I Just GOTTA Have It!!!!

Carlie

My styling products that is! :rofl:

I don't know about y'all but when I do my hair everyday, I usually find myself using the same products with a little variety here and there. Sometimes you just need a certain product to get that special little effect...sometimes you just know that your hair wouldn't be as healthy as it is if you didn't use that certain product...sometimes you just know that you couldn't stretch your relaxers or make your hair look decent without these products, etc.

So, ladies....
Inquiring minds would like to know:
When it comes to your daily styling products, what products can you just NOT do without???

What product have you developed a relationship with? Tell us about it...

Last edited:

Carlie

O.K. /images/graemlins/look.gif I'll start off... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The 1st thing that comes to mind is SCurl! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I probably use this more than any other product. Now that I've found out it's benefits to the hair, I don't think I could ever go without it. If I hadn't discovered SCurl, I really don't believe I would've been able to keep my ends healthy/unsplit for so long! Also, with all of this new growth, I've discovered it's detangling properties...my new growth loves it too. /images/graemlins/up.gif

I'll add more as they come to me...

webby

Think Slim
My current gotta haves are:

Nexxus therhapix
Nexxus Emergencee
Sebastian Penetrait

Will be surging soon

Carlie

I really think I'll be trying the Nexxus Emergencee before my next touchup. With this much ng, I was looking for an alternative to Aphogee, that delivered just as well. I just read about it on the nexxus site and it sounds pretty impressive. Thanks Webby. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carlie

More Gotta Haves:

- Salerm 21 (it's the 1st thing I reach for after I wash my hair)
- Elasta QP Silk (I'll never do a rollerset without it!) /images/graemlins/love.gif
- Organics Leave-In Liquid Hair Mayonaisse (can we say silky?) /images/graemlins/love.gif That's how it makes my hair...it helps to strengthen the hair and leaves it so soft and it adds shine too! /images/graemlins/up.gif

Kiadodie

[ QUOTE ]
O.K. /images/graemlins/look.gif I'll start off... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The 1st thing that comes to mind is SCurl! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I probably use this more than any other product. Now that I've found out it's benefits to the hair, I don't think I could ever go without it. If I hadn't discovered SCurl, I really don't believe I would've been able to keep my ends healthy/unsplit for so long! Also, with all of this new growth, I've discovered it's detangling properties...my new growth loves it too. /images/graemlins/up.gif

I'll add more as they come to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about that. I acutally finished my bottle of
S-curl which is a miracle for me cause I rarely finish anything I buy without trying something else.
I also feel like that w/ Aphogee. Keeps my hair healthy & strong /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carlie

Hey Allandra, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I'm using the SCurl "No Drip" Activator Moisturizer Spray. How is the gel? Does it moisturize the hair as well or does it work like a typical gel?

Allandra

I can't compare the two since I haven't used the spray. However, the SCurl gel did well at moisturizing my hair (not like a typical gel at all imo).

Carlie

Oh yeah...How could I forget my hair lotions...these are a must! I like either Elasta QP Recovery or B&B Oil Moisturizers (I add oils to both).

Whenever my hair is styled w. heat (ex: rollerset at touchup time), I gotta have me some Fantasia IC Hair Polisher! /images/graemlins/love.gif

Ok, I think I'm done. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Carlie

[ QUOTE ]
Now you've got me interested in the spray! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people really underestimate how good this stuff is! You know, when my hair sheds, I usually examine each strand (I know, way too much time on my hands) and I've been noticing that the bottom halves of the strands are sooo much more thicker than the top half. I believe this is because I generally just spray the SCurl on my hair that's going into the bun (approx. from the ear down). I'm thinkin' I should use this on more of my hair now. I tried to get a pic of my hair strand, lol, but it didn't come out clear enough.

Desert Skye

i cant live without mega care's shea butter oil it keeps my hair so moisturized
kera care humecto
nexxus humectress

without these i would look like /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

DelightfulFlame

Paul Mitchell-The Detangler
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner and Intensive Emollient
Baking soda (gets hair clean and keeps shampoo itchies away!)
Apple Cider Vinegar rinse (same as above, but also adds sheen)
Abba Nourishing Leave In

Tracy

For me on a STYLING tip, it's:

John Frieda Dream Curls
Ouidad Climate Control Gel (I use it for curls AND to slick my hair back now when I wear a bun)
Serum. The KIND doesn't matter as much (although I'm back on the NTM bandwagon right now) as long as it's light.

I AM missing Keracare Silken Seal a lot lately. It's the best serum for wearing my hair curly. Th curls just form better with this.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Carlie,

You're good at this thread starting thing! I have too many "gotta have its" to list. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Carlie

[ QUOTE ]
Carlie,

You're good at this thread starting thing! I have too many "gotta have its" to list. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif Come on Supergirl.. /images/graemlins/poke.gif ...just throw us a crumb?!
Your fellow PJs are waiting...got my feet on the gas! /images/graemlins/driver.gif

LABETT

These are a few of my favorites
Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat and heatglide for flatironing
Alfaparf Semi Di Lino serum is a must for rollerset and very special occasions
Sta So Fro to keep hair moisturzied following airdrying
Lacio Lacio and Salerm 21 for general styling

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Carlie,

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif Come on Supergirl.. /images/graemlins/poke.gif ...just throw us a crumb?!
Your fellow PJs are waiting...got my feet on the gas! /images/graemlins/driver.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay: I guess I'd say--

Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In
Profectiv Break Free
Oil (jojoba or a mixed oil that comes prepared like Keracare oil)
Joico K-Pak Serum
Design Essentials Silk Essentials

Chaya

[ QUOTE ]
These are a few of my favorites
Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat and heatglide for flatironing
Alfaparf Semi Di Lino serum is a must for rollerset and very special occasions
Lacio Lacio and Salerm 21 for general styling

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay are you my secret hair care product twin /images/graemlins/sekret.gif or WHAT?!?! I have to agree
I must have my lacio lacio and smooth down heat treat for styling my hair. I must add to that olive oil which I use for my roller sets. I am going to try that semi di lino serum VERY SOON!!!

candibaby

Nexxus Therappe, Humectress, Keraphix, Ensure
ORS Carrot Oil
ORS Olive Oil Sheen
Sta Sof Fro
Nu Expressions Diamond Shine
B&B Oil It UP

those are actually the only products i use. hehe /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Britt

I am really hooked on S-Curl for the past few months. I love how it makes my new growth feel. When I really need a touch-up I spray it about 2-3 times a week and my hair is a lot more manageable.

Nay

My Liv hair creme. If I was on a deserted island with nothing but water, my K-Cutter, and my Liv, I would be able to style my hair /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carlie

[ QUOTE ]
I am really hooked on S-Curl for the past few months. I love how it makes my new growth feel. When I really need a touch-up I spray it about 2-3 times a week and my hair is a lot more manageable.

[/ QUOTE ]
You and me both! /images/graemlins/love.gif BTW, your hair is absolutely beautiful! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Aisha

I really Like BedHead's ChocolateHead..it is a strong protein treatment that doesn't stink(unlike Aphogee) plus my hair is very resilent w/no damage
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the conditoning solution by Alter Ego
pic below
http://store.sickbay.biz/alegoincoso1.html
This is excellent for a soft and shiny rollerset..I was surprised that it works so well, very light
Kenra's MC is excellent
NTM Moisturing Conditioner is excellent!

My regime is so simple now that I may have to start positioning things to trade because I have been slacking on my hair as of late...