I need some help!!!!

Sweetpea000

I've been a member for quite some time now, and I'm doing both the v chalenge and the stretching out relaxer chalenge. I'm in my fourth month and I can't seem to be able to even put my fingers through my hair(I'm a 4a4b). Could any of you give me some suggestions as to what conditioners or mosturizers I should use to be able to cope with these 2 clashing textures. I try to keep my hair in a bun for most of the time, but sometimes I kind of like to let it down in a wild do.I wash my hair with CON and use LeKair Cholesterol plus to mostureze. I just bought some humecto to see it it helps a bit, but haven't tried it yet. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks
antlers.gif

Have you tried applying some kind of creamy moisturizer to your new growth? ORS Carrot Oil or Healthy Hair Butter both work well.

I tried carrot oil, but it didn't do me any good. I had to stop doing my conditioner washes because the combing out is causing too much breakage. My goal is to go until December 20th until my next relaxer, but only if I can find something to tame the wild mane. Maybe I should buy this healthy hair butter that everyone seems to rave about.

Have you tried some hot oil treatments? That might help to soften the new growth. Castor oil and coconut oil are good ones

I do hot oil treatments before every shampoo. It helps maintaining my ends moist after the shampoo, but it's still way too hard to comb out. when my hair is freshly relaxed, It's very easy to comb, just with my con and cholesterol, but now, it just seems impossible!!!!
frown.gif

I may try the relaxed and natural also. Do you think that garnier fructisse may soften my new growth? I've never gone so long without a relaxer!

You're trying to weigh down the new growth so apply the shea butter only to the new growth and use a lighter moisturizer for the rest of your hair.

I am 4a/b and I am on week number 21 of my relaxer. A few weeks ago I purchased some raw unrefined shea butter. It stinks but does wonders with laying down my new growth. I only use it when I put my hair up. It is way to heavy to use if you are wearing your hair down. A few days ago I purchased the Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter and the combination of the two works great!! AND it lays my hair down ALL day. No other products could do that for me. Also with the unrefined shea butter once I put it in my hair I no longer smell it throughout the day. So finally after months of searching I have found the products I am looking for to help lay down my new growth. As this rate I can go 5 more months without a relaxer. I may just do that………….

I went 4 months before my last touchup and the humecto did nothing in those last weeks. I'd try some Africa's best hair mayo and/or curl activator on the new growth. I amm 4a/b relaxed/texturized.

i have 4a/b hair and the only thing that worked for me is the humecto. In fact, i'm going crazy right now trying to find some! I ran out and no one in my area carries it anymore...HELP!!!!

Thank you all for all those tips on how to tame my newgrowth. I apreciate all of your replies and will be heading to my bss as soon as I have some time off.
thanks you all!!!

Back