I *Heart* Olive Oil!

mw138

This weekend I did a deep conditioning/pre-poo treatment with EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). I just saturated my hair with the oil, covered it with a disposable plastic shower cap and a towel, and let it sit for an hour.

I then got in the shower, rinsed it out, shampooed, and conditioned. After adding my leave-in (Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream :love:), I rollerset my hair. Oh my goodness! My hair is so soft! I still can't stop touching it days later.

I think I'm going to implement this into my normal regimen!

P.S. Be careful when rinsing out the oil in the shower because it makes the shower floor very slippery!

Taina

This is what i usually do as a pre-poo. I love it, i add EVOO to all my mixtures, use by itself or waterver, i just love it

mw138

I read about other ladies using olive oil as a treatment here, so I want to say thank you! I think I will start adding a little olive oil to my regular shampoo and conditioner as well!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

OrangeMoon

Maybe I've been doing it all wrong but after I put on my deep conditioner I pour warm olive on my head, plastic cap and sit under the dryer for like 20 minutes....my hair feels good but maybe I do the olive oil before the washing and all that. Thanks!!:wallbash:

ceebee3

Maybe I've been doing it all wrong but after I put on my deep conditioner I pour warm olive on my head, plastic cap and sit under the dryer for like 20 minutes....my hair feels good but maybe I do the olive oil before the washing and all that. Thanks!!:wallbash:

That's not wrong, I use it like that also. It has many uses. I even mix some into my conditioner sometimes. I use it to oil my scalp before a relaxer also.

OrangeMoon

That's not wrong, I use it like that also. It has many uses. I even mix some into my conditioner sometimes. I use it to oil my scalp before a relaxer also.

Thanks ceebee3!!! I know I've been on LHCF for a while but I thought I was doing something wrong. Cool beans I'll continue on with my love for olive oil. :grin: I start using it on my scalp as well.

upliftedjw

OMG!! I LOOOOOVVEE :love4: EVOO as a prepoo! I tried to use EVCO as a prepoo as well but it did not compare to the results of EVOO. Im happy the results came out great for u!

chebaby

i just started using olive oil on my hair by itself. it used to make my hair hard by itself but now if i do overnight treatment with it my hair becomes so soft. i guess i love it too.

Reecie

EVOO is my LOVE. :love4::love4::love4:

You guys have been missing out if you don't incorporate this weekly or make it a staple product. This has helped turned my hair around for the better. Healthy, soft, and strong. I love it!!

Caramel74

Olive oil works great as a pre poo/deep conditioner. My hair was really dry and frizzy and I don't want to cut it. I conditioner washed my hair. Then I applied Infusium leave-in conditioner and sealed it with EVOO and Olive miracle anti-breakage formula, and put it in a wet bun. After a half a day I took the bun out and put it in a braid and slept with the braid. In the morning I took the braid out. My hair was greasy so that's why it's works well as a pre poo. My hair must have soaked up what it needed because that rough dry feeling was gone even after the shampoo. I'm now doing my wash and go. I do those at least once a week so my hair isn't constantly in a bun.