I know why left side is thin

dicapr

Yesterday after washing my hair I was upset to see that my left side in the back of my hair was still thin. Every where else my hair looked thick and healthy, and the left back side looked thinner and weaker. I realized that even though I had been gentle with my hair, I was still putting stress on my left side. This side was always twisted to put in a twist, roll, claw, or pulled more in a pony tail. I am going to not twist my hair while putting it up for 3 months starting this Friday after my touch-up. I'll let everyone know I this indeed fixes the thin side problem.

foxybrownsugar

I think stress/tension has been breaking my niece's hair off too. Lately, my sis has been putting big loose braids in and leaving it alone for a week or two until the next wash. Her breakage is at the nape.

sareca

My left side was thinning because of the prongs on my wedding ring. It's starting to thicken up now that I started taking it off before handling my hair.

KiniKakes

My right side was thinning considerably due to wrapping it (at night) in the same direction for over ten years.... Ive stopped wrapping since last August, and it has thickened up substantially. Thank the Lord for these hairboards. :) I was doing a heck of a lot of damage, and all the while totally clueless! *smh*