Notorious Pincurls! Guess I 4Got the Most Important ?

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Last night I applied a little Lacio Lacio and put about 12 pincurls in my hair, tied it up and went to bed. This morning, I woke up and my curls were absolutely beautiful:yep:. Looked like I just stepped out of salon. Ok, that was 8:30 a.m. It is now 9:45 a.m. and it looks like I’ll be playing the lead roll in the Color Purple:cantlook:. Now that I know how to do pincurls. How do you keep them? (Pic of my pincurls before the mishap in siggy)

I want to know too, I put my first set of pincurls in last night. I was completely clueless on if I even did them right.

I want to know too, I put my first set of pincurls in last night. I was completely clueless on if I even did them right.

I actually did the pincurls right, so I thought I was fly this morning, and now:wallbash:
Hopefully someone will save us from ourselves soon:perplexed

Did you use a serum? That would help with the poof factor because serums help to smooth and control your hair

Last edited:
Did you use a serum? That would help with the poof factor because serums help to smooth and control your hair

I used the Organix Coconut Serum at the end (about a dime size). Came out nice and shiny but the curls just didn’t hold long at all. I was cute for about an hour or so:ohwell:. Should I be using a setting lotion along with the Lacio Lacio when I do the pincurls?

Maybe you need to incorporate a soft hold product. Lacio Lacio and serum would both make your hair very shiny, but also kind of heavy, and that would help pull the curls downward.

I think a serum near your roots would help with poof, and then a curl milk like Tresemme touchable curls or even some diluted wrap lotion/foam on the bottom half would help.

Just go light on the holding stuff until you find the right balance. If you don't like either of those you could always try misting them with hairspray at night after you pin them up.

Maybe you need to incorporate a soft hold product. Lacio Lacio and serum would both make your hair very shiny, but also kind of heavy, and that would help pull the curls downward.

I think a serum near your roots would help with poof, and then a curl milk like Tresemme touchable curls or even some diluted wrap lotion/foam on the bottom half would help.

Just go light on the holding stuff until you find the right balance. If you don't like either of those you could always try misting them with hairspray at night after you pin them up.

Thanks. I'll try misting a little hairspray in my hair tonight when I pincurl to see if that helps with the hold. I've never heard of Tresemme touchable curls, but If I see that tonight, I'll pick some up. Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks. I'll try misting a little hairspray in my hair tonight when I pincurl to see if that helps with the hold. I've never heard of Tresemme touchable curls, but If I see that tonight, I'll pick some up. Thanks for your suggestions.

It comes in a small pump bottle and it's about $4.00. I've seen it at target, walmart, and walgreens. I don't like gel, and sometimes hairspray makes my hair sticky so I started using this on the ends of my braid outs before rolling.

Mousse or preferably a good hair spray with hold should keep them in place. I just finished putting some pin curls in myself.

It comes in a small pump bottle and it's about $4.00. I've seen it at target, walmart, and walgreens. I don't like gel, and sometimes hairspray makes my hair sticky so I started using this on the ends of my braid outs before rolling.

Thx. I'll let you know if it works for me.:yep:

My pin curls came out fabulous today. What I love about pin curling is it makes for such a structured look, and my curls have stayed in place all day whilst out in the heat!!

How tight were your pincurls? I always make mine a little bit tighter because I know that they will start to fall a little bit. This might help with everyone else's suggestions.

How tight were your pincurls? I always make mine a little bit tighter because I know that they will start to fall a little bit. This might help with everyone else's suggestions.

Yeah, I do fewer larger ones if I just want a little body and a subtle bump, and then more/tighter ones if I want more of a va-va-voom curls look.

My pin curls came out fabulous today. What I love about pin curling is it makes for such a structured look, and my curls have stayed in place all day whilst out in the heat!!

Thats Great! Your curls stayed ALL day? I think I'm jealous:look:. Did you use hairspray? I've been too scared to try it again after the last meltdown last week. The pincurls in my avatar came out good, but an hour later, it was all a dream:rolleyes:

curl your hair first with a ceramic curling iron and then pincurl it...it will last longer..that's what i do when i want it to last long.....it should stay curl for about a week depending on ur phiscal activity just pincurl everynight.

with mine i have found the smaller the section and tighter wound the longer the hold. will do them on dry hair add coconut oil when i take them down and then just finger comb of course i am sure you know already that too much manipulation will make them fall faster than a 300lb lady on a pole

with mine i have found the smaller the section and tighter wound the longer the hold. will do them on dry hair add coconut oil when i take them down and then just finger comb of course i am sure you know already that too much manipulation will make them fall faster than a 300lb lady on a pole
:blush::lachen::lachen:

Back