I joined the church on Sunday!

nicki23

I am so happy and at peace right now. I know that this is where God wants me to be. A couple of months ago I had posted about how to meet people when starting at a new church. I have always suffered from extreme shyness and anxiety when meeting new people. However, through prayer (my own and those of others), I managed to start attending services and I have been truly blessed. I have met so many new people I can't even remember everyone's names. I have already finished new member classes and have been attending Bible study each week. This past Sunday there was a fellowship hour for new members. I was anxious about going for two days prior, only because I didn't know if I'd be able to come out of my shell. But the fellowship was so much fun! We played Bible games, ate some good food and basically got to know new people. My fear and anxiety seemed to dissipate once I walked in the door and I know that it was only with God's help that I conquered that spirit of fear. Check this out. One of hospitality committee members asked if I wouldn't mind welcoming the visitors to our church in two weeks. As in standing in front of the congregation (approx. 500 members) and welcoming the visitors. Before I knew it I had said yes. Now that is something that I would have never volunteered for. But I was thinking that maybe God is doing a work in me and showing me that I can rely on him when I am afraid. In any event I'm going to do the welcome and I'm already nervous but I know that with God I can do anything. I just wanted to share because I feel so blessed and things are really looking up for me right now.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
good job
i also feel wierd about meeting folks for some reason
i've been contemplating taking that stroll down the aisle
but a guy invited me to church so i want to make sure if i join that
its for the right reason.