I NEED HAIR HELP!!!!!!!

ManeVixen

I feel like my hair is healthier and grow faster when i use heat...when i do a wash in go i loose soooooooo much hair and my hairline is thinning and ive never had thinning edges:nono: i went natural to be able to wear my hair st8 and curly but curly becomes dry and brittle:wallbash: im cosidering becoming a straight natural if that make sense:ohwell:

Does any other naturals experience this and are there any threads you think could help....

thanks in advance:yep:

Juliagizzle

I have experienced this I guess. I press and curl frequently( but I'm going to stop for a while) My hair stylist said I get more split ends by wearing it curly natural. I dont really believe her but if you wear it wash and go I think braiding it up at night helps.( I wish I was able to do a nice french braid.) You might have to wear more protective styles when curly. Curls do dry out easily and are more delicate. I think it makes them even more fragile when using
heat a lot. I think its part of the reason my curls look a little dull now.

Do you wear tight pony tails or buns a lot when u do wash and go? That caused me to thin out at the crown and the middle of my hair. Also, do you have a hard time detangling when curly?

Last edited:

ManeVixen

I have experienced I guess I press and curl frequently( but I'm going to stop for a while) My hair stylist said I get more split ends by wearing it curly natural. I dont really believe her but if you wear it wash and go I think braiding it up at night helps.( I wish I was able to do a nice french braid.)

Do you wear tight pony tails or bund a lot when u do wash and go? That caused me to then out at the crown and the middle of my hair.

:yep::yep: normally i it in a ponytail because i cant be at work dripping water everywhere..i was actually gonna get through the summer by rollersetting, steaming and sew ins and revisit wearing it in its natural state in the spring..i may even get some 2 strands soon

Juliagizzle

Yeah If you wear it in a tight pony tail especially after it is wet..that can cause u to thin out at the hairline. Exaclty what happened to me too. esecially since that was the only style I knew how to do:nono: So def ease of those.
I need to practice how to rollerset..I do like to have it straight sometimes but I want to lay of the flat irons for a while.