I love Pincurls!!!

Mars_Reiko

Well, in an attempt to adjust my hair regimen for the warmer weather, I stumbled onto my now favorite hairstyle.

I use direct heat every 2 weeks to straighten my hair. Since it's getting warmer I wanted to cut down on the heat. I decided to go to the salon and get a roller set. It came out good, but the curls fell flat a couple hours later. Well, before bed I did some pincurls, for the first time. The next morning I took them out, and, man, it came out better than the $40 roller set I got just the day before. So, yes, I've fallen in love with pincurls:) Below are a few pics. More are in my fotki inside the April album.

IMGP0350.jpg

The actual rollerset about 4 hours later

IMGP0367.jpg

The pincurls the next morning

IMGP0377.jpg

Pincurls that night, last alot longer than the rollerset

Last edited:
Your pincurls turned out beautifully! :up: I too have been working with pincurls in recent months and I really love how turn out and that I can sleep comfortably in them.:)

Your hair looks great. I see what I've been doing wrong, I need to make more pin curls.

OT: What color and brand of lipstick/lipgloss is that in the last picture? It is really pretty, and we are about the same complexion.

I just discovered pin curls myself back in Feb. love love love it. A so much easier and healthier way to set your hair.

Ahh, I see ya girl!! Your hair looks pretty. I can't wait to see you AND your hair when we go bowling!!!

MissVee said:
Your hair looks great. I see what I've been doing wrong, I need to make more pin curls.

OT: What color and brand of lipstick/lipgloss is that in the last picture? It is really pretty, and we are about the same complexion.

That color is glaze by Club Monaco. It's discontinued, but you can find it on ebay. The gloss over it is just some lipbalm.

MadisonK said:
umm..how do you pincurl? Do you do it on wet hair?​
thanks!​

I take a medium size section of hair (not too small or too big) and I twist the hair counter clockwise, then I wrap the hair clockwise in a cirlcle close to the scalp and clip it down with a duckbil clip. I usually do about 8 or 9 to get the curl I like.

Caramel55 said:
Looks very nice. You are very pretty too!

girl your hair is the exact length mine is right now :lol: literally right above my brastrap. here is something else you can try. instead of pincurling those 8 or 9 sections, try rolling them on your finger. I saw one of the stylists do this at the Dominican salon I go to and i have been hooked ever since. To roll on your fingers, take the hair and hold one index finger on top and another at the bottom. Bring the finger on top down to the bottom, taking thehair with it, and continiue rolling until you reach the scalp. secure with bobby pins or clips. A shortcut, which is how i usually do it cuz i'm lazy, is to put your hair up in a high ponytail and splittign the hair in two or three and doing the roll method with those peices instead.

Back