Lisa Akbari's Curly Fro - New No Heat Style???

texasqt

Hey Ladies -

What do ya think about this Curly Fro Style?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZInve4LqQ8
Has anyone seen/tried anything like this? It looks cool although the video for me isn't really clear and she doesn't give enough details as to when you should set your hair like this (wet or dry, what products to use, etc?).
Fyi...Lisa Akbari is the author of Black Woman's Guide to Beautiful Hair.

Forever in Bloom

She's had that hairstyle for a while or she may be rotating it with ones she may use for personal appearances. When I had my hair analyzed by her, she had it and that was 15 year ago! It seems to have only expanded in volume. Not being mean here; I am quite serious :look: Not that it matters, but I think she's texturized.

ETA: I watched it again, I guess she's relaxed now.

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
The video clearly states that she has new growth. I think she relaxes. I still like the idea of roller twists.:yep: i have to wait for my hair to grow longer to try it, though.:ohwell:

texasqt

I've never seen it done that way - twisting and then rolling. I've never seen her either until this week. She's doing some hair challenge where she's stretching her relaxer and that was one of the styles she's rocking. I don't know if she's doing anything else.

I guess it doesn't seem to be much different from a twist-out/braidout/bantu knot other than she used the roller. Hhhuuuuummmmmmmm?

morehairplease

I went to her salon once. Can't remember much about my visit though. I actually thought she would be the one doing my hair but apparently when I arrived for my appointment she was unexpectedly unavailable.

justNikki

She's had that hairstyle for a while or she may be rotating it with ones she may use for personal appearances. When I had my hair analyzed by her, she had it and that was 15 year ago! It seems to have only expanded in volume. Not being mean here; I am quite serious :look: Not that it matters, but I think she's texturized.

ETA: I watched it again, I guess she's relaxed now.

She is either relaxed or texturized for sure. I saw her a couple of years ago when my hair came out after a bad batch of relaxer was applied.

RosesBlack

When I use rollers like that I twist then roll, is that weird?

LOL that's how I've always rolled my hair in curlers until I discovered flexirods.