I just want to say.....

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
that I am glad that other black women are actually interested in growing their hair. MOST black women I know do NOT want their hair to grow.

My sister's hair grows fast and is beautiful with natural brown highlights to compliment the rest of her dark hair. She HATES long hair. She was literally cut her hair to her ears and it grew back to past her shoulders again within maybe 3 months. She does not appreciate it at all. The "hairs" of a snail grow faster than mine!!

Anyway, just glad that I am not the only black girl in the world who actually wants to let my hair grow....most women I know would rather be near bald and wear weave the rest of their lives....anyway, glad I am not insane here!!

GinuwinesBoo

yeah we are pretty crazy

keke

I dont thikn it is that black women dont WANT long hari cause i remember maaaany years of elementary and even some black women now who'd love to have some longer hair. I think it has to do with not knowing what to do with that hair and not knowing how to grow it that long and taking care of it that they dont want it long. Plus i believe most dont think their hair can grow long anyway. I use to have the thinking, as alot of bw i know do, is that any black woman you see that has long hair that is middle of her back on down then she is mixed, so alot give up.

NapturalGlory

yes i concur. black women generally WANT long hair but don't know how to get it. it all depends on how you care for your hair and your family genes. some hair grows long no matter what, relaxer or not. other hair breaks easily, grows slowly, etc so there is more of a challenge there.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
In response to

Poster: PittGirl06
My sister's hair grows fast and is beautiful with natural brown highlights to compliment the rest of her dark hair. She HATES long hair. She was literally cut her hair to her ears and it grew back to past her shoulders again within maybe 3 months. She does not appreciate it at all. The "hairs" of a snail grow faster than mine!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey...How does your sister care for her hair? How come yours doesnt grow like hers? I'm interested in what she does