I just realized...I honestly don't know how long/short my hair is!

so1913

I really have no clue. I haven't worn it straight in well over a year....I have no clue how these layers fall when it's not in it's natural state (I know it's SUPPOSED to be cut to fall nicely when straightened)....the last two times it was blown out was for the cuts, and that was temporary, so I didn't get a good look then at the length, plus it wasn't completely straight and smoothed out via flat iron/press to see the full length.

Ah well....even though I'm curious, I simply just don't feel like straightening it to figure it out, lol. Two reasons....laziness, lol, and a I can't picture myself with straight hair anymore...I think I'd look wierd, lol.

Has anyone else not straightened their hair in a very looooong time? Do you not know how long your hair is?

Deniece

Natural Beauty
I also haven't straightened my hair in a long time...and the last time I did..I put it right up in a flat twist updo...w/ a curly twistout so I don't know either...I actually really like my hair in it's natural state alot more than when I was pressing...and I have gotten used to my hair not looking long till you pull a twist...lol

Ayeshia

lol you know I dont know. I have yet to see my hair completely straight and its been almost three years. A blow out is the closest thing to str8 hair for me :lol: I dont even stretch my hair anymore. I give up :lol:

Cichelle

I haven't straightened my hair, either. I just stretch it to see how long it is if I want to do a length check. I do sometimes get curious about how long or short it would look if I straightened it. But the one thing that stops me is I am a chicken. I'm really in no mood for ruining my hair just to see how long it is. And no doubt, if I pressed it, I'd be here writing one of those posts entitled: HELP! I pressed my hair and now it's permanently straight!

ravenmerlita

I guess I'm the oddball -- I do straighten my hair out just to see the length... and then I'm afraid that it won't go back curly so I usually wash it again within a few hours.

so1913

Cichelle said:
I haven't straightened my hair, either. I just stretch it to see how long it is if I want to do a length check. I do sometimes get curious about how long or short it would look if I straightened it. But the one thing that stops me is I am a chicken. I'm really in no mood for ruining my hair just to see how long it is. And no doubt, if I pressed it, I'd be here writing one of those posts entitled: HELP! I pressed my hair and now it's permanently straight!

That's another factor for me as well, especially since I experienced it myself during my transition :(

Brownie

I haven't worn my hair straight in years. I do pull strands down my back though when my hair is really wet. I probably would be mortified to see what my hair looked like straight. I don't think it would be even because I cut off my texturized ends myself a while back. I might straighten/flat iron one day, but I'm not in a hurry. I have a preference for curly/textured hair on me.

LiLi

I don't know how long my hair is either. I have over two years worth of new growth with relaxed ends and I haven't straightened my hair since November. And then, it was only a small section. I think I will straighten the same section this weekend just to see how long that section is now.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm relaxed but I had to come in and post how beautiful your hair is so1913!!! If I were to go natural, your hair is what mine wants to be when it grows up! :p

K, I'm done hijacking. sorry. :)

Country gal

I pull strands out all the time to see the length. I was doing that today with my SO gushing about how long it was. :lol: He knows I have a sick obsession with hair. So1913 and Ayeshia, I am guesstimating (sp) that your hair is at least almost bra length. My hair in the back is past my shoulders when stretched.

so1913

Country gal said:
I pull strands out all the time to see the length. I was doing that today with my SO gushing about how long it was. :lol: He knows I have a sick obsession with hair. So1913 and Ayeshia, I am guesstimating (sp) that your hair is at least almost bra length. My hair in the back is past my shoulders when stretched.

Oh no...I WISH it were that long. I pull and test out pieces, but i have different lengths all over now, it's hard picture the true length of my hair all around, if that makes sense?

I mean, I'm not stressed about it, if I were, I would have straigthened it by now, lol. I think my hair in the back may be about as long as yours ;)

luvlylibra22

I have not straightened since BCing almost a year ago but I'm pretty sure if I did my hair would be an uneven mess. Did my own BC. :D

plove

luvlylibra22 said:
I have not straightened since BCing almost a year ago but I'm pretty sure if I did my hair would be an uneven mess. Did my own BC. :D

Girl I did my own BC too and i know my hair is not even but I"m OK with it.
I press smell strands of my hair to check length but i don't know how long it's right now because I have box braids in my hair that i put in back in April and i don't plan on taken them out until Nov and I'm in the hide your hair till Christmas challenge so i won't find out until Dec.

Last edited:

Country gal

so1913 said:
Oh no...I WISH it were that long. I pull and test out pieces, but i have different lengths all over now, it's hard picture the true length of my hair all around, if that makes sense?

I mean, I'm not stressed about it, if I were, I would have straigthened it by now, lol. I think my hair in the back may be about as long as yours ;)

Really, you think so. My hair doesn't lay down like you hair. It just shrinks up so bad. I wish I could show length like in your picture.

thickness

I haven't straightened my hair in years also, but when I stretch the strands out they range anywhere from 14-16 inches ( need to change my signature!)....I just prefer my hair curly and in its natural state because the last time I pressed, I was too scared to do ANY thing to mess up my $90 hairdo. It was just too much obssessing over not sweating my hair out, so to avoid all that I just keep it curly.