My left side is the whack side

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Is it possible for both sides of your head to have just about the same quality of hair? My right side is lush thick and grows fast, the left side is just horrendous. I had to cut off about an inch and a half off the right side last week due to the left side being crappy.

Can anyone recommend *1* vitamin/pill, etc I can take to help my hair grow faster. Also, besides massaging how can I get this left side to shape up? Even when I co wash and wear my shake and gos the right side looks great and the left,,err not so great. I can't wear them now because I feel bad.

shunta

Are you wrapping your hair at night? Because over time, some have experienced thinning on one side. I think you should take a good multivitamin, and maybe even hair vitamins to get that area to grow in. Drink lots of water, too. Water seems like a cure-all for everyting.;)

Last edited:

karezone

Yes my left side is whack too and it is from wrapping. Both sides are the same thickness, but the left requires more trims because of thin or split ends than the right. But it has decreased since I don't wrap as often anymore.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I would like to know any suggestions for this as well. I have the same problem, a whack left side. I just had to cut over 2 inches because of it *mad*. I'm doing everything I can now to keep it even.

MzOptimistic

*Bre~Bre* said:
Is it possible for both sides of your head to have just about the same quality of hair? My right side is lush thick and grows fast, the left side is just horrendous. I had to cut off about an inch and a half off the right side last week due to the left side being crappy.

Can anyone recommend *1* vitamin/pill, etc I can take to help my hair grow faster. Also, besides massaging how can I get this left side to shape up? Even when I co wash and wear my shake and gos the right side looks great and the left,,err not so great. I can't wear them now because I feel bad.

I'm just guessing. Is your left side your favorite side you sleep on? and Did you wear a silk scarf at night before joining? I love the right side of my hair also the left side is ok but I love the right side? weird.....Well the vitamins I take are: 2 Nioxin recharging complex, 2 primrose oil, Biotin 5,000 mcg, B50 complex....I just upped the dose on my Biotin to 5000...(I wonder why?) but this time I'm stretching for 12 weeks (never done it) and I'm currently 10 weeks and I think this time I am going to get 2 inches because this newgrowth is KRAZY...I know you said recommend 1...but I could not recommend one without putting everything I use. I see you put Mz. Peachez in your signature......"FRY THAT CHICKEN"

Last edited:

saqqara

*Bre~Bre* said:

This is sooooooooooo me!!! My left side is so dry and brittle but my right and the back grow faster and are a different texture. I hate it! I don't favor my left when I sleep either.:mad:

FAMUDva

*Bre~Bre* said:

Girl I'm there with ya! It's the right side that is wack for me! It's about 1 inch shorter than the left and after posing the question to the LHCF ladies, I came to the conclusion that it was my wrapping direction and occasional dominican blowouts.

I've stopped BOTH! Of course now, I'm protective styling through the fall, so I will not worry about one side being longer than the other now and will trim it up when I'm between APL and BSL. I've also started to MTG only one side of my head for now to see if I can get it to catch up a little bit.

_lovelyness

SAME problem here !! It drives me nuts !! the left side is crappy and waaay shorter ! Meanwhile the right side grows like weed ! It looked so ridiculous I had to cut my right side to even my hair because I couldn't wear it out !
I don't know what to do about it, and I don't wrap my hair either !

fattyfatfat

You ladies are my hair sisters! The left side of my hair as me like :eek: every time I look at it. Its so much thicker than the right side, but a lot shorter. I stopped wrapping my hair for a very long time and I still have this problem. I changed the side I sleep on and its not really any help. I cant put my hair into a ponytail because the left side sticks up and out. Since its so thick, it looks different than my right side. I dont know what to do :confused: .