I need some style ideas

**Jade**

Ok ladies we all know how new I am to this and I'm clueless:grin: I mean for real i know nothing really. I need some new styles... I've got about 5 to 6 inches of new growth and it's been about 6 months since my last relaxer. I recently took out my braids (on thurs) and have been wearing a flat ironed style for the past couple of days... It's not to cute! My hair after a trim comes down to the base of my neck in the back and about ear length in the front (I can tuck it behind my ears) What do I do with this stuff?!! I saw the video for the Dr. Akbari (I think I just butchered the spelling of her name) curly fro and on the next wash day (thursday) after I do my second aphogee protein treatment (oh on another note is it true the first time you use it you're suppose to use it six washes in a row?). but what else can I do?

Thanks ladies ya'll have been great and I thank you so much for allyour help

ghanja

I never transitioned but I thought I would bump this for you. Perhaps others are having issues with this so thats why you havent gotten that many responses. From the women I see on here that are transitioning it seems like they constantly keep their hair in protective styles until they bc.

Solitude

Are you doing the two-step hard protein or the 2 minute one?? I think you can use the two minute one weekly if you'd like and the hard one every 6 weeks.

I'm relaxed, but I'm thinking maybe you can bun??

**Jade**

Are you doing the two-step hard protein or the 2 minute one?? I think you can use the two minute one weekly if you'd like and the hard one every 6 weeks.

I'm relaxed, but I'm thinking maybe you can bun??

Thanks Mizz Debbi and ghanja for answering me.... not quite long enough for a bun ( I have like 1/4 of an inch when I can even get it in a pony) I'm thinking about pre-co-washing it with a Hot Six oil treatment co-washing with Herbal Essences totally twisted and salt or baking soda not sure which. And then doing the 2 minuteI was thinking about trying the twist out and see what happens then... hmmm not sure though I was hoping for more options.

Last edited:

Rina

I have been rocking different types of hair styles for a minute. To get creative you can roller set and pin your hair different types of ways. Like to the side, in a mohawk, or even out like a fro. Since you have new growth, just flat iron the roots and you should be all set.