I need some suggestions for my Daughter's hair please!!!

sunnysmyler

My daughter (11yrs old) has a Cheer Competition this Sunday and the coach wants her hair in a high side ponytail with candy curls. She has thick 3b-3c hair apl. What would you suggest to achieve this look?

1. Blow dry and flat iron entire head then hot curl pony then put in rollers to "set" the curls or....

2. Blow dry and flat iron the roots and lightly blow dry the ends and do twist and put twist on rollers.....

I don't know what to do to get the best look that will last through her performance and beyond that won't look like a mess?????:perplexed

Also what heat protectant would you suggest.

Thanks for your help ladies.

MsBoinglicious

uhhh i don't have any kids...but i did see a lil "just for me" candy curl draw string cilp on ponytail for kids at the BSS. i would save her hair and nealty put it up in a high bun and clip that sucka on...

whoo chile thats why i don't have kids huh lol

bumping for ya!

sunnysmyler

uhhh i don't have any kids...but i did see a lil "just for me" candy curl draw string cilp on ponytail for kids at the BSS. i would save her hair and nealty put it up in a high bun and clip that sucka on...

whoo chile thats why i don't have kids huh lol

bumping for ya!

Ohhh fa real......I thought about that. I am definately going to check out my local BSS today. Now should I still blow dry and flat iron to the the pony smoth or just slick that sucka down with some IC gel?

krissyprissy

I would wet set the hair and then pull it up or wet set in a pony tail because regular hot iron dont last long at all with all that jumping around.

SilentRuby

I agree with Krissy and Sista. Hot curling won't last at all. I would wet set it and just because you need it to last through a performance, I would probably put "just a little" setting lotion so that it would have a nice, firm, but soft hold.

MsBoinglicious

Ohhh fa real......I thought about that. I am definately going to check out my local BSS today. Now should I still blow dry and flat iron to the the pony smoth or just slick that sucka down with some IC gel?

lol yea i wouldn't put to much effort into using heat. If she is going to be out there cheering, she is just going to sweat it out. i would think.

yea i would smooth her hair up with gel and/or moisturizer and snap a kiddy pony on it.

OR do what the other two up top suggested. set it on rollers while in a pony.