I need an honest review of Elucence shampoo and conditioner...pretty puhleeeeze!

ShiShiPooPoo

I am thinking of ordering the moisture shampoo and conditioner. Please give me your brutally honest reviews about these products. Some things that I would like to know are: What kind of lather does it yield (light or bursting with bubbles, etc.), does the poo leave your hair silky? Is the conditioner slippery? How do you use it for deep conditioning? You know, and anything else you want to add would be greatly appreciated! I am not going to order it if the general concensus is :nono2:

clever

I tried the moisture balancing conditioner and honestly it gets a nay from me.

It is very thick and concentrated(IMO)yet I didn't care for it as a contioner.I wanted to love it but I don't.

I wouldn't repurchase.

Affinity07

I love Elucence. The products are wonderful. The MB shampoo's lather is dense and creamy, yet it rinses clean and leaves the hair soft even after it has dried. The volume clarifying shampoo contains salicylic acid and removes buildup without stripping the hair of its moisture. If you're bad you could skip conditioning. That's how soft your hair will be. The conditioner is my magic weapon against tangles. The conditioner is medium thickness and it spreads well. It's light enough to be used as a leave in. My hair is very soft after rinsing. The Extended Moisture Repair conditioner is the perfect balance between moisture and protein. I use it ever so often and it's the only protein conditioner that doesn't leave my hair brittle. The hair is left soft yet strong with a healthy elasticity. HTH.

Evazhair

I have been using the elucence mb conditioner as a leave in. I dilute it and spray it on. It gives some slip, but not the slippiest. I use it to add moisture. I have tried it as a dc and I didn't care for it at all that way: little slip and seemed to make my hair hardish. It is moisture "balancing" which is not the same as moisturizing to me. It has helped my hair not to be dry after rollersetting when used with lacio lacio. It doesn't make my hair heavy. I lightly mist my hair with it immediately after rinsing my dc. HTH.

Rapunzel2B

I use the Volume Clarifying shampoo and I love it and I will definitely buy it again! I agree with Affinity07: "The volume clarifying shampoo contains salicylic acid and removes buildup without stripping the hair of its moisture. If you're bad you could skip conditioning. That's how soft your hair will be." Although, I do follow up with a conditioner. As far as the Moisture Balancing Conditioner, I have to say I won't buy it again. I felt is was just so so and didn't give great slip or moisture in my opinion.

Hope this helps

http://members.fotki.com/ckachinski/about/

justNikki

Well, personally I really love the conditioner, but I'm so so on the shampoo. It was still experiencing build up with it. The conditioner on the other hand is one of the best detangling conditioners I've ever used and I love how it leaves my hair feeling (I use it as a leave-in also). For DT, I'll add a nice amount of oilve oil (because my hair loves it) and DT with heat...just wonderful. For cowashing it works well, but I'm too cheap for that. It's also a great rinse out conditioner. I vote it best all around multi purpose conditioner.

I'm natural by the way.

Kurlee

I love the shampoo and coditioner! I have the gallon size bottle of shampoo, but i have been cw so much that I barely use it lately. However, I always get good results; soft, detangled clean hair that isn't stripped or dry feeling. The conditioner is really good, I just haven;t reordered it yet as I'm tryin gto use up what i have. I like it as a leave in. If you are going to order check out www.pleasantimage.com

star

I loved both Shampoo and Conditoner. This is a natural line my hair was always soft after the conditioner which has olive oil in it. Purchase the sample size I don't believe you will be disappointed.

Dposh167

I'm not really impressed with the conditioner. I did not like at as deep conditioner or as a leave-in. It was too heavy and greasy for my hair. It was okay:perplexed as a rinse out. even tho it's not really a cheap conditioner i'm gonna use it as one.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I thought I was the only one. Maybe my expectations were too high. I ordered the moisture poo and con and found nothing impressive about either. They smell good though.

angellazette

Loved the conditioner when I was transitioning! I would use it as a rinse out and leave in. The poo was too stripping for me.

angelface981

never tried the shampoo but i lovvvveee the conditioner!! i apply it to my hair after i shampoo, sit under the dryer for like 10mins to penetrate it and im good to go!

Lotus

I like just about all of the Elucence products, but I love the MB shampoo and the conditioner. I am addicted to the conditioner. I use it to dc, rise and leave in.

lydc

I have the Elucence MB Conditioner, MB Shampoo and the clarifying shampoo. The conditioner is really good, but by itself is not the best detangler so I mix it with Pantene Relaxed and Natural Conditioner. However, as a leave in, it does a great job.

The shampoos aren't the greatest, they definitely make my hair feel stripped. I believe that CON is better.

Last edited:

Gemini350z

I have the Elucence MB Conditioner, MB Shampoo and the clarifying shampoo.
I use these three products as well, and love them all.

The shampoo is good, you do not have to use alot. The conditioner is great as a rinse out and leave in. The Clarifying shampoo is great as well I use it about every two weeks.

scoobygirl

I've tried the shampoo and wasn't crazy about it. It dried my hair out more than normal so I probably wouldn't buy it separately. The moisture benefits conditioner was really good for instant detangling, and post wash softness and moisture, but after a couple of days I feel the moisture seems to disappear. However I would definitely buy this more often if I could get it in a store. The Instant Repair I didn't care for because my hair does not care for any kind of protein.

BTW: I'm relaxed 4a/b

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
The conditioner is wonderful. It has the most slip of anything I've used. I use it as a leave-in to help detangle and as soon as you apply it the tangles dissolve away. The shampoo I could do without. It has great lather and everything but it left my hair slightly stripped and had no slip. I like CON much better. IMO, you can't go wrong with the condish.

Britt

I've tried the poo several times and I think it's too drying ....
Now the MB is def. a staple, I've purchased the liter sized at least 5x already. However, I would not really categorize the MB as a deep conditioner. It can certainly be used as such, but it wouldn't be my main moisturizing deep conditioner. If your hair is healthy and already moisturized, then this is a great conditioner to add to your regimen, but as your main deep conditioner and your hair is on the dry side, i'd add something else.
What I like about this conditioner is it's verstaility, I've used it as a deep conditioner, a rinse out conditioner in the shower, condition wash, or even as a leave in :yep:. It's an all round good conditioner, but I wouldn't classify it as a 'treatment'.

BrownBetty

This is my staple line. I like the acidifying poo better than the moisturizing. Now the con is great... it doesn't have the most slip because I think it doesn't have any cones but it moisturizes like anyones business. Now when I mixing up Con this is usually the base. I also use it as a leave in, my hair loves it.

shunta

I agree with the posters who said that the shampoo was too drying--it almost feels like my hair has been clarified after I use the shampoo. I wanted to like it so bad because the poo smells soooo delicious. The conditioner is pretty good, tho. Actually, I need to place an order for more of the conditioner.

shunta

This is my staple line. I like the acidifying poo better than the moisturizing. Now the con is great... it doesn't have the most slip because I think it doesn't have any cones but it moisturizes like anyones business. Now when I mixing up Con this is usually the base. I also use it as a leave in, my hair loves it.

Exactly.:yep::yep:

gymfreak336

I was hoping I would see something positive about this. I am planning on getting this shampoo sometime within the next two weeks.

LABETT

I love both MB shampoo and conditioner,nothing gets my hair softer and moistured especially when new growth is rough.
I will never stop using these products.
The clarifying poo was just ok I need a stronger clarifying poo like Lanza Deepi Cleansing poothat really cleans the hair without stripping ,no sls.
I use the conditioners as a co wash and leave in and it leave my hair feeling like butter.

Hair Iam

I love Elucence. The products are wonderful. The MB shampoo's lather is dense and creamy, yet it rinses clean and leaves the hair soft even after it has dried. The volume clarifying shampoo contains salicylic acid and removes buildup without stripping the hair of its moisture. If you're bad you could skip conditioning. That's how soft your hair will be. The conditioner is my magic weapon against tangles. The conditioner is medium thickness and it spreads well. It's light enough to be used as a leave in. My hair is very soft after rinsing. The Extended Moisture Repair conditioner is the perfect balance between moisture and protein. I use it ever so often and it's the only protein conditioner that doesn't leave my hair brittle. The hair is left soft yet strong with a healthy elasticity. HTH.

This was a perfect review of the products ...this pretty much summarizes how I feel as well

Nice & Wavy

The conditioner is wonderful. It has the most slip of anything I've used. I use it as a leave-in to help detangle and as soon as you apply it the tangles dissolve away. The shampoo I could do without. It has great lather and everything but it left my hair slightly stripped and had no slip. I like CON much better. IMO, you can't go wrong with the condish.

ITA with this post regarding these products for my hair. The conditioner is the best and I use as a leave in as well.

The shampoo though is drying, that's why I still have almost a full bottle left and almost no conditioner...that tells a story right there.