SIDES to blend with the weave.

This is the redo..

Pulled it back in one

Brushed out the curls a little bit

Trusty bun for work lol

ETA

Here is the vendor information. She has two types of kinky kurl. Take a look at this thread on BHM to see the difference. I bought the X^2 because the other was is more of a 3b curl. Please don't be alarmed by the perfect uniformity of the curls (I know I was). You can manipulate it so that it's not as uniform, or you can get more defined curls.

http://lanikshair.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=72

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=173453&KW=

Pics of someone with the looser curl. It's gorgeous!

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=174088&PN=5

For those of you that were asking for the second stylist number, it's 2816836719. Her name is Ms. T. She only charges $70, but does it in her garage. The braids are bulky in the back, but since it's kinky hair you can't tell anyway. She's a great braider, so you can let her know which braid pattern to use, and she'll follow it. Also, you might want to let her know how much hair to leave out. HTH

*******************UPDATE 02/11/09******************

I still love this hair, but I must confess that it does tangle. It's probably because of the texture. Also, I colored it again. I used the Bigen Oriental. Yes..I was brave to color it even though it's installed already. For some reason, it was looking really unmoisturized. My SO commented on it a few times. lol I'm still trying to figure out how I can get it to dry without getting as big.

Wet hair

Dry hair

Last edited:

strawbearysweet

Wow! Three inches is alot but it will grow back and be even healthier than before. i love that weave though. It's really cute. :)

ThickHair

To me the first one wasn't bad, but the redo is BEAUTIFUL. If I could get a weave that natural looking I would do it in a heartbeat.

J-Moe

What type of hair do you have installed, I LUUUUUUVVVVV it! I also wear sew-ins and all I wear is curly installs!! Your hair really looks nice, don't let the trim discourage you, we all know that it will grow back.

P

patient1

The redo looks great. Did you reuse the same tracks or purchase a different type of hair?

p1

Casarela

is that bohyme hair??? IM READY TO FORGET ABOUT BRAIDS FOR THAT WEAVE GIRL ITS BEAUTIFUL ...SO MY QUESTION IS ...WHAT HAIR IS THAT I LUV IT

sydwrites

I really like that install your trusty bun is so natural and cute. I love that texture so spill it what kind is it!

kriolagirl

the redo looks GREAT! is that bohyme braz wave hair? i just did a post on my blog today about how much i love that hair :)

Ediese

The redo looks great. Did you reuse the same tracks or purchase a different type of hair?

p1

Thanks I did resuse it. I couldn't waste all that money. :nono: I was a upset though because when I redid it, I had to cut it to make sure it was all one length. I had initially purchased 20" because I wanted it to be BSL, but now it's a little past shoulder.

Ediese

Yall have me cheesing over here!! I understand though because the hair is gorgeous. I don't think I'm going back to straight weave hair AT ALL.

ellebelle88

This looks sooo good.
But you got your relaxed ends cut off. So do you think this look would work on someone who is relaxed? Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get this weave to work on a relaxed head?

Casarela

If you leave some hair in the front out twist it tightly with a product that will give you hold in small section in the front and in the morning unravel it and voilllllllllla!

This looks sooo good.
But you got your relaxed ends cut off. So do you think this look would work on someone who is relaxed? Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get this weave to work on a relaxed head?