I HATE MIZANI BUTTER BLENDS!!

lunabelle

I THOUGHT THAT CHANGING FROM A NO-LYE TO LYE WOULD IMPROVE MY HAIR AND PROMOTE SHINY HEALTHY HAIR, HOWEVER NOW THAT I HAVE USED IT MY HAIR IS DULL AND LIMP!!:wallbash: NOW I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE TWO MONTHS BEFORE I GET ANOTHER RELAXER AND IT WILL DEFINITELY BE OPTIMUM. I ALWAYS HAD SHINY BOUNCY HAIR, I GUESS IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT. WILL THIS DAMAGE MY HAIR IF I GO BACK?!!

No it won't damage your hair if you change....at least let me say it has not damaged my hair changing perms.

I THOUGHT THAT CHANGING FROM A NO-LYE TO LYE WOULD IMPROVE MY HAIR AND PROMOTE SHINY HEALTHY HAIR, HOWEVER NOW THAT I HAVE USED IT MY HAIR IS DULL AND LIMP!!:wallbash: NOW I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE TWO MONTHS BEFORE I GET ANOTHER RELAXER AND IT WILL DEFINITELY BE OPTIMUM. I ALWAYS HAD SHINY BOUNCY HAIR, I GUESS IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT. WILL THIS DAMAGE MY HAIR IF I GO BACK?!!

I used this relaxer 2 weeks ago and let me say that I was not all that pleased either...sticking with SE.

First Crimson-:nono: I'm sorry it didn't turn out so well. Did you apply it yourself or have it done at a salon? Did you change anything at all about the steps?

Momo, did you have the dullness and limpness or another problem with it?

That's what I'm afraid of.:perplexed I'll just stick with my no lye.

First Crimson-:nono: I'm sorry it didn't turn out so well. Did you apply it yourself or have it done at a salon? Did you change anything at all about the steps?

Momo, did you have the dullness and limpness or another problem with it?

It did not straighten my hair all that well...but I did infuse it with Keratin Oil so it may be that I used to much of the oil and stopped the straightening action.

But also I bought the trial kit and I just didn't think that it was enough product so maybe I didn't get the full effect. I'm not sure what went wrong but I was not impressed enough to spend that type of money again.

Sally's SE for $3.99 got my name and hair written all over it...

Hmmm...my hair loved this relaxer, but my hair LOVES lye ...no lye leaves me a nibbled off dry crusty mess.

Weird how some stuff works so well for some and not for others.

As far as the keratin oil that could have had an affect. The relaxer doesn't straighten mega quickly which I really liked because it gave me more time to work with it.

Sorry it didn't work for you hon. :nono:

Chayil

Wow. Sorry it didn't work for you. It was wonderful for me, but we all have different needs. Hope your hair is back to its bouncy, shiny self soon!

I hear you Crimson. After reading all of the hype about how much better lye relaxers are, I too dabbled in lye relaxers because I thought they would be better for my hair leaving it with more moisture. This turned out NOT to be the case. No lye works for me and like someone said above, if it ain't broke.....don't try to fix it.

Sorry to hear about your troubles girl. Sometimes when you are making a shift from lye to no-lye or the other way around, it takes time before you can really see the benefit of that change. After all, you are only touching up your newgrowth with the relaxer. The length has already been processed with some other type of relaxer, so you really can't make a fair assessment of a new relaxer using the length of the strand to judge. You would need a few cycles to really see the benefits of any relaxer system.

Did you do anything differently to your hair during this relaxer application compared to your no-lye ones? Did you protect the length of your hair from re-processing?

And ITA, going back and forth between types won't hurt you, so long as you prevent overlapping as usual. :yep: My hair, like yours, does prefer no-lye to lye so my relaxer of choice is Mizani Sensitive Scalp no-lye.

I USED LYE FOR OVER 25 YRS UNTIL MARCH OF 2007. THAT WAS TRULY WHEN MY HAIR STARTED LOOKING LIKE THE HAIR I HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF. NO LONGER LIMP AND FLAT. FOR YEARS I THOUGHT I JUST HAD NATURALLY FINE HAIR, BUT I NOW KNOW IT WAS THE LYE RELAXER THAT CAUSED MY HAIR TO BE THAT WAY.

I NEVER THOUGHT NO-LYE WOULD BE BETTER, BUT IT IS. I JUST HAD MY THIRD NO-LYE RELAXER LAST WEEK AND I'M LOVING MY HAIR:drunk:. I'M JUST SORRY I DID NOT IGURE THIS OUT SOONER:wallbash:

I've really been wanting to try this new system, but I just don't think lye is for me. However, I think that i will try the other components minus the lye relaxer and use my tried and true ORS.

No, didn't change any steps. The usual:relax, condition, neutralize, condition, style. Oh, well I'm wearing my hair up until I get another relaxer. Maybe that will help me in the end, everything happens for a reason. Thanks for the responses guys!

Back