Mizani Butter Blends NO-LYE

Kacie

Has anyone tried the No-Lye version of Butter Blends? If so, what were the results? I once tried Silk Elements Mild Lye relaxer and it burned to no end, even though I based with a pound of vaseline :wallbash:, so the Lye version is a definite no-go for me.

Check it out: http://www.mizani-usa.com/default.aspx?m=75&rid=300

Butter Blend Sensitive Scalp Rhelaxer

Calcium Hydroxide formula with Arginine, a fortifying amino acid with high affinity to hair. Signature Butter Blend of shea butter, cocoa butter and honey provide moisturizing emollients for hair. Polyquaternium-16 adds superior conditioning, lubricity and a soft silky feel.

Requires mixing to activate product

Last edited:

Kacie

:bump::bump: Bumping......

No one has used this product. I'm relaxing at 6 months post and can't afford any flukes. :help:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Has anyone tried the No-Lye version of Butter Blends? If so, what were the results? I once tried Silk Elements Mild Lye relaxer and it burned to no end, even though I based with a pound of vaseline :wallbash:, so the Lye version is a definite no-go for me.

I used it. I self relaxed and hadn't done so in years but anyway... I had no burning. Maybe a slight tingle after 16mins but I did scratch cuz I forgot not too. I really didn't base as well as I should have, but I think I used a lil coconut oil to base. I followed the instructions mixed and wait 5 mins, but it was more like 10-15 cuz I needed to base, and I forgot to coat my ends with a cheapie condish (actually coated my whole length). I added about maybe a quarter sized or a lil more of sweet almond in case I wasn't fast in my application. I dropped the brush immediately before I even got the thing to my head so used my fingers (i overlapped, not on purpose, but it happend) I was done applying in about 15 mins. Smoothed a w/ my fingers and rinsed after about having in for 18mins. Now my hair isn't bone straight. I think I texlaxed cuz I still have a lot of wavy, but thats cool. Even though I overlapped I have no shedding or excessive dryness. I like the way my hair felt. Soft and strong. After I used Aphogee 2min keratin no no cap/no heat for about 7mins(max amt of time) then rinsed and neutralized. Seriously took me 8 washeds before the suds were white, I let it sit, and rinsed with water, and all that. Did not wash out easily. By then my hair was stripped and I was worried. Dc'd w/ AO AHR 1 hr, good to go. Pleased with results, would buy again but would have a professional probably apply for better/even coverage. Sorry so long, hope that helps.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
FYI: My pic is before the relaxer, so don't use that as a gauge & I am 4a,b,c,d. 4 Something w/ a lil 3 something and maybe a lil 2something in the back (full of somethings) I was 14 weeks post

Last edited:

Kacie

I used it. I self relaxed and hadn't done so in years but anyway... I had no burning. Maybe a slight tingle after 16mins but I did scratch cuz I forgot not too. I really didn't base as well as I should have, but I think I used a lil coconut oil to base. I followed the instructions mixed and wait 5 mins, but it was more like 10-15 cuz I needed to base, and I forgot to coat my ends with a cheapie condish (actually coated my whole length). I added about maybe a quarter sized or a lil more of sweet almond in case I wasn't fast in my application. I dropped the brush immediately before I even got the thing to my head so used my fingers (i overlapped, not on purpose, but it happend) I was done applying in about 15 mins. Smoothed a w/ my fingers and rinsed after about having in for 18mins. Now my hair isn't bone straight. I think I texlaxed cuz I still have a lot of wavy, but thats cool. Even though I overlapped I have no shedding or excessive dryness. I like the way my hair felt. Soft and strong. After I used Aphogee 2min keratin no no cap/no heat for about 7mins(max amt of time) then rinsed and neutralized. Seriously took me 8 washeds before the suds were white, I let it sit, and rinsed with water, and all that. Did not wash out easily. By then my hair was stripped and I was worried. Dc'd w/ AO AHR 1 hr, good to go. Pleased with results, would buy again but would have a professional probably apply for better/even coverage. Sorry so long, hope that helps.

I've used Phyto before so I'm used to washing 10 times to neutralize. Can you mix the relaxer to your desired strength? If so which strength did you use? Thanks for the feedback!

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Well it was no-lye (prefer lye) It was the sensitive scalp version. So I really don't know the strength. I was just happy no burning.