Wearing Pincurls After a Braidout

Isis

I haven't explored pincurling until now and I love it! After two days of wearing a braidout, I decided to pincurl my hair before going to bed - this was the night before last. I applied just a little Humectress throughout my hair, moisturized my ends with my Constant Care for Ends and made several pincurls (the flat kind) starting from the end and secured each with a Good Hair Days pin.

The next day, I took down the pincurls and was so surprised to see my hair with what looked like a rollerset! The braidout somehow was "smoothed out" by the pincurls and my hair looked like it just "got did". :lol: My hair was swinging too, probably more than usual on the third day since washing. I didn't really fingercomb, just fluffed it out a little.

I applied a little bit of serum, went out last night and received many compliments. My curls fell thoughout the day and evening and looked even prettier, like loose waves and slightly curled at the ends. Next time, I may keep my rollerset (I only use rollersets to airdry and smooth out my hair) and pincurl it to maintain it like some of you ladies do.

I had no idea I could go from a braidout to pincurls so easily, without having to wash and rollerset first. This can make a nice updo also. :scratchch Has anyone else tried this before?

Isis

leleepop said:
This is a good idea. I am gonna try this tonite.
Please share how it works for you. I was inspired by Balisi's pincurls (on her natural, pressed hair) earlier this year. The first time I tried it, I had bent ends and it didn't look right. This time it worked! :)