I Have A Line Up of Conditioner Reviews for Ya!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I tried some new things over the past few weeks. I thought I would share my thoughts. I left each one in for at least 15 minutes with no heat, but with a shower cap and turbie twist. (so we'll say body heat)

Ojon Ultra Hydrating Conditioner

I know many on the board (according to my searches) like this. I've wanted to try it for a long time. It has a good ingredient list. The smell is rather unique. It's not a bad smell, but not necessarily a smell I'd want to walk around with. It's not subtle either.

It's a medium-creamy consistency. I can't say that there was much slip. It left me with a lot of detangling work to do. Sometimes this isn't the case if a conditioner is left on for a shorter amount of time. So, don't count it out because of this if you are interested in trying it. I also believe it was time for me to clarify when I used this so this could have been part of the detangling issue as well.

My hair dried feeling slightly coated. (maybe because I needed to clarify) This conditioner passes my moisture test with a C.

I will not repurchase this. In fact, I am going to return it. Main reasons are because of the scent and the price tag($22)--I have used better products for less $$.

Sexy Hair Concepts Pumpkin Masque

This masque is all the rave on Makeupalley. It is thick and a bright orange/peach color. It smells really nice too. There is nothing that really stands out to me in the ingredient list, but the product is not choc full of cones or anything like that. It does contain pumpkin puree and a protein which I think is soy protein.

The slip was good, not "my hair could comb itself" good, but not much effort was needed to detangle afterwards.

This one passed my moisture test with a B-. I don't think this would become a staple of mine. It didn't do anything amazing or extraordinary for $25. YES $25! It was fun to try, but I'll be returning this also.

Avon Planet Spa Shea Butter Masque

I was expecting great things from this masque. I have been eyeing it on their website for a while. I ordered two of them. I loved the consistency and the smell of the product. It has a subtle honey/butterscotch scent. It does have one cone in the ingredients, sixth on the list. The slip was decent, about the same as the Pumpkin masque.

So, how did it do? Well, this one fails my moisture test horribly. My hair didn't feel moisturized at all. :nono: Humecto, which I don't really care for, moisturizes way better than this did. So, I won't be using this one again. It goes into the shaving cream conversion chamber! :lol:

Regis Olive Oil Hair Masque
This is also another product that is highly raved over on MUA. So I decided to try it. I have heard of it for a while, but never desired to try it. Olive oil just doesn't turn me on. I prefer avocado oil over olive any day. It just so happens that in the ingredients of this masque, avocado comes before olive oil--how 'bout that! The product looks exactly like vanilla pudding, maybe slightly thicker. There are no cones in the product by the way, which I thought was pretty impressive. The smell is a nice, subtle fresh fruity smell like a fruit smoothie or something--not overpowering at all. Slip was moderate to good.

Well this one passed my moisture test with an A! I see myself being a repeat purchaser of this product.

I realize that I have become a very picky consumer when it comes to hair products. I have a PJ history and the more you've tried, the harder you are to please because there's so much to compare to. :)

ETA: How funny--I forgot to review one. (so obviously it was forgettable!)

Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner--this is available online only

The smell was good. It was a medium to thin consistency. It comes in a jar and seems to spread very well and so the jar would last a while. The slip was average. It did not pass my moisture test. (but I did need to clarify) I won't repurchase. There are comparable and better products that I can find without having to order on line.

Last edited:

gymfreak336

Thanks for your reviews. I was going to try that mask too but I think I need to get to a Regis....

Your last statement is the truth!

Isis

Thank you Supergirl for this information. It's helps to know that Regis Olive Oil Hair Masque is a moisturizing conditioner good for our hair and worth investing in. :up:

wheezy807

Supergirl, i've never heard of regis olive oil hair masque, is it only sold online? If so, what site did you get it from?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Supergirl, i've never heard of regis olive oil hair masque, is it only sold online? If so, what site did you get it from?

It is sold in Regis salons. This would include Smart Style salons (in Wal-Mart) Style America salons.

wheezy807

I got one more question. Referring to the good conditioner thread, do you think if i were to "test" a good conditioner will adding my infusium23 leave in(for detangkling purposes) after the rinse interfere with my results?

AshCash

Cosigning on the Regis Olive Oil Mask. This week I picked up a set of the conditioner, shampoo and mask for this line ($19.95). I love all three products. Great slip and moisture. My hair feels clean and not does not feel coated at all. I can't wait to try the leave in conditioner.

PuffyBrown

Thanks!

I will put this on the Regis on my list of condishers to try out. Glad it worked out for you.

I am sooo surprised about the Ojon. I have been looking at it and almost bought it at Ulta last weekend.(glad I didnt). I wasnt impressed by the smell either. I thought it stank that was one reason I guess I did jump all over it when I had the chance.

good looking out!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I got one more question. Referring to the good conditioner thread, do you think if i were to "test" a good conditioner will adding my infusium23 leave in(for detangkling purposes) after the rinse interfere with my results?

When you're "testing" don't use any other product after the conditioner your testing. On future uses of it, you can though. :up:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Cosigning on the Regis Olive Oil Mask. This week I picked up a set of the conditioner, shampoo and mask for this line ($19.95). I love all three products. Great slip and moisture. My hair feels clean and not does not feel coated at all. I can't wait to try the leave in conditioner.

They have a leave-in? :shocked:

tbaby_8

The Regis Leave In Conditioner(LIC) is ok. I use it when I rollerset. It has a nice smell to it. To me it doesn't have alot of slip with it. (IMO)