I Have a Question?

Nice & Wavy

How many of you witness to people the Gospel of Jesus Christ on a regular basis?

And in witnessing to them, did they make a choice to accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior?

When was the last time you have done this?

Do you do this on a regular basis or have you never led someone to Jesus at all?

Just curious.

For the record, the reason I'm asking is because as believers, we have a Ministry of Reconciliation.

19"All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us."

Thanks in advance!

Caramela

Yes I do minister (plant seeds) on a regular basis. I don't worry about what happens to the information I give after it's delivered. That's up to God to give the increase 1 Cor 3:7 :yep:

Nice & Wavy

Yes I do minister (plant seeds) on a regular basis. I don't worry about what happens to the information I give after it's delivered. That's up to God to give the increase 1 Cor 3:7 :yep:

Why not? As disciples of Jesus Christ, shouldn't we be concerned about the whole person and not just the part?

Thanks in advance!

Mocha5

No. I'm being convicted about this too. I plant seeds all the time. People have told me that they feel differently about God as a result of something I've shared or done or a conversation we've had. But I've nerer take it any further. Can you shed some light (pun intended) on it or maybe share some of your experiences?

Nice & Wavy

No. I'm being convicted about this too. I plant seeds all the time. People have told me that they feel differently about God as a result of something I've shared or done or a conversation we've had. But I've nerer take it any further. Can you shed some light (pun intended) on it or maybe share some of your experiences?

Sure I can.

About a week ago, I was in the supermarket and saw someone that I was familiar with, but never talked to. (You know when you see someone at one time or another but you both never said anything.)

Anyways, she said hello and I did as well. I said to her "What is your name"? and she gave it to me. That started a conversation. We talked about how we see each other all the time, but never said anything to each other and how people need to do that more often, etc.

Well, I asked her what type of work she does and she told me then asked the same. I shared with her what I do and she seemed really interested when I told her that I was also a pastor. She begin to tell me that she used to go to church when she was a kid...etc. I begin to talk to her about Jesus Christ and how much He loves her and wants to have a relationship with her...to get to know her.

I shared all the dynamics one would share about Jesus and then I gave her some scriptures of what she would need to do to be saved: John 3:16, Acts 4:12, Romans 10: 9-13 to name a few. I then asked her would she like to give her life to Christ, with assurance that she would have eternal life with God. She accepted and I proceeded to lead her into a prayer of salvation.

It was a wonderful experience for the both of us. We both cried because I know that we both knew that God brought us together for a special purpose and that purpose changed her life!

It's something that forever changes me, no matter how many times I do it. I love doing the work, for it is His Will to work in me and do His good pleasure!!

Blessings.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
How many of you witness to people the Gospel of Jesus Christ on a regular basis?

And in witnessing to them, did they make a choice to accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior?

When was the last time you have done this?

Do you do this on a regular basis or have you never led someone to Jesus at all?

Just curious.

For the record, the reason I'm asking is because as believers, we have a Ministry of Reconciliation.

19"All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us."

Thanks in advance!
Good question ... Great Thread topic and needed.

I have to admit that I do not purpose to go out each day to win souls. Yet, God always has His way and someone comes into my path and the ministry begins.

It's never the same conversation, but somehow, it ends up with the Lord and His love for us being the focus and always the answer. I follow as God leads. God has used me to bring in many precious souls. I can't say that I have brought them in because if it were up to me, I would avoid it at all costs.

Now why would I say this? Because it takes a heart and a love greater than me to set out each day with this purpose in mind and agenda. I love sharing the Lord with people, but not all wish to hear it; not all wish to commit; not all want Jesus.

Yet, instead of giving up, I've surrendered my will to the Lord to use me each day to His glory and not mine. To use His word and His love in me each day, to give Him the person/persons that He is reaching out to. I allow God to flow through me in His love inhancing mine for I do indeed love people and want only God's best for them in this life and after.

This I call an honor, that God would still find me usable for such a harvest to bring in those whom He loves, which is all mankind. :love3:

Mocha5

Good question ... Great Thread topic and needed.

I have to admit that I do not purpose to go out each day to win souls. Yet, God always has His way and someone comes into my path and the ministry begins.

It's never the same conversation, but somehow, it ends up with the Lord and His love for us being the focus and always the answer. I follow as God leads. God has used me to bring in many precious souls. I can't say that I have brought them in because if it were up to me, I would avoid it at all costs.

Now why would I say this? Because it takes a heart and a love greater than me to set out each day with this purpose in mind and agenda. I love sharing the Lord with people, but not all wish to hear it; not all wish to commit; not all want Jesus.

Yet, instead of giving up, I've surrendered my will to the Lord to use me each day to His glory and not mine. To use His word and His love in me each day, to give Him the person/persons that He is reaching out to. I allow God to flow through me in His love inhancing mine for I do indeed love people and want only God's best for them in this life and after.

This I call an honor, that God would still find me usable for such a harvest to bring in those whom He loves, which is all mankind. :love3:

I truly think that this is what holds me back. But I also think God calls us to those who are probably open and ready. Just like the lady Nice witnessed too and led to salvation. Those people who are in need of Him and truly yearning for something (Britney Spears comes to mind). I pray that the Lord sens someone to her. So I guess the first is always the hardest. I'll let yall know when I have it. :look: Funny cause my pastor has laely been talking about this exact thing A LOT lately. I think he about to toss our butts out in the streets somewhere and make us lead some souls to Christ...:look: I'm sooooo not ready to get off the couch. I on't care what you say, Shimmie!! :hide:

ETA: Thanks Nice! Great story! I feel like I need a Witnessing 101 class followed up by Leading Others to Christ 102. :bookworm: Nice???

Last edited:

Caramela

Why not? As disciples of Jesus Christ, shouldn't we be concerned about the whole person and not just the part?

Thanks in advance!

Concerned, yes. Worried, no. As men and women, we cannot "save" someone or "bring someone to the church". We are merely instruments which Christ uses to plant his seeds. Read the parable Matthew Chapter 13 about the sower and the seeds.
When we throw out the seed or word of God, we can't be tillers of the ground it falls upon. If the seed doesn't grow, we shouldn't take that personally. Only Christ has the ability to call a man to him.
Once you've planted the seed, your work is done.

And as in 1Cor 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth anything, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

I can't form the seed (that's already done by Christ in his Word), I can't analyze or change the soil (the person to which the seed is thrown), and I can't predict or influence the weather in any way.

My job is to learn. Become a better Christian. Cleave closer to God. And throw out God's seed. God will take care of the rest.:yep:

Nice & Wavy

Concerned, yes. Worried, no. As men and women, we cannot "save" someone or "bring someone to the church". We are merely instruments which Christ uses to plant his seeds. Read the parable Matthew Chapter 13 about the sower and the seeds.
When we throw out the seed or word of God, we can't be tillers of the ground it falls upon. If the seed doesn't grow, we shouldn't take that personally. Only Christ has the ability to call a man to him.
Once you've planted the seed, your work is done.

And as in 1Cor 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth anything, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

I can't form the seed (that's already done by Christ in his Word), I can't analyze or change the soil (the person to which the seed is thrown), and I can't predict or influence the weather in any way.

My job is to learn. Become a better Christian. Cleave closer to God. And throw out God's seed. God will take care of the rest.:yep:

Ok then. I understand completely. Thanks for the input.

Shimmie

Staff member
I truly think that this is what holds me back. But I also think God calls us to those who are probably open and ready. Just like the lady Nice witnessed too and led to salvation. Those people who are in need of Him and truly yearning for something (Britney Spears comes to mind). I pray that the Lord sens someone to her. So I guess the first is always the hardest. I'll let yall know when I have it. :look: Funny cause my pastor has laely been talking about this exact thing A LOT lately. I think he about to toss our butts out in the streets somewhere and make us lead some souls to Christ...:look:

I'm sooooo not ready to get off the couch. I on't care what you say, Shimmie!! :hide:

ETA: Thanks Nice! Great story! I feel like I need a Witnessing 101 class followed up by Leading Others to Christ 102. :bookworm: Nice???
Mocha and Wavy...

Ok...here's my experience. My first Pastor would have 'round-ups'. Yes, round-ups. The entire Church would gather on a given Saturday or week night and we'd hit the streets and the neighborhood parks and yes...even 'The Block', the Strip where the prostitutes, strippers, etc., etc, etc.

And little Shimmie was a powerhouse. I did not care who it was, I'd grab them (yep :yep: grab) and minister in love God's word and lead them to the Lord. I have to admit, it was awesome, scary and fun all at the same time. I don't know where the 'boldness' in me came from, except from Jesus. And it was always the big guys that God would lead me to and God moved, I mean God moved these big men to Salvation.

But here's the thing, I never 'set' out to do this and I still don't. God just uses me. It's never planned, neither scripted. It's always a different flow with each individual and God simply uses me to have His way. I'm just yielded and ready. I love it. Yes, I love it, because it's not me, but God love in me that moves me to act so boldly no matter the size or gender.

I have to come back tomorrow and tell you about "Keith." You are going to love my true story.

Sweet Mocha, you're not the only one on the 'couch', I'm still there, but I just jump off and let God have His way.

Precious Wavy, I can't thank you enough for starting this thread. Because I'm able to 'see' where I am. God is using you to get us to see the vital importance of being 'soul' minded and souly focued upon more than ourselves. Someone cared enough to lead us to Jesus. So how can we not extend the line of love and hope and be continous fishers of men. Our nets are empty and need to be filled.

Thanks again Nice and Wavy :kiss:

Ummmm Mocha, I see you, peek-a-boo....:kiss:

Mocha5

Mocha and Wavy...

Ok...here's my experience. My first Pastor would have 'round-ups'. Yes, round-ups. The entire Church would gather on a given Saturday or week night and we'd hit the streets and the neighborhood parks and yes...even 'The Block', the Strip where the prostitutes, strippers, etc., etc, etc.

And little Shimmie was a powerhouse. I did not care who it was, I'd grab them (yep :yep: grab) and minister in love God's word and lead them to the Lord. I have to admit, it was awesome, scary and fun all at the same time. I don't know where the 'boldness' in me came from, except from Jesus. And it was always the big guys that God would lead me to and God moved, I mean God moved these big men to Salvation.

But here's the thing, I never 'set' out to do this and I still don't. God just uses me. It's never planned, neither scripted. It's always a different flow with each individual and God simply uses me to have His way. I'm just yielded and ready. I love it. Yes, I love it, because it's not me, but God love in me that moves me to act so boldly no matter the size or gender.

I have to come back tomorrow and tell you about "Keith." You are going to love my true story.

Sweet Mocha, you're not the only one on the 'couch', I'm still there, but I just jump off and let God have His way.

Precious Wavy, I can't thank you enough for starting this thread. Because I'm able to 'see' where I am. God is using you to get us to see the vital importance of being 'soul' minded and souly focued upon more than ourselves. Someone cared enough to lead us to Jesus. So how can we not extend the line of love and hope and be continous fishers of men. Our nets are empty and need to be filled.

Wow! That's it. Cause I got a big ol' empty net over here. :nono: I can't wait to hear ablout Keith. :yep:

Nice & Wavy

I truly think that this is what holds me back. But I also think God calls us to those who are probably open and ready. Just like the lady Nice witnessed too and led to salvation. Those people who are in need of Him and truly yearning for something (Britney Spears comes to mind). I pray that the Lord sens someone to her. So I guess the first is always the hardest. I'll let yall know when I have it. :look: Funny cause my pastor has laely been talking about this exact thing A LOT lately. I think he about to toss our butts out in the streets somewhere and make us lead some souls to Christ...:look: I'm sooooo not ready to get off the couch. I on't care what you say, Shimmie!! :hide:

Thanks, Mocha. You are such a blessing...making me laugh and all that.

I think what happens too is that some people may feel that someone else got that, and I will keep doing what I'm doing. However, WE ALL HAVE BEEN CALLED to do this. Just like anything else, when we learn how, it becomes easy and a true blessing all at the same time.

We do it every time we open our mouths here on the forum too. Witnessing is just that...being a witness to what the Lord has done in you and helping those that are not a witness, become one.

I remember when I first began to talk about Jesus to people on the street. I was so nervous...and yes, some people didn't want to talk and till this day, still. But, there are so many people that do...it's amazing how they are soooooo ready to hear the truth, in love.

When my dh and I were on a cruise a few years ago, we were in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. I was in the jacuzzi and my dh was laying nearby on the lounge chair, just enjoying the sites. A couple came into the pool and we begin to talk...just about the ship, activities, etc....nothing big or anything. Then, out of the blue, the husband began to talk about church and that he was a catholic and how he feels so blessed to be able to experience the cruise in his lifetime. He asked me what I thought, etc. Well, that was the opportunity for me and I took it. By the time I was finished, they both gave their life to Christ, and then the young lady who was listening nearby, (I didn't know she was, dh told me) she came and asked could I help her get to know Jesus. She gave her life right there on the spot...no hesitation. People were looking and wondering, but those people got saved that day in the middle of the ocean, and I wasn't even expecting that. I was just trying to get my jacuzzi on! But, God always places us in position to minister His Word, in season and out of season.

That is just one other example of how people are so ready. The bible says "the harvest are ripe, but the laborers are few."

I did not start this thread for people to feel convicted or anything like that. Please, I don't want anyone to get me wrong about this thread. I just sincerely wanted to know, that's all.

Well, I've written another book...did'nt mean to do that at all.

The story of Jesus and His message of Love is the best story ever told. That's what you share....and God's Holy Spirit does the rest, He just uses you to do the work.

We are His workmanship, recreated in Christ Jesus unto Good Works.

I'm so happy you responded though...I just wanted to hear from those who are on the CF....nothing special, just a thread I never seen before so I thought I would ask.

I do teach classes on how to lead people to Christ. It's a good class too...we laugh alot and its funny how all of us are so alike in so many ways. We all have different experiences, yet...still the same.

Luv ya!

Nice & Wavy

Mocha and Wavy...

Oh, sis....thanks for sharing your testimony. I love to hear the story of changed lives and how God, Our Father, uses us so differently, yet the same. The goal is the same...leading others to Him.

I appreciate you so much. When you said that someone cared enough to lead US to Jesus, how can we NOT extend the line of LOVE and HOPE and be continous fishers of men...our nets are empty and need to be filled, that made me burst out in tears because that's how I feel inside everyday. It's just in me....I can't help it. I was born to minister His Word. He knew it from the foundations of the earth...even when satan was trying to kill me in my mothers womb. When I was trying to come into the world, he wrapped that umblicial cord around my neck, choking me to death and I was breach birth, with my buttocks coming out. satan was trying to kill me...but, God had other plans. He caused that doctor (who was a beautiful, black woman by the way) to reach her hands inside my mother, took that cord from around my neck and turned me around...I was born and satan couldn't stop me.

All my life, sis...I had to fight. In school, with my brothers, near my home...satan always tried to stop me...but, God. He is my shield and buckler, the horn of my salvation. He keeps me in the palms of His hands and everytime He looks at His hands, He sees my face!

Thank you, again.

Now, ummmm....who's Keith? :grin:

Mocha5

So Nice (notice I've left the Wavy off as of late, Mami?) ummm...err..when did you say Leading Others to Christ 101 starts? It is autumn. Time for harvesting. I got a brand new pad I just picked up from Family Dollar to take notes. :yep: Please hurry before my pastor puts me out on the streets. :blush: Shoot! I wanna lead some folks to Chirist too in the middle of the ocean and stuff...:yep:

Nice & Wavy

So Nice (notice I've left the Wavy off as of late, Mami?) ummm...err..when did you say Leading Others to Christ 101 starts? It is autumn. Time for harvesting. I got a brand new pad I just picked up from Family Dollar to take notes. :yep: Please hurry before my pastor puts me out on the streets. :blush: Shoot! I wanna lead some folks to Chirist too in the middle of the ocean and stuff...:yep:

Girl, you are too funny! I'm going to hit you off soon. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Shimmie

Staff member
Wow! That's it. Cause I got a big ol' empty net over here. :nono: I can't wait to hear ablout Keith. :yep:
I just rinsed the conditioner out of my hair so....

This is dedicated to Precious Wavy and Sweet Mocha.... :love3:

Keith...

I commute to work via train/bus. One morning I was in my 'Shimmie' Zone. I like to be still and quiet during my commute for it's a time that I cherish before arriving to the office. (Okay, so I'm one of those people who don't like to talk in the morning :look:) :rolleyes:

As I was sitting in "Shimmie mode", I could smell cigarettes and alcohol behind me and after being 'disturbed' by this 'fragrance' I began to gather my travel bag and move to another isolated seat. (Yep :yep: that's me pre-coffee decaf) in the early morning.

As I rose out of seat, I turned to the back and saw this man in and out of sleep in a seat behind me. I sat back down for it was something about him that turned my heart from "Shimmie mode" to Jesus mode. I no longer smelled alcohol and cigarettes...I saw a man who had a heart.

I looked at him and asked him, "Are you okay?" He replied, "I've been out all night and I'm just tired." I began to chide him for being out on a work night and let alone drinking and smoking. He agreed that he had done the wrong thing.

I couldn't pull myself away from him. I asked him what his name was, he said, Keith. I told him my name and we just began to talk about work and his family. Keith had a young son and he was not married.

As we were talking, I asked him "If your were to die today or tomorrow, where would you go?" He answered, "I don't know." I asked him, "Keith, do you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior?" He shook his head and said no. I asked him if he would like to have a personal relatisonship with Jesus. He looked at me with the softest, brown eyes and there was a light in them as if he had been waiting for someone to pray for him. Right there, on the back of the bus we bowed our heads and prayed and Keith invited Jesus into his heart and to take over his life.

He also allowed me to pray and rebuke the spirit of alcohol and cigarettes from his life. It was awesome.

About two weeks later, I was at the bus stop and this man came up to me and said, 'Do you remember me?' I looked up, came out of "Shimmie mode" and smiled, and said, "Hey, I remember you, Your name is Keith and we prayed together. Keith shared that he was no longer drinking since the prayer and that he felt much, much better.

About a week later, I went to a grocery store located near my office to get some items for breakfast and lunch that day. I was just walking through the store down the pretzel aisle, in total 'Shimmie mode', and I heard someone running to catch up with me.

Well, it was Keith. Yes, Keith. He was dressed all in white from head to ankle (his shoes were black) :lol: Keith was all happy and excited. He shared with me that since we prayed that a lot of good things have happened for him. Keith was promoted on his job at the grocery store from clerk, to manager of the meat department...:woot: Praise God. And all he did was continue to give credit to the prayers and to the Lord. He shared with me that he told all of his friends about me and the prayer. Everyone was wondering about the change in Keith's life. The wonderful change is Jesus.

I haven't seen him in years, but I believe in my heart that Keith is doing just fine in Jesus. For that was God's plan and I don't leave my 'Shimmie mode' in vain...:rolleyes:

And that's how God uses me. I open my heart to the Lord to be used each day and I love it. Still in 'Shimmie mode', but I don't mind coming out it for Jesus and His love for reaching another person's life. Praise the name and the love of Jesus.

Wavy and Mocha...I am a WITNESS for Jesus Christ and His love and sacrifice for all of us. :heart2:

Now ain't God good? :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Oh, sis....thanks for sharing your testimony. I love to hear the story of changed lives and how God, Our Father, uses us so differently, yet the same. The goal is the same...leading others to Him.

I appreciate you so much. When you said that someone cared enough to lead US to Jesus, how can we NOT extend the line of LOVE and HOPE and be continous fishers of men...our nets are empty and need to be filled, that made me burst out in tears because that's how I feel inside everyday. It's just in me....I can't help it. I was born to minister His Word. He knew it from the foundations of the earth...even when satan was trying to kill me in my mothers womb. When I was trying to come into the world, he wrapped that umblicial cord around my neck, choking me to death and I was breach birth, with my buttocks coming out. satan was trying to kill me...but, God had other plans. He caused that doctor (who was a beautiful, black woman by the way) to reach her hands inside my mother, took that cord from around my neck and turned me around...I was born and satan couldn't stop me.

All my life, sis...I had to fight. In school, with my brothers, near my home...satan always tried to stop me...but, God. He is my shield and buckler, the horn of my salvation. He keeps me in the palms of His hands and everytime He looks at His hands, He sees my face!

Thank you, again.

Now, ummmm....who's Keith? :grin:
Praise God for your life and the hands of God that delivered you, literally in birth...Praise God All Mighty...Jesus. You gave me chills and tears :cry4:

I too know about having to fight...

"All my life I had to fight, I loves Harpo, but I'll kill him dead if he tries to hit me.'...(sorry Nice...I had to add that...too much Madea/Tyler Perry) :rolleyes:

Bottomline...satan will die before his time if he tries to mess with us. We love no devils and have no truck in stomping him to the ground and under.

As for Keith...I just posted the story. You'll be so proud of me.

Attention Ms. Mocha....

Girl, you had me looking all through this thread for a post by someone named 'Nice' and I thought I had used too much hair conditioner...cause I didn't 'see' the name. :drunk::spinning: Lawd chile...had me all confused up and stuff. :lol:

Nowww, that I finally know....:rolleyes: Precious Wavy is quite Nice and she's our precious sister keeping us in line.

Night, night angels. I'll see you both in the morning. :sleep: Sweet sleep to everyone. :bighug:

Nice & Wavy

I just rinsed the conditioner out of my hair so....

This is dedicated to Precious Wavy and Sweet Mocha.... :love3:

Keith...

I commute to work via train/bus. One morning I was in my 'Shimmie' Zone. I like to be still and quiet during my commute for it's a time that I cherish before arriving to the office. (Okay, so I'm one of those people who don't like to talk in the morning :look:) :rolleyes:

As I was sitting in "Shimmie mode", I could smell cigarettes and alcohol behind me and after being 'disturbed' by this 'fragrance' I began to gather my travel bag and move to another isolated seat. (Yep :yep: that's me pre-coffee decaf) in the early morning.

As I rose out of seat, I turned to the back and saw this man in and out of sleep in a seat behind me. I sat back down for it was something about him that turned my heart from "Shimmie mode" to Jesus mode. I no longer smelled alcohol and cigarettes...I saw a man who had a heart.

I looked at him and asked him, "Are you okay?" He replied, "I've been out all night and I'm just tired." I began to chide him for being out on a work night and let alone drinking and smoking. He agreed that he had done the wrong thing.

I couldn't pull myself away from him. I asked him what his name was, he said, Keith. I told him my name and we just began to talk about work and his family. Keith had a young son and he was not married.

As we were talking, I asked him "If your were to die today or tomorrow, where would you go?" He answered, "I don't know." I asked him, "Keith, do you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior?" He shook his head and said no. I asked him if he would like to have a personal relatisonship with Jesus. He looked at me with the softest, brown eyes and there was a light in them as if he had been waiting for someone to pray for him. Right there, on the back of the bus we bowed our heads and prayed and Keith invited Jesus into his heart and to take over his life.

He also allowed me to pray and rebuke the spirit of alcohol and cigarettes from his life. It was awesome.

About two weeks later, I was at the bus stop and this man came up to me and said, 'Do you remember me?' I looked up, came out of "Shimmie mode" and smiled, and said, "Hey, I remember you, Your name is Keith and we prayed together. Keith shared that he was no longer drinking since the prayer and that he felt much, much better.

About a week later, I went to a grocery store located near my office to get some items for breakfast and lunch that day. I was just walking through the store down the pretzel aisle, in total 'Shimmie mode', and I heard someone running to catch up with me.

Well, it was Keith. Yes, Keith. He was dressed all in white from head to ankle (his shoes were black) :lol: Keith was all happy and excited. He shared with me that since we prayed that a lot of good things have happened for him. Keith was promoted on his job at the grocery store from clerk, to manager of the meat department...:woot: Praise God. And all he did was continue to give credit to the prayers and to the Lord. He shared with me that he told all of his friends about me and the prayer. Everyone was wondering about the change in Keith's life. The wonderful change is Jesus.

I haven't seen him in years, but I believe in my heart that Keith is doing just fine in Jesus. For that was God's plan and I don't leave my 'Shimmie mode' in vain...:rolleyes:

And that's how God uses me. I open my heart to the Lord to be used each day and I love it. Still in 'Shimmie mode', but I don't mind coming out it for Jesus and His love for reaching another person's life. Praise the name and the love of Jesus.

Wavy and Mocha...I am a WITNESS for Jesus Christ and His love and sacrifice for all of us. :heart2:

Now ain't God good? :yep:

That was an awesome testimony, Shimmie. Thank you for sharing about "Keith". I love this....awesome!

God is good!!!!!:yep:

Nice & Wavy

Praise God for your life and the hands of God that delivered you, literally in birth...Praise God All Mighty...Jesus. You gave me chills and tears :cry4:

I too know about having to fight...

"All my life I had to fight, I loves Harpo, but I'll kill him dead if he tries to hit me.'...(sorry Nice...I had to add that...too much Madea/Tyler Perry) :rolleyes:

Bottomline...satan will die before his time if he tries to mess with us. We love no devils and have no truck in stomping him to the ground and under.

As for Keith...I just posted the story. You'll be so proud of me.

Attention Ms. Mocha....

Girl, you had me looking all through this thread for a post by someone named 'Nice' and I thought I had used too much hair conditioner...cause I didn't 'see' the name. :drunk::spinning: Lawd chile...had me all confused up and stuff. :lol:

Nowww, that I finally know....:rolleyes: Precious Wavy is quite Nice and she's our precious sister keeping us in line.

Night, night angels. I'll see you both in the morning. :sleep: Sweet sleep to everyone. :bighug:
Now, sis...you know you had me spit my ice on my computer right????

That was funny right there!

And yes....I am proud of you...and Mocha too!!!

You two are the bestest!!!:bighug:

Mocha5

So I'm off to sleep after that testimony, Ms. Shimmie. No conditioner in my eyes...just a bunch of tears. God is awesome. Sho do wonder where Keith is now though. The way God works, he might own that grocery store!

Yeah, Nice is no longer Wavy due to her trip to the Dominican salon. :grin:

Nice & Wavy

So I'm off to sleep after that testimony, Ms. Shimmie. No conditioner in my eyes...just a bunch of tears. God is awesome. Sho do wonder where Keith is now though. The way God works, he might own that grocery store!

Yeah, Nice is no longer Wavy due to her trip to the Dominican salon. :grin:

You still up too? I finally have been able to answer a few emails and stuff. Girl, I have got to get to bed!

Ummm....the waves are still there :yep:...they are just hidein' behind the silky straightness....:grin: I'm already starting to revert....humidity is rising in NY.

klb120475

Okay, here's my experience on this topic. I can't say that I do this daily, but just about everyday....:yep:

Ya'll I'm so excited about being called outta darkness into His marvelous light, I can't keep Him to myself. So yes, I do make a conscience effort to tell people (folks I know, strangers...whoever) about Jesus. Salvation is available to us all, why be selfish and not share the gift?

I especially luv street ministry.:love3:

Shimmie

Staff member
You still up too? I finally have been able to answer a few emails and stuff. Girl, I have got to get to bed!

Ummm....the waves are still there :yep:...they are just hidein' behind the silky straightness....:grin: I'm already starting to revert....humidity is rising in NY.
Good Morning my Darlins'.... I love you both :bighug: I love all of the angels here...:yep:

I'm coming out of Shimmie mode just for you.... :lol:

I have more testimonies to share. God has and is still using me for so many lives which have been changed. Here's another story...

During my Commute on the Morning/Evening Train...

There was a woman, (beautiful goddess size) about in her early 50's (still young :yep:) who always walked with a cane, and I knew she was in pain the way she walked and winced with each step. It always took me out of Shimmie mode when I saw her, and I wanted so much to just hold her and pray God's healing power all over her life. I just felt 'bad' each time I'd see her.

One evening about 3 years ago, I saw her as we're getting off of the train and heading for the escalator to the 'down' platform. I allowed her to go ahead of me and as I stood behind her, I prayed, "Lord please show me what to do." As she walked I could literally 'sense' her pain with each step she took and all I could do was 'care' about what she was going through.

I watched her head for her car in the handicap parking area of the train station which was located about 25 feet from the escalator exit. I maintained a distance and then I called out, "Hi, may I pray for you?"

She looked up at me and frowned, but I gave her a gentle smile and asked her again, "May I pray for you? I noticed you in pain, may I pray?" She nodded, sat down at the driver's seat and allowed me to approach her. I asked if I could hold her hand, she agreed, we bowed our heads and I prayed for her healing. She thanked me, although she was frowning, I knew it was from the pain she was going through. I smiled, said 'God Bless you' and then I left to go home.

For over 2 years after the prayer, I still watched this woman through all kinds of weather, cold, rainy, bitter winds and snow, yes the hot summers, she still walked with a cane and in pain. Her walk was always tilted to her left side; she had trouble standing up straight. And I continued to 'care' and I would quietly pray for her in silence.

About a year ago, I was on the platform waiting for the train, and I noticed this bright and happy smile and a woman walking with a pep in her step. I mean this lady was 'walking all cute and everything" :yep:

It was her! The lady with the cane. Her hair was all done up in a flully soft under curl, she was just smiling and she did not have her CANE! The cane was gone! She was walking on her own. And all I could do was just smile and give God glory.

The thing is, she doesn't recognize me and I'm NOT offended because this is not about me, but about God and His work and His glory, not mine. I am only His vessel that He flows through. I love it...:yep:

She smiles when she sees me and it always brings me out of "Shimmie mode", I smile right back, but I leave her alone. She has what she needs right now, a new life and a new walk and a new talk. She gives God the glory, I can see and feel it in her eyes and in her smile.

The Lord is in control here. I'm just blessed to see His work in people's lives all over this earth.

Nice and Mocha...I love this life that we live. I love prayer and the power that God so graciously gives us and flows through us. It's not our power but His and it is miraculous that He is even able to use us to His glory. I love being a Christian. Yes, we have challenges, but who doesn't. The difference is that we have Jesus in all that we endure and we are always at peace in this life which He has given us.

Welll, I have more stories...all true. Yes, I am always in "Shimmie mode" but it's still a joy to come out and be a blessing to someone who needs to feel and be loved. I don't mind leaving my quiet time (Shimmie mode) to love someone. For I have been given much...:love3:

I love you.... :kiss:

____________---

I had to fix my typos.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Good Morning my Darlins'.... I love you both :bighug: I love all of the angels here...:yep:

I'm coming out of Shimmie mode just for you.... :lol:

I have more testimonies to share. God has and is still using me for so many lives which have been changed. Here's another story...

During my Commute on the Morning/Evening Train...

There was a woman, (beautiful goddess size) about in her early 50's (still young :yep:) who always walked with a cane, and I knew she was in pain the way she walked and winced with each step. It always took me out of Shimmie mode when I saw her, and I wanted so much to just hold her and pray God's healing power all over her life. I just felt 'bad' each time I'd see her.

One evening about 3 years ago, I saw her as we're getting off of the train and heading for the escalator to the 'down' platform. I allowed her to go ahead of me and as I stood behind her, I prayed, "Lord please show me what to do." As she walked I could literally 'sense' her pain with each step she took and all I could do was 'care' about what she was going through.

I watched her head for her car in the handicap parking area of the train station which was located about 25 feet from the escalator exit. I maintained a distance and then I called out, "Hi, may I pray for you?"

She looked up at me and frowned, but I gave her a gentle smile and asked her again, "May I pray for you? I noticed you in pain, may I pray?" She nodded, sat down at the driver's seat and allowed me to approach her. I asked if I could hold her hand, she agreed, we bowed our heads and I prayed for her healing. She thanked me, although she was frowning, I knew it was from the pain she was going through. I smiled, said 'God Bless you' and then I left to go home.

For over 2 years after the prayer, I still watched this woman through all kinds of weather, cold, rainy, bitter winds and snow, yes the hot summers, she still walked with a cane and in pain. Her walk was always tilted to her left side; she had trouble standing up straight. And I continued to 'care' and I would quietly pray for her in silence.

About a year ago, I was on the platform waiting for the train, and I noticed this bright and happy smile and a woman walking with a pep in her step. I mean this lady was 'walking all cute and everything" :yep:

It was her! The lady with the cane. Her hair was all done up in a flully soft under curl, she was just smiling and she did not have her CANE! The cane was gone! She was walking on her own. And all I could do was just smile and give God glory.

The thing is, she doesn't recognize me and I'm NOT offended because this is not about me, but about God and His work and His glory, not mine. I am only His vessel that He flows through. I love it...:yep:

She smiles when she sees me and it always brings me out of "Shimmie mode", I smile right back, but I leave her alone. She has what she needs right now, a new life and a new walk and a new talk. She gives God the glory, I can see and feel it in her eyes and in her smile.

The Lord is in control here. I'm just blessed to see His work in people's lives all over this earth.

Nice and Mocha...
I love this life that we live. I love prayer and the power that God so graciously gives us and flows through us. It's not our power but His and it is miraculous that He is even able to use us to His glory. I love being a Christian. Yes, we have challenges, but who doesn't. The difference is that we have Jesus in all that we endure and we are always at peace in this life which He has given us.
Welll, I have more stories...all true. Yes, I am always in "Shimmie mode" but it's still a joy to come out and be a blessing to someone who needs to feel and be loved. I don't mind leaving my quiet time (Shimmie mode) to love someone. For I have been given much...:love3:

I love you.... :kiss:

____________---

I had to fix my typos.... :rolleyes:

Isn't this life the best? I love it too and wouldn't change or go another way for nothing in this world!

I love you too, sis!

Nice & Wavy

Okay, here's my experience on this topic. I can't say that I do this daily, but just about everyday....:yep:

Ya'll I'm so excited about being called outta darkness into His marvelous light, I can't keep Him to myself. So yes, I do make a conscience effort to tell people (folks I know, strangers...whoever) about Jesus. Salvation is available to us all, why be selfish and not share the gift?

I especially luv street ministry.:love3:

Hey girl, I didn't see your post before.

I didn't know you luv street ministry? I do as well. I've met so many friends doing street ministry!

kbragg

Hey Nice, is that course online yet?:grin: This topic is so near and dear to my heart because sadly it seems everything under the sun is being preached from the pulpit EXCEPT personal evangelism. I would like to know how I can line myself up for more opportunites to witness to others (stay at home mom, 1 car, work at home, etc.) Any tips for me.

Actually, it has been my earnest prayer that God use me and he has been (usually when I'm not "in the mood" lol) For example, in my business I talk to lots of people on a daily and weekly basis and am always on the look out for opportunities to share my faith. Recently a friend of mine, a former Pastor sent me an IM asking if he could call me. I was in "Shimmie Mode" and didn't feel like talking, but he was persistant. Well, I took the call. Turned out that his wife had left him and was planning on marrying another man, even after he left his church behind to move to Florida and support her career. Angry, he turned to alchohol. Well, a bout a year ago, when I worked in a company with him, I used to have weekly prayer calls for my team. He remembered them and asked me to pray for him. We prayed together and he's been clean since and is fighting for reconcilliation with his wife.

Another time, I met a woman who I was able to lead to Christ. Actually she was looking at my business and we clicked right away. Well our conversation swung from the natural to the Spiritual, and next thing you know, we're praying together.

Another time a woman who was on a different team than me was suffering from alchoholism and I was able to speak to her about Christ and since that was my first experience in witnessing to someone I actually 3 wayed in my mom to pray for her lol and she got saved.

Right now though I have an unquenchable thirst to witness to others face to face but I have a little shyness thing going on (Yes ME:lol:) but God is helping me talk more to live bodies. I want to be used by Him so bad, especially after I read Revolution In World Missions (www.gfa.org it's free). To read about the passion of those in India dying for Christ, how can you not get fired up!? He's placed a burden on my heart to see souls saved.:yep:

Nice & Wavy

Hey Nice, is that course online yet?:grin: This topic is so near and dear to my heart because sadly it seems everything under the sun is being preached from the pulpit EXCEPT personal evangelism. I would like to know how I can line myself up for more opportunites to witness to others (stay at home mom, 1 car, work at home, etc.) Any tips for me.

Actually, it has been my earnest prayer that God use me and he has been (usually when I'm not "in the mood" lol) For example, in my business I talk to lots of people on a daily and weekly basis and am always on the look out for opportunities to share my faith. Recently a friend of mine, a former Pastor sent me an IM asking if he could call me. I was in "Shimmie Mode" and didn't feel like talking, but he was persistant. Well, I took the call. Turned out that his wife had left him and was planning on marrying another man, even after he left his church behind to move to Florida and support her career. Angry, he turned to alchohol. Well, a bout a year ago, when I worked in a company with him, I used to have weekly prayer calls for my team. He remembered them and asked me to pray for him. We prayed together and he's been clean since and is fighting for reconcilliation with his wife.

Another time, I met a woman who I was able to lead to Christ. Actually she was looking at my business and we clicked right away. Well our conversation swung from the natural to the Spiritual, and next thing you know, we're praying together.

Another time a woman who was on a different team than me was suffering from alchoholism and I was able to speak to her about Christ and since that was my first experience in witnessing to someone I actually 3 wayed in my mom to pray for her lol and she got saved.

Right now though I have an unquenchable thirst to witness to others face to face but I have a little shyness thing going on (Yes ME:lol:) but God is helping me talk more to live bodies. I want to be used by Him so bad, especially after I read Revolution In World Missions (www.gfa.org it's free). To read about the passion of those in India dying for Christ, how can you not get fired up!? He's placed a burden on my heart to see souls saved.:yep:

Hey kbragg,

Wow, you are already on a roll. Sounds like you have an evangelistic zeal in you anyway....and that's awesome.

Because I was asked this more than once, I'm going to start a new thread on Evangelism, so hopefully that will help to answer your question and help place you in a good position to go about doing it without being shy.

Blessings!

ETA: Give me a little while. I'm going to put something together this week and do a little course on Evangelism. I am going to have to type everything out in Word and then put it here. Hopefully, it can become a sticky...:yep:

Last edited: