I straightened my hair for the first time since the BC!!!!! (Pics)

natalie20121

I didn't think I would do this so soon but I was gonna blow dry it to prepare for my protective style which was box braids and decided to flat iron and get a formal length check. It's been almost 5 months since my big chop. I did a tutorial on it as well on youtube. Here is the link if you are interested in details on what method I use and what works for me. I ended up braiding my hair the very next day. It reverted as soon as I walked out the door. :lachen:
It couldn't hold up to this ATL humidity. I won't flat iron again for AT LEAST another 6 months. I'm really excited about my progress. I can't wait to see my length this time next year!!! I love being natural!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0vN5A9SXsM

Big Chop Pics (Month 1)
009.jpg

007-1.jpg

Almost 5 months later Flat Ironed
021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

Gorgeous! I love it. I might have to go get my hair flat-ironed too. I think it's about your length.

Thank you ladies!!! I never retained length like this when I was relaxed. I'm really happy with the progress so far!

I have to agree with everybody else, your hair is pretty! I really like how shiny it looks! And the growth really DOES look super even! That's a pretty rare feat! :grin:

Wow. That's a lot of progress for 5 months. Good job with the straightening!

Goodness! thats ALOT of progress in just 4 months! you have stellar retention :yep: and the flat iron job looks flawless, so silky looking love the shine :up:

Awesome!!!

I must say, i love your bc pic, you've got the best smile/smirk thing goin on :)

Back