I self relaxed =+) pics update

BrEE

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCHHH to all the ladies who gave the wonderful tips on self relaxing esp londondiva,dontspeakdefeat,southerngirl,hiza,kitchentichian and nurse98 /images/graemlins/kiss.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif /images/graemlins/kisses.gif as you can tell it went really well /images/graemlins/weird.gif /images/graemlins/king.gif /images/graemlins/party.gif not great, but after everything was done i realized what my mistakes were and i went back to the mirror and practiced my technique and now i think next time will be much better. here's the biggest mistake i made i forgot to comb through the underprocessed parts, which is alot, at least 3 inches. i dont know why it didnt come to me to comb through it /images/graemlins/confused.gif only after everything was said and done did i realize that /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif but i'm still happy. this has been the best relaxing experience i've ever had.i usually lose LOTS and LOTS of hair after relaxers at the hands of hair stylists, i once lost a handful of hair. i still got alot of shedding after my hair was dry and i was combing through it. but nowhere near as much as when other people do it. so i'm veryyyyy verryyyy happy. i didnt pay someone to rip/yank/pull my hair and then cut it off after i tell them not to and then they get an attitude about it.so yay for me /images/graemlins/party2.gifbtw i used the half and half method wich worked GREAT!i secured the part i wasnt working on with a shower cap and clips and when i was rinsing the relaxed part off hardly any water got onto that part.so i just patted that down with a towel and relaxed that part next.okey doke, that's about it. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE LADIES WHO GAVE THE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON SELF RELAXING! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Bree,

Congratulations /images/graemlins/dance7.gif!!!

I am soooooooooo happy for you! Your hair looks fantastic! I'm so glad you had the courage to try to do your own relaxer. What a success to not lose nearly as much hair and have it come out great!!! And thanks for giving me a new tip- using the plastic cap to secure one side.

YOU GROW GIRL!!!

SG

Congrats Bree. I have had similar experiences with stylists but also no luck self-relaxing so I'm glad one of us found a viable alternative to stylists.

Beautiful Bree! Congrats on self relaxing /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

thanks everyone /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

the relaxer i used was designer touch texturizer in super strength. i was suppose to use affirm mild .but after trying the strand test 4 times, each time extending the time i realized it might not get my hair straight.and my mom had designer touch lying around so i used that.denali--i lightly dusted the ends.
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

Your hair looks beautiful Bree!!! I'm glad that you had a great "self relaxing" experience. I also tend to forget small steps when I self relax also. I think I'll make a sticky note with some reminders.

BTW, I'm more than happy to lend a helping hand to your lovely head of hair. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Congrats on a sucessful self relaxing experience. your hair is very long and beautiful, i'm sure you'll reach waist length soon.

Congrats Bree!!! Your hair looks wonderful, I'm so happy everything turned out well. You know I was waiting on your updates /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Bree!!! Your hair looks wonderful, I'm so happy everything turned out well. You know I was waiting on your updates /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Im always waiting for her updates too. Gorgeous as usual. I remember two months ago we were about to cry becasue of that crappy stylist. /images/graemlins/whip.gif

Back