• I add butters.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I add other. (please explain)

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I add to all my products.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I add to some of my products.

Votes: 52 37.7%
  • I haven’t used a product without adding something first.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I do not add anything to my products.

Votes: 66 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoingNatural

I use products as they are. I'm too lazy to make all the concoctions that are recommended on this board--and too cheap (dollars add up). My hair really isn't too picky.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I only add oil and honey to my DC, because I think it really hard to find a decent one. All my other products are all natural and don't need the add ins

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I add oils and honey to my moisturizing DC, whenever I remember. Just so that I can get that stuff out the way....I need to find out what to add my molasses to.

Libra08

I voted oils, but I also add honey to my conditioner. My hair always comes out stronger, shinier, and more moisturized when I do this.

MA2010

I used to add all kinds of stuff like honey and different oils. My hair was like no thanks. Now I just use stuff as is. My only add ins are to my Mega Tek mix.

Muse

Now that I have your attention! :grin:

Who uses hair products without adding oils, butters,honey,sulfur,etc?

It seems like everytime I read product reviews from grease to relaxers, somebody's added "a lil bit of this" and "a pinch of that".

Now being real, I only add stuff to watery conditioners that when used 'raw' don't work in my hair. But for the most part, my staple products are those that I can put undiluted on my hair and keep it moving. I kind of feel like, if I have to become a Master Mixtress to get a product to work on my hair then it's a worthless product.

Also, do you try using your products on their own first before adding an oil/butter or is it a given that 'all products need a lil something'?

Just bein nosey! :wink2:

TIA

ITA. I also feel that mixing other things might cut down on the product's effectiveness. I NEVER mix.

justNikki

I add olive oil to some conditioners that I use as DTs and I add coconut oil to unrefined shea butter. I find this to be a cheaper alternative than trying new product after new product. I know what works well for my hair.

Last edited:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I cannot concentrate due to your title. Love your cat, LOL!!!!!!! :lachen:

What was the question again? Something about oil(s).

glam-

JCoily, you are a trip- this title!

I voted no, because in general I don't add to my products- the only time I do is if it it really, really isn't working for me. In fact, I had two products that weren't working and so I tried to salvage them by mixing them and adding some other oils, etc. Guess what- they still didn't work, so some products are just a loss. I bite the bullet and move on.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

My staples don't need anything added to them, they work lovely alone. But, I noticed that my hair had a bangin' shine when I was using conditioners that needed a little help or I just for being extra was adding honey and EVOO to every DC I used, even pre poo's. So I just started back adding oils and honey to my staples, I miss my hair looking wet when it was completely dry. That shine I use to have needs to come back and that was without adding any leavin's and stuff.

basic64

It can be dificult to find a perfect product. I just got tired of trying so many moisterizers I decided to make my own with Vegetable Glycerin and water. Simple and It worked better than anything i ever bought. Start with 1/2 glys and 1/2 water then If its too heavy just add more water.

PlatinumBronze

Living my life like its Platinum!
You got my attention, lol!

I prefer a product that works great alone, however, I occasionally add to my conditioners to enhance their performance (plus I'm trying to get rid of a lot of hair oils).

LadyPaniolo

I only mix two things:

1. I add honey and EVOO to henna, it makes it so much more moisturizing. :yep:
2. I mix Infusium 23, braid spray, tea tree oil and water to make a moisturizing spray.

As far as shampoos and conditioners, I don't bother doing all that. Maybe if I have already determined that a product isn't that great and I just want to use it up and not waste my money, I'll try to doctor it up in hopes of improving its performance on my hair... it's better than just chucking it out.

SimpleKomplexity

I don't add anything to my products but I may start doing so. My Humecto cost $35 and now it's not working like how I would ike...I think Ima add soe evoo and maybe some SAA when I get some to doctor it up

amara11

I don't add anything.

If I want to make my own concoction I will- but in general, I let the product do "what it do".

Leeda.the.Paladin

LOL@ the title!

I sometimes will add oils or yogurt to my DCs and water to some of my thicker conditioners. But usually I just use the products alone.

Lovestyr

i loveeeee WGO because i try and stratch out my relaxers till at least 12 weeks . and i use wgo every day my hair is very thick and it sucks up anything i put on it .lol i add shea butter , jojoba , almond , and jasmine oil to it . i occasionally mix it up with different oils. but , this works for me . since usiong this combo . my beautician is lecturing me about my hair growing so fast and that i need to relax sooner . i dont listen of course. :grin:

Lei*Lei

I use my products as is. I use to use olive oil along with my dc, but now i just either do a deep conditon by itself and i use the olive oil as a hot oil treatment another day.