I HATE leave in conditioners

Dionne

I bought Joico Integrity and Motions leave in my hair feel horrible. I used both of them how I was supposed to but my hair is hard and tangled. I don't even want to keep these things. I can't find the reciepts either. Anyone care for them. I'll post on the product trade board.

NAY007

the only and best leave in i had was the pantene one. it is great. believe me. it is not expensive at all. so you should go and buy one right now cause you will see that it works. it is also light and smells nice and will leave your hair shiny. and no i do not work for pantene /images/graemlins/tongue.gif i just think it 's the best. here is the link

http://www.pantene.com/en_US/browse_products/collection/basic_collection/spray_conditioner.jhtml

don't give up on the leave ins. i think they are very important to detangle hair when it is still damp.
good luck, nay!

Kitkat

Speaking for Motions (I never used Joico), I think that the leave in works as well at detangling as the shampoo/conditioner used before it. It works best for me when I use it after shampooing with Motions products, or some other shampoo/conditioner combo that left my hair soft. If I used a shampoo/ conditioner that left my hair hard, the leave in didn't work as well.

Paris Belle

I use Infusium 23 and it works for me. I use Motions products, but I've never used their leave in or Pantene's leave in. I used to use Emergency 911. It's kind of heavy in my opinion, but some like it.

It also may be the amount that you're using. I don't know what the directions say, but sometimes they say saturate the hair. And you really can't do that. I use a good amount, but not that much just to make sure the hair is wet and it is in the hair thoroughly, but not more than that.

daviine

I used to leave-in conditioners to set my hair and my hair would come out all crunchy. Sometimes if you use too much it can make the hair hard. You may also want to try diluting it with distilled water.

sweetcocoa

You could try a light lotion leave-in. I use Aveda Daily leave-in Elixer. It doesn't leave a coating.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Most of them make my hair hard and rough, too. I've had luck with Grandma’s Secret Recipe 'Will-Gro' Braid & Extension Sheen & Moisturizing Scalp Spray, Ion Anti Frizz Leave-In and I'lora L'original Kids Detangler.
Tracy posted this tip a few days ago and it worked well for me:
Put some conditioner--maybe 1/2-1 oz.--into a spray bottle with 6-8 oz. of water. Viola! A leave-in conditioner! I used distilled water and Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner because it smells great and it's a pure moisturizing/non-protein conditioner.
...and also because I didn't want to waste my precious Elucence or Mizani Moisturfuse just in case it didn't work for me. /images/graemlins/wink.gif